OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5448, 5449, 5450 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
I wish Lakers had interest in whiteside wonder if they do?

Watch this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbGnvk23odA&t=328s

TL;DW

- lazy no effort

- low basketball IQ
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
We are definitely spoiled fans. That’s Laker fandom for you.

I remember complaining after our 2003 loss to the Spurs that the Glen Rice for Eddie Jones trade was terrible and was the reason why we didn’t fourpeat and being legitimately angry about it.

(I will go to my grave thinking that. Glen Rice gave us barely anything of value in our first Shaq Kobe ring against Indiana and left anyway. Had we kept Eddie, he could have slid into that Ron Harper slot the next season and we would have had a big all star backcourt to go with Shaq for the next 4 to 5 years and I’m getting riled up just thinking about it again....)

LOL! I still go back to Showtime. I don't know why we held on to everybody after Magic retired. Held on to Scott till he walked. Held on to AC till he walked. Held on to Worthy till he broke and retired. Then again, if we didn't take the path we took, we don't end up with Kobe and Shaq. It's Wonderful Life, Butterfly Effect, etc. Maybe keeping Eddie equals no Kobe/Pau titles.

True, I do like that Pau is part of our history now. Eddie was one of my favorites though (and like adkindo - Nick Van Exel also), and maybe his #6 would hang in the rafters had he stayed? Who knows. I really shouldn’t complain but that proves it - Spoiled.

Funny enough, the Lakers back then were actually trying really hard to trade James Worthy after Magic left.

Worthy and a couple of filler players were going to be traded to the Sixers for Charles Barkley. The deal was pretty much done but the Sixers at the last minute nixed it and took the deal from the Suns.

We were also really close at acquiring Hakeem the Dream around the same time when Hakeem and the Rockets FO had incredible tension. We would have sent Vlade Divac and Worthy for him.

In the end, things happened for a reason. If we made that trade for Hakeem, we wouldn’t have Kobe or Shaq especially.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Dedmon most likely is a guy who will want PT. Good fit in theory but not when you consider the logistics off it. Same with GR3, RHJ, Napier, Mcrae

Our last spots need to be filled by team first guys/developmental guys who wont mind not getting any minutes.

Dudley
Kyle Korver
Evan Turner
DeMarre Caroll
Ian Mahinmi (!!)
Noah Vonleh
John Henson
Thabo S
Courtney Lee
Brandon Knight
Andre Roberson
KOQ
Diallo
Jonathan Williams
Tarik Black (!!)
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Cranis basically says if Dedmon can find his shooting touch from 2 seasons ago, he would be the ideal 3rd string fit here.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
https://twitter.com/MagicJuan1/status/1331440889420525569

Jesus Carushowwwwwwwww

How cool is that when now he walks into that gym all those other players are looking at World Champion Laker Alex Caruso.

Has to add a bounce to his step and a smile to his face.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Dedmon most likely is a guy who will want PT. Good fit in theory but not when you consider the logistics off it. Same with GR3, RHJ, Napier, Mcrae

Our last spots need to be filled by team first guys/developmental guys who wont mind not getting any minutes.

Dudley
Kyle Korver
Evan Turner
DeMarre Caroll
Ian Mahinmi (!!)
Noah Vonleh
John Henson
Thabo S
Courtney Lee
Brandon Knight
Andre Roberson
KOQ
Diallo
Jonathan Williams
Tarik Black (!!)

Ian Mahinmi 
Korver
Evan Turner
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Cranis basically says if Dedmon can find his shooting touch from 2 seasons ago, he would be the ideal 3rd string fit here.

If he can find his shooting touch,why would he want to be a 3rd string center?
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Idk. Guess it’s a big “if”.

Catch 22.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

He is 31 and closer to being out the league than in it. I don’t think any team is signing him to be more than a 3rd string center.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Would u trade AD for same package going back (with improved BI)... I would not

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

He is 31 and closer to being out the league than in it. I don’t think any team is signing him to be more than a 3rd string center.

He demanded a trade from the Kings b/c he wasnt playing this past season. Our chemistry was one of the best things about our team this past season. I hope that continues

If he comes with the understanding he would be the 3rd C, great. Hopefully the same with Batum/Napier.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
governator wrote:
Would u trade AD for same package going back (with improved BI)... I would not

I mean it’s not that big a reach to say we can send less if we were sending out this version of BI. Maybe we could send out one or two less picks and the Pels would be fine with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Justin Patton was just waived. Young Center I would love to bring in for a workout.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I remember complaining after our 2003 loss to the Spurs that the Glen Rice for Eddie Jones trade was terrible and was the reason why we didn’t fourpeat and being legitimately angry about it.

(I will go to my grave thinking that. Glen Rice gave us barely anything of value in our first Shaq Kobe ring against Indiana and left anyway. Had we kept Eddie, he could have slid into that Ron Harper slot the next season and we would have had a big all star backcourt to go with Shaq for the next 4 to 5 years and I’m getting riled up just thinking about it again....)

LOL! I still go back to Showtime. I don't know why we held on to everybody after Magic retired. Held on to Scott till he walked. Held on to AC till he walked. Held on to Worthy till he broke and retired. Then again, if we didn't take the path we took, we don't end up with Kobe and Shaq. It's Wonderful Life, Butterfly Effect, etc. Maybe keeping Eddie equals no Kobe/Pau titles.

True, I do like that Pau is part of our history now. Eddie was one of my favorites though (and like adkindo - Nick Van Exel also), and maybe his #6 would hang in the rafters had he stayed? Who knows. I really shouldn’t complain but that proves it - Spoiled.

Funny enough, the Lakers back then were actually trying really hard to trade James Worthy after Magic left.

Worthy and a couple of filler players were going to be traded to the Sixers for Charles Barkley. The deal was pretty much done but the Sixers at the last minute nixed it and took the deal from the Suns.

We were also really close at acquiring Hakeem the Dream around the same time when Hakeem and the Rockets FO had incredible tension. We would have sent Vlade Divac and Worthy for him.

In the end, things happened for a reason. If we made that trade for Hakeem, we wouldn’t have Kobe or Shaq especially.

Oh I remember that! If I remember correctly there was also the rumor of trading Worthy for the Hornets pick to get Larry Johnson or something like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I don't think Eddie Jones as a multi time all star would have taken a reduced role to a young star like Kobe. There would have been ego and chemistry issues between them to already multiply Kobe-Shaq friction. Jerry West wanted to trade Eddie for young Tracy McGrady though. That'd would have been a great deal in hindsight.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/12/18/16792082/la-lakers-kobe-bryant-tracy-mcgrady-shaq-super-team
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject:

Not much going on free agency wise so debates broke out about alternate history NBA multiverses?

BTW At this point I think Dedmon would be just happy to have a gig. IF you are going to be a 3rd string C why not the Defending World Champion Los Angeles Lakers?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:50 am    Post subject:

“A boat’s a boat, but the box could be anything! It could even be a boat! We’ll take the box!”

That’s what people somehow still questioning the AD trade sound like. They’re Peter Griffin, who was willing to give up a guaranteed awesome prize, a boat, for potential, because potential is as great as our imaginations can dream, and they forget that their wildest dreams of what potential can be mostly go unrealized.

LAKERS WON A RING, YEAR ONE. On paper, we are in prime position to repeat. The trade was wildly successful, no matter how good BI, Zo, Hart, and the picks turn out to be. Nba and sports history are lined with the corpses of “potentially great players”. Championships are few and far between and are hard as hell to get.

Awesome for BI that he’s shown himself worth a Max contract, I hope Zo does the same this season. but Max contract worthy player and nba championship are not the same thing, as many Max contract players can attest.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Not much going on free agency wise so debates broke out about alternate history NBA multiverses?

Imagine if this were a typical offseason and we'd have another 2-3 months of this before the start of training camp.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:56 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
“A boat’s a boat, but the box could be anything! It could even be a boat! We’ll take the box!”

That’s what people somehow still questioning the AD trade sound like. They’re Peter Griffin, who was willing to give up a guaranteed awesome prize, a boat, for potential, because potential is as great as our imaginations can dream, and they forget that their wildest dreams of what potential can be mostly go unrealized.

LAKERS WON A RING, YEAR ONE. On paper, we are in prime position to repeat. The trade was wildly successful, no matter how good BI, Zo, Hart, and the picks turn out to be. Nba and sports history are lined with the corpses of “potentially great players”. Championships are few and far between and are hard as hell to get.

Awesome for BI that he’s shown himself worth a Max contract, I hope Zo does the same this season. but Max contract worthy player and nba championship are not the same thing, as many Max contract players can attest.

We gave up a good player than can be great in the future (not great yet), a decent player who we drafted because Magic bought Lavar's hype, a role player, a 4th pick that can be good in the future and 2 most likely non-lottery picks for a TOP 5 player who in the first year won a ring with us. You make this trade 100 times out of 100.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

We gave up a good player than can be great in the future (not great yet), a decent player who we drafted because Magic bought Lavar's hype, a role player, a 4th pick that can be good in the future and 2 most likely non-lottery picks for a TOP 5 player who in the first year won a ring with us. You make this trade 100 times out of 100.

Yup, zero remorse as a fan even if BI goes on to have a Hall Of Fame career. I was one of his biggest supporters here even when a lot of the board didn't think he would ever be anything special but for AD who is justtttt hitting his prime currently? You do that trade without hesitation yesterday, today and tomorrow especially when you have Lebron mutha @&*&^*& James already here with probably only a few years left of top 3 level basketball left (who knows for sure with Lebron though!).
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:01 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
a decent player who we drafted because Magic bought Lavar's hype.

I would wager that Magic put negative value on LaVar and his ramblings.

Lonzo was a consensus Top 3 pick, many had him #2, and because he was a UCLA star he was box office in Los Angeles.

Most mock drafts had Tatum #3/4 and Mitchell went #13 because he was an undersized SG. De'Aaron Fox went right about were mock drafts projected at #5
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:04 am    Post subject:

People don't realize how hard it is to win a championship.
AD ON DA WAY!
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:19 am    Post subject:

Portland:
Lillard
McCollum
Covington
Collins
Nurkic

Clippers:
Beverly
Leonard
Morris
George
Ibaka

Against Portland:
Schroder
KCP
LeBron
AD
Gasol

Against Clippers:
KCP
Matthews
LeBron
AD
Gasol

I think the starting lineups will differ like in these examples. The flexibility within the roster allows them to do that.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject:

Shaq Harrison is exactly what the doctor ordered for this team. A defensive PEST who is strong, athletic, with quick feet, and a large wingspan. He has never gotten the minutes and that will not change for us. He will not give us much offensively (do not need it), but he will provide tough perimeter D in short bursts. I know its dumpster diving, but he has value for us and I could see him being valuable in certain situations (unlike the end of our bench last season).
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:21 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Shaq Harrison is exactly what the doctor ordered for this team. A defensive PEST who is strong, athletic, with quick feet, and a large wingspan. He has never gotten the minutes and that will not change for us. He will not give us much offensively (do not need it), but he will provide tough perimeter D in short bursts. I know its dumpster diving, but he has value for us and I could see him being valuable in certain situations (unlike the end of our bench last season).

yes we got it, you want him bad...lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5448, 5449, 5450 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5449 of 8560
Jump to: