OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5754, 5755, 5756 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers interested in bringing back McGee per Dan Woike

Well, scratch Dan Wolke off as someone who knows what he’s talking about.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Funny how things turn out but right now and moving forward I would take Walmart Westbrook (JC) instead of the real Westbrook....especially with salaries considered.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

We have to hope if McGee gets traded it’s to a team that has no plans to win this year and thus they buy him out and we claim him off the waiver wire, but if he gets traded to a team like the Mavericks then you can forget about it, our best bet is getting Whiteside or going after a bigger name like Myles Turner.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Regarding McGee.... It is crazy how some of these reporters that are getting paid for their work have not idea what the NBA rules are with regards to trades and signing players.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It’s that time again, “rival executives.”

https://twitter.com/lakerssbn/status/1367187413756436489?s=21

What I love about Rob is that as opposed to the other idiot we had running the front office, nobody knows anything. Nothing leaks out and everyone is guessing. Did anyone expect Jones? This is the way you run a GM job.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We have to hope if McGee gets traded it’s to a team that has no plans to win this year and thus they buy him out and we claim him off the waiver wire, but if he gets traded to a team like the Mavericks then you can forget about it, our best bet is getting Whiteside or going after a bigger name like Myles Turner.

Turner would be a dream come true....and I would start with a package that includes Trez, Matthews and whatever adds up to an additional $6 million to that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
It’s that time again, “rival executives.”

https://twitter.com/lakerssbn/status/1367187413756436489?s=21

What I love about Rob is that as opposed to the other idiot we had running the front office, nobody knows anything. Nothing leaks out and everyone is guessing. Did anyone expect Jones? This is the way you run a GM job.

Yeah Rob’s most impressive work imo has been getting Schroder and Harrell.

No one could have guessed those moves tbh, not even “rival” Execs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Turner would be a dream come true....and I would start with a package that includes Trez, Matthews and whatever adds up to an additional $6 million to that.

Vogel would push for Myles Turner, a C that has a defensive mind-set is exactly what Vogel likes, let’s see how Vogel uses Trezz tonight against SAC without Gasol/LeBron/AD and potentially Kuz
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

We would have to give up much more than Trez/Wes for Turner.

They would probably want THT/Kuz/salary filler for Turner. Trez/Wes are expiring deals.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Heard a proposal today that sends Kuzma to Minny for Malik Beasley not sure if contracts add up we might need to add more to make it work.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Regarding Turner:

BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Heard a proposal today that sends Kuzma to Minny for Malik Beasley not sure if contracts add up we might need to add more to make it work.

Why would Minnesota want to do that?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I just saw the idea on another forum, yeah it probably won’t happen just wanted to see the reaction.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers may need a gunner. But not that kind of gunner in Beasley.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
There is such as a thing as KCPlayoffs.

But Regular season KCP has been pretty terrible.

More like KCP bubble.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Hoping KCP finds his groove by the time the playoffs start might be asking for to much, something is bothering him rather it’s a injury or a mental thing, keep in mind this guy has been known to have depression issues when criticism arises, better to get something for him now rather then hoping he turns it around.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hoping KCP finds his groove by the time the playoffs start might be asking for to much, something is bothering him rather it’s a injury or a mental thing, keep in mind this guy has been known to have depression issues when criticism arises, better to get something for him now rather then hoping he turns it around.

Even if he catches fire there is no way we finish the season with him and Wes as our only “shooters”. Something has to happen.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Even if he catches fire there is no way we finish the season with him and Wes as our only “shooters”. Something has to happen.

Yeah Pelinka has to add more shooters to this team...

Wayne Ellington
JJ Redick
Matt Thomas
Denzel Valentine
Gary Harris
Buddy Hield

Lots of options to explore. I don’t trust KCP even if he is known to play better when he goes on a major slump.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Another gun incident suspended player. The least of what Lakers need.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Id rather sign jones for the rest of the season than mcgee.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers may need a gunner. But not that kind of gunner in Beasley.

I see what you did there . But seriously is he a good shooter tho?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
The contracts of AD and Giannis have only a 1 year difference in length. Is it difficult to believe he is looking at an AD and Giannis pairing in 3-4 years to continue the Lakers run as a championship contender? Does keeping Kostas help in this respect? Is this too reaching of an assumption? In business we always planned years ahead. I hope RP has this same foresight and while nothing is guaranteed with Giannis you need to put yourself in the position to at least have the opportunity to acquire his services. Much in the same way as KCP and Lebron. Who thought of Lebron coming to the Lakers before KCP arrived.

So weigh the options. Kostas-Giannis vs. another 2-way project. How does a new 2-way impact the chances of winning a championship when even the 12-15th players rarely see the court?

I don't disagree with your general premise. Relationships matter. However, I doubt that we would keep Kostas on the payroll for five years in the hope that Giannis will join us in his 30s. We don't even know that Giannis will be an elite player in the summer of '25. Injuries happen. DeMarcus Cousins was an elite player five years ago. It's possible that Giannis will decide to force his way out of Milwaukee before then, but trying to match salaries with a super max contract would be a nightmare. We might actually need to send Lebron to the Bucks.

But sure, in general, maintaining good relations with an agent is a good thing. If keeping Kostas on the payroll for some period of time helps with future dealings with this particular agent, I can see your point. I'm just not sold on the specific angle involving Giannis.

If kept for this year don't you believe taking care of Kostas for 2 full years is enough to have fostered good relations for the future? I never mentioned keeping Kostas beyond this year and previously mentioned in another comment to address it next offseason. Letting him go midseason is a bad look for the organization and really doesn't serve any purpose in improving the championship run for the team. Maybe it still happens and I actually proposed it many posts ago but reality is I don't believe it will. I would never sell RP short in his planning for the future with Giannis as plan A, PlayerX as plan B and so forth. It appears to be Rob's MO.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need a player like Patty Mills. A straight cold hearted shooter. Don't believe Spurs will deal with the Lakers and I can't think of anyone at the moment.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Lakers need a player like Patty Mills. A straight cold hearted shooter. Don't believe Spurs will deal with the Lakers and I can't think of anyone at the moment.

And once he put on Lakers uniform, he starts laying bricks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5754, 5755, 5756 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5755 of 8560
Jump to: