OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant to the Lakers? (SAS: "Lakers are the front runners.”)

chantruong wrote:
Wilt wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

1. SAS Sux

Stephen A. Smith wrote:
I AM THE PERSONIFICATION OF PERFECTION. FROM MY IMPECCABLE HAIR, MY INCREDIBLE VOCABULARY, TO THE POSSESSION OF CELL PHONE NUMBERS OF HUNDREDS OF NBA PLAYERS SUCH AS THE KEVIN DURANTS OF THE WORLD, THE MARIO CHALMERSES OF THE WORLD, THE CARMELO ANTHONYS OF THE WORLD, THE JIMMY BUTLERS OF THE WORLD. YOU NAME IT, I CAN TEXT THEM RIGHT NOW. NO ONE CAN TOUCH ME. THE AUDACITY, THE UNMITIGATED GALL, THE TEMORACITY, THE COURAGIFICATION OF SAYING THAT I SUCK. HOW DARE YOU? MEANWHILE, I WILL GO AND FIND FIVE MORE NFL TEAMS TO ROOT FOR. AARON RODGERS IS A BAAAAD MAN.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5rz-yulRIsw
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I believed SAS the first time around. I think KD had interest while in OKC. We just didn’t have a competent front office at the time (though there are some here still in love with Mitch, Jim, and Chaz the Bartender).
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Idk how i feel about this. I want to compete for a championship, not blow out every single team. I want drama.

LeBron and KD on the same team means every series in the playoffs goes 5 max

You’ll get over it, especially when we tie and then go ahead of the Celtics’ 17 banners.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

If he is trying to leave to make a name for himself, playing with Lebron (even if Durant is the better player at this point in their careers) doesnt really make sense
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
If he is trying to leave to make a name for himself, playing with Lebron (even if Durant is the better player at this point in their careers) doesnt really make sense

Spoiler... He's changing his name to LeBron James.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Durant has trade veto power.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/nba-players-who-can-veto-trades-in-201819.html

I believe he's referring to Durant arriving as a free agent. A trade, with his salary and our one-year players would be near-impossible without a third team, and even then, July 1st is only months away

Oh okay. I was just listening to ESPN radio talking about trying to call and trade for him right now.

God, they ALWAYS f'king do that. And Ireland is ALWAYS like "You gotta get HIM NOW!!!" whether it's PG, Kawhi, whatever. It's a well they go to everytime they need to fill some airspace, and never account the capspace implications.

But thanks for filling me in on the details, and for advising me to stay away from the radio dial for a few days
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

except at this point next summer, most likely both of them have 3 rings with 3 NBA finals MVPs... He might think people would automatically put him ahead of old LeBron already
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
https://twitter.com/scoopb/status/1058911673698959361?s=21

Quote:
Lakers, Anthony Davis trade with New Orleans Pelicans would make sense if constructed like this:

Package 1: Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, 1st round pick

Package 2: Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, 1st round pick

New Orleans Lakers

Geez... those packages don't even make sense. Why would any team take package 2 when package 1 is the same exact proposal but with 2 more assets?

Last edited by LAkers 4 Life on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Make it happen Magic

God I hope Svi, Mo & Bonga are ready next year. That's a great lineup but no depth. The minimum and exceptions (bi-annual? room/taxpayer?) can only do so much.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:
Lakers, Anthony Davis trade with New Orleans Pelicans would make sense if constructed like this:

New Orleans Lakers

Geez... those packages don't even make sense. Why would any team take package 2 when package 1 is the same exact proposal but with 2 more assets?

lmfao for real.

Any package the Pelicans would even think about starts with Ingram + Ball.

Period
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:

New Orleans Lakers

Davis is making $25,434,263 this season.

86. How do simultaneous trades work? How much salary can a team take back in a simultaneous trade?

Quote:

For non-taxpaying teams (again, they must be under the tax level after the trade), the salaries that can be acquired depend on the total salaries the team is trading away:

Non-Taxpaying Teams
Outgoing salary............................Maximum incoming salary
$0 to $6,533,333.....................175% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,0005
$6,533,334 to $19.6 million.......The outgoing salary plus $5 million5
$19.6 million and up.................125% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000

$25,434,263 - $100,000 = $25,334,263 / 1.25 = $20,267,410

Quote:

Does either of the two packages have at least $20,267,410 in salary?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Make it happen Magic

God I hope Svi, Mo & Bonga are ready next year. That's a great lineup but no depth. The minimum and exceptions (bi-annual? room/taxpayer?) can only do so much.

How is there a bi-annual exception with cap space being used to sign Durant?

If a team is using cap space to sign a free agent, then the room exception would be available. The taxpayer MLE wouldn't be available.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

If anything would incentivize Durant to join the Lakers (and I've been skeptical) it would be wanting to get the best chance possible to beat the Warriors. Do the Lakers offer the best chance at that? Right now the other LA team is playing better and ready to give Durant 100% credit for everything.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
If anything would incentivize Durant to join the Lakers (and I've been skeptical) it would be wanting to get the best chance possible to beat the Warriors. Do the Lakers offer the best chance at that? Right now the other LA team is playing better and ready to give Durant 100% credit for everything.

They have to literally get rid of all their good players to sign KD, no?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

does it matter? i mean if KD trusts Gallo to be healthy for all 82 games then more power to him or if he accepts T Harris to play at the same contract.

T Harris: UFA
Bev: team option
Boban: UFA
Gortat: UFA
Milo: UFA
Luc: UFA
M Scott: UFA
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Why isn't Lonzo in this trade. Get rid of him before Hart and Kuzma. Who is writing this crap? Stupid trade.

Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:

New Orleans Lakers
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

They have almost enough to get KD and keep Harris, Lou Will, Harrell and their rookies without doing anything

Gallo $22,615,559
Bradley ($2,000,000 if waived)
Lou Will $8,000,000
Harrell $6,000,000
SGA $3,952,920
Robinson $3,567,720
Harris ($22,200,000 Cap Hold?)
KD $38,150,000
5 Min Cap Holds ~5x$890,162=$4,450,810

Total $110,937,009

This assumes Clips make the playoffs and lose their 1st round pick to Boston. I'm getting my salary numbers from Spotrac. Sometimes they are iffy. I will be monitoring several's cap situation. We have a lot of competition next year.

The thing we need to look out for is the Clips stretching Gallo. If they do, they have enough for a 30% max which could be Kawhi, Kyrie, etc.

It is still early and the Clips do have a better record and look more cohesive. No reason we cant vastly improve by the end of the year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

KD has been taking paycuts to keep this roster together....I think he is probably tired of holding up his end while everyone else on the roster is asking to get paid. Not to mention he put up big numbers in the Finals so theres no reason for him to sacrifice anymore. He will he definitely leave next season.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

No way NOLA loses AD.

You guys need to move on.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

They could forget the two-max plan (since, who is even the other guy now?) and use the money to resign the impact guys; Tobias, Gortat, and Beverly. They could also open 14 million in space by stretching Gallo. Harrell, SGA (he's going to be good) and maybe Robinson (no idea) will be ready for more minutes.

We have to potentially lose a few guys too that are barely keeping us afloat. Are we retaining both Tyson and McGee? Because we REALLY need both and it seems at least one has to be gone while the other would have to be happy with the room (which, no guarantee).

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

KD is only leaving for a team that has a chance to dethrone the Warriors....very few teams of that caliber out there. Definitely not the Clippers...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

They have almost enough to get KD and keep Harris, Lou Will, Harrell and their rookies without doing anything

Gallo $22,615,559
Lou Will $8,000,000
Harrell $6,000,000
SGA $3,952,920
Robinson $3,567,720
KD $38,150,000

Total $110,937,009

This assumes Clips make the playoffs and lose their 1st round pick to Boston. I'm getting my salary numbers from Spotrac. Sometimes they are iffy. I will be monitoring several's cap situation. We have a lot of competition next year.

The thing we need to look out for is the Clips stretching Gallo. If they do, they have enough for a 30% max which could be Kawhi, Kyrie, etc.

It is still early and the Clips do have a better record and look more cohesive. No reason we cant vastly improve by the end of the year.

So KD is joining a team with T Harris as a 2nd best player and is more attractive then the Lakers ?

Ok
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
KD is only leaving for a team that has a chance to dethrone the Warriors....very few teams of that caliber out there. Definitely not the Clippers...

Laugh all you want, but they have more wins than we do. They're also more efficient than we are on both sides of the floor. And their FO/coaching situation probably garners more respect than ours does.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
chantruong wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Gallo $22,615,559
Lou Will $8,000,000
Harrell $6,000,000
SGA $3,952,920
Robinson $3,567,720
KD $38,150,000

Total $110,937,009

So KD is joining a team with T Harris as a 2nd best player and is more attractive then the Lakers ?

Ok

I was replying to the Clips have to give up a lot of players to sign KD, which they really don't.

If they can get another max like KL then it will be interesting. Will KL leave toronto? Too early to tell. Will Kyrie leave Boston? Probably not. Klay leave GSW? Probably not. Butler leave Sixers? Probably not.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
chantruong wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Gallo $22,615,559
Lou Will $8,000,000
Harrell $6,000,000
SGA $3,952,920
Robinson $3,567,720
KD $38,150,000

Total $110,937,009

Ok

The team with Tobias Harris as it's 1st best player has been outplaying ours, but we're the ones laughing in this scenario
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 254 of 8560
Jump to: