OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3568, 3569, 3570 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
Another crazy day!

Presti has squandered so much talent, its insane.

Could've redeemed himself if they had just won a single championship...but nope they had to be penny pinching at the wrong time.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
LOL. True shooting percentage... yeah only because he got to the FT line more than anyone. Take away his FTs and dude is below average shooter.

The majority of his shots are iso step-back three's, which he hits at a high rate.

Why you always here? This isn't Rockets talk or defend the rockets from Lakers fans dot net. Enjoy what your team is. They won't be that good. Probably doesn't move the needle in one way or the other.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Durant
Harden
Westbrook
PG13

Dayum, 4 MVP/MVP candidate players, all in their prime, zero 0 ring

How do you mess this up
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Presti getting praise for getting a lot of picks out of his 2 trades. Na you had Durant, harden, Westbrook, George in their PRIMES with nothing but one trip to the finals to show for it. He’s getting no props for none of this. All cause he drafted well a decade ago but look at his picks lately lol
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Durant
Harden
Westbrook
PG13

Dayum, 4 MVP/MVP candidate players, all in their prime, zero 0 ring

How do you mess this up

Move your team to OKC.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Presti getting praise for getting a lot of picks out of his 2 trades. Na you had Durant, harden, Westbrook, George in their PRIMES with nothing but one trip to the finals to show for it. He’s getting no props for none of this. All cause he drafted well a decade ago but look at his picks lately lol

Maybe I'm listening to too many Bill Simmons podcasts, but it feels like the hipster thing to declare the team that traded their star for a bunch of draft picks a clear winner, instead of the 2 (maybe 3) teams that became title contenders (the point is to win titles, right?). You traded franchise guys in AD, PG, and Russ, congrats on getting a bunch of picks that probably won't amount to much? Picks are much more valuable as trade assets than the actual players that get drafted.
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

Maybe I'm listening to too many Bill Simmons podcasts, but it feels like the hipster thing to declare the team that traded their star for a bunch of draft picks a clear winner, instead of the 2 (maybe 3) teams that became title contenders (the point is to win titles, right?). You traded franchise guys in AD, PG, and Russ, congrats on getting a bunch of picks that probably won't amount to much? Picks are much more valuable as trade assets than the actual players that get drafted.

And when those picks come into their prime, they can trade them for more picks.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
That Thunder 30 for 30 is gonna be insane, whenever they make it. 3 future MVPs and nothing to show for it, a true dynasty that never was.

Had they traded Russ instead of harden.... things would be much different
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
LOL. True shooting percentage... yeah only because he got to the FT line more than anyone. Take away his FTs and dude is below average shooter.

The majority of his shots are iso step-back three's, which he hits at a high rate.

Why you always here? This isn't Rockets talk or defend the rockets from Lakers fans dot net. Enjoy what your team is. They won't be that good. Probably doesn't move the needle in one way or the other.

It's true too, every year once he gets to the playoffs and they stop giving him all the ticky tack and extreme acting calls he becomes a pretty average star player.. still really good just nowhere remotely close to being among the best in the league like when he's getting the calls in the regular season. Ugliest player to watch in the NBA imo.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

MDA has yet to find a PG he can't make better. I expect WB to fit in great with the floor so spread.

IF CP3 is willing to come here after a buyout. Tough to say no to that talent.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Holy (bleep) Westbrook to rockets?! Thats a good fit.

PG.LeBron
SG.Green
SF.Kuzma
PF.Davis
C.Cousins

PG.Lou
SG.PG13
SF.Kawhi
PF.Harrell
C.Zubac

PG.Westbrook
SG.Harden
SF.Gordon
PF.Tucker
C.Capela

wow so much talent. I believe the NBA is on an auto pilot system. They are in for share revenue right? why not figure out a system of 2 Allstars and make every game a must watch..
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
adkindo wrote:
did you guys see that report that Durant would not agree to the S&T that got GSW Russell unless GSW gave up a pick? Like GSW and and Brooklyn were good without the pick, but he refused to sign unless GSW gave up a pick. I think he is the most repulsive dude in the NBA.

Kawhi is the most repulsive dude. Did you read the expose that basically says he tried to circumvent the CBA by asking teams for compensation outside the rules?

Where is this story? Do you have a link? Thanks
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Holy (bleep) Westbrook to rockets?! Thats a good fit.

PG.LeBron
SG.Green
SF.Kuzma
PF.Davis
C.Cousins

PG.Lou
SG.PG13
SF.Kawhi
PF.Harrell
C.Zubac

PG.Westbrook
SG.Harden
SF.Gordon
PF.Tucker
C.Capela

wow so much talent. I believe the NBA is on an auto pilot system. They are in for share revenue right? why not figure out a system of 2 Allstars and make every game a must watch..

Hey, at least there's one person that likes the trade for the Rockets.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
MDA has yet to find a PG he can't make better. I expect WB to fit in great with the floor so spread.

Is that even possible? OKC will pay CP3 his remaining 120mil+ contract and let him walk?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

That's a really good point.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

What about CP3 for Lebron? With the agreement of OKC buying out Lebron’s MUCH Cheaper contract. Then Lebron signs for vet min and eats some money to get his boy CP3 to LA. Then Lebron can resign next season with mini bird rights correct?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
What about CP3 for Lebron? With the agreement of OKC buying out Lebron’s MUCH Cheaper contract. Then Lebron signs for vet min and eats some money to get his boy CP3 to LA. Then Lebron can resign next season with mini bird rights correct?

Go to sleep
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Balto wrote:

Go to sleep

And read this as a bed time story: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm
Shoot Like Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:

Just when I thought I seen it all.
Shoot Like Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Is that even possible? OKC will pay CP3 his remaining 120mil+ contract and let him walk?

Of course it's possible.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:

LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
What about CP3 for Lebron?

OKC should sign Wade and Melo and get the Banana boat crew together.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Would you buyout hundreds of millions or make the guy play for you?
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
How does Morey continue to move albatross contracts? This is insane. Ryan Anderson at $20 million. Chris Paul at $40 million. Unreal. These idiot GM’s continue to bail out his failures time and time again.

I'm not sure they are better.

You’re joking?

Westbrook and Harden are by far the best backcourt in the league. I can’t even think of a better pairing in history. These are two league MVP’s in their prime.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic. Best backcourt in the leage? I agree if by best you mean most offensively inefficient and turnover heavy. #1 and #2 in turnovers per game. This is a dumpster fire in the making. two guys that demand the ball and need to be the focus offensively. Two guys who are horribly inefficient shooters. Two guys who turn the ball over on record paces. Basically Houston just added turnovers and lowered their shooting percentage with this move.

I agree with JUST-MING, there's no doubt that Westbrook and Harden are the best backcourt in the league, just looking from the talent perspective, we'll see how good they can work together, so right now i would say that Rockets are 3rd best team in the West, behind Lakers and healthy Warriors.

Dreamshake wrote:
I absolutely hate this trade, but I get it. I hate it because CP3 is a better fit and player if healthy, and because the draft picks we gave up are so far away. It would take at least one pick to move CP3's contract, but I would prefer it not be at a point where the backcourt could be old and the team could suck.

I get it because CP3 hasn't been healthy and Westbrick typically is. You paid CP3 to contend and still should with Westbrick. You arguably have a longer window to contend with Westbrick. Westbrick and Harden are lifelong friends and should play nice. Harden is actually fine off the ball. Westbrick chose Houston (see Jimmy Butler for example).

I guess if the majority of y'all can hate LeBron until he joins your team then I can do the same for Westbrick.

Hey man, congrats on that trade, as a huge Westbrook fan i really hope that he and Harden can fit together and hopefully your team will reach Western Conference finals, but no more than that
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Would you buyout hundreds of millions or make the guy play for you?

Do they have their own draft picks? I honestly don't know. I also wonder if CP3 is willing to play in that small market. Might have an AD situation. Without the ability to trade him till December. And even when they can trade him, that contract price makes him borderline untradeable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3568, 3569, 3570 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3569 of 8560
Jump to: