OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6121, 6122, 6123 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
@activeverb: sounds like a good philosophy to have, but then again dude said to have “Sympathy for the Devil” and I can’t do that no matter how much manna is involved.

LOL
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Can montrez already opt out please

Why? I hope he opts in. Another trade piece (especially salary ballast, but a reason he may not opt in).

It’s just a formality, don’t imagine him opting in to just be a part of a trade package

I am not sure what the deadline is for him to exercise the option in this odd year, but the deadline is typically a couple of weeks after the final ends.

So he and his agent probably have about a month where they can look around for offers before deciding whether to opt out. There really isn't a reason for him to opt out before the deadline or before he has accepted an offer.

He might as well keep the option of coming back to the Lakers as long as he can.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Booker a Free Agent in 2024.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pretty sure Pelinka and Rich Paul are working on the Harrell contract situation, I could see Montrezl Harrell helping the Lakers out by opting in especially considering how much he liked his time here as a Laker despite the fact that Vogel was mis-using him almost all season long.

I doubt Montrezl cares about helping out the Lakers. He wants to see if he can get a bigger salary on a team he wants to play for.

Right now, Paul is probably checking around the league to see what offers he can get for Montrezl.

Basically, Pelinka can't do anything but look for a trade to a place that Montrezl really wants to go to as an incentive to get him to opt in.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:

Why? I hope he opts in. Another trade piece (especially salary ballast, but a reason he may not opt in).

It’s just a formality, don’t imagine him opting in to just be a part of a trade package

I am not sure what the deadline is for him to exercise the option in this odd year, but the deadline is typically a couple of weeks after the final ends.

So he and his agent probably have about a month where they can look around for offers before deciding whether to opt out. There really isn't a reason for him to opt out before the deadline or before he has accepted an offer.

He might as well keep the option of coming back to the Lakers as long as he can.

i know i am just surprised how the spencer news came out the morning after them getting eliminated and nothing from montrez yet...so was just curious
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:

i know i am just surprised how the spencer news came out the morning after them getting eliminated and nothing from montrez yet...so was just curious

I guess the deadline for Spencer to opt out is tomorrow. Not sure if all players are under the same deadline or if it varies according to their contract.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pretty sure Pelinka and Rich Paul are working on the Harrell contract situation, I could see Montrezl Harrell helping the Lakers out by opting in especially considering how much he liked his time here as a Laker despite the fact that Vogel was mis-using him almost all season long.

I doubt Montrezl cares about helping out the Lakers. He wants to see if he can get a bigger salary on a team he wants to play for.

Right now, Paul is probably checking around the league to see what offers he can get for Montrezl.

Basically, Pelinka can't do anything but look for a trade to a place that Montrezl really wants to go to as an incentive to get him to opt in.

Trust me, Harrell wants to go to a lot of teams the thing is Vogel is a defensive minded coach so he didn’t appreciate what Trezz bought to the table.. a lot of coaches will.. he’s still young enough to cash in whenever he wants which is why a opt in isn’t out of question.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Trust me, Harrell wants to go to a lot of teams the thing is Vogel is a defensive minded coach so he didn’t appreciate what Trezz bought to the table.. a lot of coaches will.. he’s still young enough to cash in whenever he wants which is why a opt in isn’t out of question.

I question your assumption that there is a big paycheck down the line for him. Given his size, lack of defense, and lack of shooting, he might top out at MLE money. If somehow he can get more now, he'd be smart to go for it. This is a weak free agent year.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

We don't want Harrell back cuz he can't shoot the three. Tucker plays defense and could shoot the three. We want someone like that or Batum. Make it happen GM-in-training Rob!!

I feel like the Lakers are suckers for paying Harrell $9M/yr while Tuckers is only making $8M/yr and Batum $2.5M/year. Imagine if the Clippers won it all with Batum instead of Harrell, it would even further devalue Harrell's value. Who knows? They could have done it if Kawhi was healthy.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I question your assumption that there is a big paycheck down the line for him. Given his size, lack of defense, and lack of shooting, he might top out at MLE money. If somehow he can get more now, he'd be smart to go for it. This is a weak free agent year.

Small market teams that can’t attract FAs might look into Harrell as there consolation prize.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Small market teams that can’t attract FAs might look into Harrell as there consolation prize.

Sure, someone like Charlotte might pay him. But if they are going to pay him the future, why wouldn't they pay him right now? And if he can get the money right now, why wait rather than re-up with the Lakers and be traded?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sure, someone like Charlotte might pay him. But if they are going to pay him the future, why wouldn't they pay him right now? And if he can get the money right now, why wait rather than re-up with the Lakers and be traded?

I have heard some buzz that the Hornets might go after Rachaun Holmes, perhaps not the Hornets but someone like the Raptors might pay him some decent money.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

This forum has turned into straight trash, since they stopped policing it for lame POSTERS.

Pretending to hear buzz, when you know all you did was go open twitter and pretend.

Make strange comments about how players, gms, coaches, and teams are feeling.

Make "water is wet"comments all day everyday.

Use weird words like "hence" in the opening of a sentence that do not even fit the definition of the word.

Make every statement that any player that has ever had a pulse that he will go or want to go to the Lakers.

Make nba 2ktrade suggestions that even with the override button on would be rejected.

This once glorious forum has been torn to shreds by all of the lame POSTERS.

HENCE it is actually only one poster "Inspector 2.0" that has caused all of this HENCE I will be leaving L.G. forever. HENCE this is goodbye.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Did not meant to upset anyone, I just said that I heard some talk that the Hornets might go after Holmes I didn’t mean it in a way to off set the posters on LG
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
This forum has turned into straight trash, since they stopped policing it for lame POSTERS.

Pretending to hear buzz, when you know all you did was go open twitter and pretend.

Use weird words like "hence" in the opening of a sentence that do not even fit the definition of the word.

Make every statement that any player that has ever had a pulse that he will go or want to go to the Lakers.

Make nba 2ktrade suggestions that even with the override button on would be rejected.

HENCE it is actually only one poster "Inspector 2.0" that has caused all of this HENCE I will be leaving L.G. forever. HENCE this is goodbye.

I motion to give IG their own thread, I'm cool with considering whichever ideas just free this one up for everybody.

#savethe#savethekids
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:

Farewell.
We wish you well in your future endeavors.
Good stuff IG 😜
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

I hope #savethekids is joking around, I was happy and stoked when he buried the hatchet with me
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Did you see the video of the dumb clipper and Suns fans fighting?
Booker is such a moron for rewarding that crap.
But he is really good on offense.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

IG is just a long running bit account. Not worth taking that seriously.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
IG is just a long running bit account. Not worth taking that seriously.

What you mean?
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

does anyone know whats up with cam reddish?

maybe availabke fir #22?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:

maybe availabke fir #22?

I don't know, but Ralph seems to hate him.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:

kuz and 2041 1st for zion
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:

maybe availabke fir #22?

Is there a difference between Reddish and KCP?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:

Some people who don't enjoy a party simply leave quietly.

Other people need to announce at the top of their lungs that they dislike the party and are unhappy.

Often, no one at the party even noticed the unhappy guy was there, and they don't notice when he's gone.

The party just goes on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6121, 6122, 6123 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6122 of 8560
Jump to: