OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6120, 6121, 6122 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
We tried to get the 3rd star. Unfortunately the waiting game (not complaining for going for a home run) cost us many players who would/could have helped.

And then won a title and locked up LeBron and AD for the near future.

Just acknowledging that we did try to get a 3rd star. It gets old reading posts that we should go for a 3rd star. The FO did everything in their power to do so. Its very difficult and everything has to be perfectly aligned to do so.

Gotcha, good point. Butler wanted his own team, Kemba's knee was worse than anyone knew, and Brogdon/Russell were restricted free agents. It wasn't Kawhi or bust, but going all out for him made perfect sense then and in hindsight.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
However, some takes are so idiotic I speak my piece and move on.

The majority hates him, I dont. Ive never been one for the sheep mentality. I see the value he brings to a team even if most dont.

Idiotic? Sheep mentality? Oh-kay.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
We tried to get the 3rd star. Unfortunately the waiting game (not complaining for going for a home run) cost us many players who would/could have helped.

Just acknowledging that we did try to get a 3rd star. It gets old reading posts that we should go for a 3rd star. The FO did everything in their power to do so. Its very difficult and everything has to be perfectly aligned to do so.

Gotcha, good point. Butler wanted his own team, Kemba's knee was worse than anyone knew, and Brogdon/Russell were restricted free agents. It wasn't Kawhi or bust, but going all out for him made perfect sense then and in hindsight.

I mean all teams are trying to bring in stars. It’s the execution that matters.

Imho, we failed when we prematurely shot our load with the AD trade. You utilize cap space for 2 max players and then after that is realized, you execute a trade for AD using our assets and associated salary aggregation. You don’t need to dump salary (Moe, Bonga, JJ, 2nd rounder, forgoing AD max extension by having him waive his trade kicker) if you execute the AD trade after you fill that available cap space with a 2nd max. You do t even need BI as salary ballast if you negotiate Griff to waiting 1 month to sign the 4th overall pick and have that salary aggregated into getting AD’s deal. That was the difference between us and the Nets in executing the 3 max endgame. Yeah the Nets failed this year, but they’re set up after this.

Key injuries and the unforeseen (COVID) is what led to Toronto, our 2 star team and the last team standing this season to win the title this year. Otherwise it’s been the Heatles, the Dubs and the Cavs have dominated the title count as of late and all those teams sported 3 stars.

Who really cares about trying...we failed and till proven otherwise, are continuing to make up for lost footing (ie praying for multi party consent in S&ts and player opt ins) in our execution towards that particular endgame.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Just seeing what Reggie Jackson and Cameron Payne have been able to do this postseason, I got to wondering how deep the PG free agent market is.

Later Career Vets
Chris Paul 36
Kyle Lowry 35
Goran Dragic 35

Vets
Mike Conley 33
Patty Mills 33
Derrick Rose 32
Ish Smith 33

Mid Career
Dennis Schroder 28
Spencer Dinwiddie 28
Cameron Payne 27
Reggie Jackson 31
Avery Bradley 30
Kris Dunn 27
Elfrid Payton 27
TJ McConnell 29
Austin Rivers 29

Young Restricted
Lonzo Ball (r) 23
Frank Ntilikina (r) 23
Dennis Smith Jr. (r) 23

That is a pretty deep class. Among the more prominent free agents Lowry, Dragic, Mills, Schroder, Dinwiddie, Conley, Payne, Jackson and perhaps Ball all could be up to switching teams.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
RashardA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
RashardA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
RashardA wrote:
GrimjowwLA wrote:
Kuzma + mckinnie + fillers for Joe Harris . Who says yes ? 😅

Lakers lose a defense, length & rebounding but gain shooting.

Harris (bleep) the bed royally under playoff pressure, it would just get magnified in Los Angeles playing with Lebron.

Lakers would be taking a risk but im sure they would do it.

Nets gain more length, rebounding & playing in that system, with those players Kuz would flourish.

Working with Nash, KD, Kyrie and Harden..im pretty sure Kuz would get his shot right.

Plus they get Mckinnie..another 6'8, athletic player who can shoot threes + even more fillers?

IMO, Nets jump all over this trade after the way Harris performed in the playoffs.

And im pretty sure Kuz would pray for it to happen as well.

The Nets turn this down fast.

Harris is one of the best shooters in NBA history. One bad playoff series isn't going to make the Net dumb him for Kuz (who had a bad playoffs too) and McKinnie (who has no trade value -- he couldn't make our rotation, and he wouldnt be in the Nets rotation).

I totally disagree.

Harris has been a no show multiple times in the playoffs for multiple teams.

At least if Kuz's shot isnt falling he can do other things like defend, block shots and rebound.

He's also younger, longer and more athletic.

It's pretty funny to me how Joe Harris can be forgiven for being complete trash in the playoffs multiple seasons but Kuz can't after one series.

Kuz doesnt get a pass and neither should Harris.

Especially being a starter with much more playoff experience than Kuz has.

If im the Nets I jump on this trade because of the versatility Kuz provides.

As ive stated numerous times, put Kuz with a coaching staff who has a clue how to use him offensively & he'll be much more productive than being apart of the LeBron system.

I get that a big part of this board is imagining that other teams are salivating to get Kuzma. I'll believe it when I see it.

He's 26 years old, 6'9 and athletic, has chip experience, can defend, can rebound, can pass, can score when utilized properly.

His main weakness is his handle and consistent three point shooting.

That said, he improved his 3pt% this season.

Yes, he (bleep) the bed in the playoffs, but tell me which Laker didnt?

One playoff series does not define a player's career nor should it be the end all be all when evaluating Kuz's overall season last season.

If that's the case, every Laker not named Bron or AD should be banished from the team & the league.

So yeah, any coach with a clue on HOW to use him properly should be excited to add him to their roster.

Im also pretty sure playing in that Nash/MDA system alongside KD, Harden & Kyrie would prove to be extremely beneficial to Kuz.

I get it. You like Kuzma. Cool.

I hope GMs share your opinion and we trade him for a good return.

It's not about "liking Kuz."

Its about this ridiculous notion that he adds absolutely no value to a team.

That's complete idiocy.

And I agree, I hope he is moved because the Lakers have no clue how to use him & hopefully they can get pieces that fit.

Win/win for everyone.

Bruh, I think it is awesome you post on the board Kuzma. Hopefully you find a system that fits your style (both game and hair) next season. Hopefully after you are traded, you still post on the board though.

This board really has gone down over the years.

Instead of constructive points/debates made posters come with immature insults or BS takes like this.

Level of posters & intelligent debate/takes have been shot to hell.

Kind of like your trade value over the last few years Kuz.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

This board really has gone down over the years.

Instead of constructive points/debates made posters come with immature insults or BS takes like this.

Level of posters & intelligent debate/takes have been shot to hell.

Pot, meet kettle.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Marc J Spears on NBA the Jump thinks Kuzma is a goner this summer.

I think he said something along the lines up "keep an eye out for a sign and trade for spencer dinwiddie" since he just opted out today

Man, (bleep) Dinwiddie for opting out then. What an (bleep).

🤔?

A S&T for Dinwiddie hard caps the Lakers whereas if he opted in with a *wink wink* trade between the Nets and Lakers for Kuzma straight up, Pelinka could've given him an extension with the gap in salary this season amortized over the life of his new contract.

I actually think it would hard cap the Nets, not the Lakers. I could be wrong here but I believe the signing team is the one that is hard capped. It wouldn’t make sense that the Lakers would be hard capped for trading a player (Kuzma) that is already under contract.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
LGFan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Marc J Spears on NBA the Jump thinks Kuzma is a goner this summer.

I think he said something along the lines up "keep an eye out for a sign and trade for spencer dinwiddie" since he just opted out today

Man, (bleep) Dinwiddie for opting out then. What an (bleep).

🤔?

A S&T for Dinwiddie hard caps the Lakers whereas if he opted in with a *wink wink* trade between the Nets and Lakers for Kuzma straight up, Pelinka could've given him an extension with the gap in salary this season amortized over the life of his new contract.

I actually think it would hard cap the Nets, not the Lakers. I could be wrong here but I believe the signing team is the one that is hard capped. It wouldn’t make sense that the Lakers would be hard capped for trading a player (Kuzma) that is already under contract.

The team that receives a sign-and-traded player that is hard capped.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Imho, we failed when we prematurely shot our load with the AD trade. You utilize cap space for 2 max players and then after that is realized, you execute a trade for AD using our assets and associated salary aggregation. You don’t need to dump salary (Moe, Bonga, JJ, 2nd rounder, forgoing AD max extension by having him waive his trade kicker) if you execute the AD trade after you fill that available cap space with a 2nd max. You do t even need BI as salary ballast if you negotiate Griff to waiting 1 month to sign the 4th overall pick and have that salary aggregated into getting AD’s deal. That was the difference between us and the Nets in executing the 3 max endgame. Yeah the Nets failed this year, but they’re set up after this.

Key injuries and the unforeseen (COVID) is what led to Toronto, our 2 star team and the last team standing this season to win the title this year. Otherwise it’s been the Heatles, the Dubs and the Cavs have dominated the title count as of late and all those teams sported 3 stars.

Who really cares about trying...we failed and till proven otherwise, are continuing to make up for lost footing (ie praying for multi party consent in S&ts and player opt ins) in our execution towards that particular endgame.

Well said. So much more articulate than the standard "But we won the title"
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Baron was correct though in stating we did win the title (and locked up our key guys). I just hope we end up having the full MLE available which is a big difference over the Taxpayer (Mini) MLE.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I find life is easier if you listen to the philosopher Jagger: You can't always get what you want.

But I must admit I find your whole perspective a little warped. You are woulda-coulda-shoulda-ing that we have three stars, while you woulda-coulda-shoulda that the ring we actually did win was luck. It's like you're bending backwards to be unhappy.

Last edited by activeverb on Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

But we did win the title and a LOT of Lakers fans are happy about it. I don’t play the “what if” game because it’s frankly a waste of time.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

But we did win the title and a LOT of Lakers fans are happy about it. I don’t play the “what if” game because it’s frankly a waste of time.

That's a reasonable point. Any situation can always be made better, and you can always fantasize about the road not taken. But, ultimately, I can't complain about how things turned out. I don't get worked up because everything did not break for us the way we would have liked.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers didn't just win a title. We won in a year that saw the tragic death of Kobe Bryant, domestic social unrest and a worldwide pandemic. Fifteen years from now most people won't remember all that much about how Kobe, Pau and Fish beat the Dwight led Orlando Magic en route to the 2010 title. But I guarantee you people will remember that Bron and co put on their hard hats and won one for Kobe in the Orlando Bubble.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

@activeverb: sounds like a good philosophy to have, but then again dude said to have “Sympathy for the Devil” and I can’t do that no matter how much manna is involved.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

The Phoenix Suns.. The Dallas Mavericks .... The Denver Nuggets will be a obstacle in our path to win championships for the next several years, not even gonna mention the other teams because well.. let’s just say that Pelinka and Co have there work cut out for them in trying to build a championship level team for the long term.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I appreciated reading that post as well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The Lakers didn't just win a title. We won in a year that saw the tragic death of Kobe Bryant, domestic social unrest and a worldwide pandemic. Fifteen years from now most people won't remember all that much about how Kobe, Pau and Fish beat the Dwight led Orlando Magic en route to the 2010 title. But I guarantee you people will remember that Bron and co put on their hard hats and won one for Kobe in the Orlando Bubble.

💯
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Where is the banana peel guy when he is needed the most?
S.O.S. for the banana peel dude.
🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌..
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Yes, I brought up the same points at the time of the trade. If Griffin wanted his clever boy reverse protections, etc. on the Lakers future picks, then he should've played ball and delayed the AD trade until after free agency. Those SL minutes Jaxson Hayes and NAW got were clearly crucial to their development.

Lastly, there's value in swinging for the fences with Kawhi even if it failed. Pelinka needs to now pull a rabbit out of his hat.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Can montrez already opt out please
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:

Why? I hope he opts in. Another trade piece (especially salary ballast, but a reason he may not opt in).
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:

Why? I hope he opts in. Another trade piece (especially salary ballast, but a reason he may not opt in).

It’s just a formality, don’t imagine him opting in to just be a part of a trade package
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure Pelinka and Rich Paul are working on the Harrell contract situation, I could see Montrezl Harrell helping the Lakers out by opting in especially considering how much he liked his time here as a Laker despite the fact that Vogel was mis-using him almost all season long.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Only way he opts in is if he gets traded to a team he wants to go to AND teams are telling him he’s getting the minimum or something close to that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6120, 6121, 6122 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6121 of 8560
Jump to: