OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3638, 3639, 3640 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Alright rest of NBA, get your #tampering complaints in early.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
if this + hiring kidd lands us giannis

all will be forgiven

With $80 mil going to Lebron and AD it would be tough.
lakersboi1993
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

“I could never see myself being out there,” Antetokounmpo said. “It’s great for two, three days but it’s a little bit — things are going a little bit crazy.

”Of course, because of the All-Star Game, there was a lot of people there. … In Milwaukee — I love Milwaukee — it’s low-key. I can walk down the road, down the streets without anybody bugging me — nobody interrupts my conversation or anything. I love how quiet and calm Milwaukee is.”

Just leave it alone
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

I think it’s widely understood that in a 2021 max scenario, LeBron is either leaving or declining his PO and re-signing for a smaller number. Do we really need to point out the obvious like that? Lakers are clearly positioning themselves for a 2021 max FA run.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

I think it’s widely understood that in a 2021 max scenario, LeBron is either leaving or declining his PO and re-signing for a smaller number. Do we really need to point out the obvious like that? Lakers are clearly positioning themselves for a 2021 max FA run.

Your fantasy is hardly obvious. I realize that you might want that to happen but Lebron has never operated that way. A Kobe-like contract is more likely. If those discussions have been had I would like to read about it.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
We got Giannis' brother!

so it begins...

....again
mxgardens
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

Your fantasy is hardly obvious. I realize that you might want that to happen but Lebron has never operated that way. A Kobe-like contract is more likely. If those discussions have been had I would like to read about it.

LeBron has never operated that way? Other than his last contract, you mean?
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

No need to be condescending. I fully realize LeBron has never been in the business of taking pay cuts to help the team (minus the small cut he took to get to Miami).

I’m simply saying that is the only path to the Lakers having a max salary slot in 2021, and they’re clearly preparing accordingly. I’m not speaking to the likelihood of it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

mxgardens wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

The one where he is paid the max?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

No need to be condescending. I fully realize LeBron has never been in the business of taking pay cuts to help the team (minus the small cut he took to get to Miami).

I’m simply saying that is the only path to the Lakers having a max salary slot in 2021, and they’re clearly preparing accordingly. I’m not speaking to the likelihood of it.

I can agree that is the only path short of AD walking. And maybe Lebron would take less. Though I think he expects to be treated like Kobe.
mxgardens
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mxgardens wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

The one where he is paid the max?

The one where he passed up more money to sign with the Lakers.
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

We got Antentekoupnmooooo!!!!!!!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
niko1981 wrote:
Any reason why AD is renting a house in Bel Air? Is he leaving his options open?

AD reportedly renting a mansion in Bel Air for 50k a month

That is weird.

I saw AD say on TV he lived here in LA during the off-season.

Which presupposes he had a home here in LA.

Often times when celebs, rich people are renting it’s because they’re waiting for their dream home, or the renovations on their dream home to be complete. It’s possible something like that is going on here.

Probably a sign of bigger things to come, he did pick up a $7.5million place last year — with this rented place he’s not too far from LeBron’s (@Tigertail). Depending on how things go next summer he’ll probably decide to stay in the area permanently.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784095-tmz-anthony-davis-purchased-75m-mansion-90-minute-drive-from-staples-center?share=other

Quote:
Davis is also under contract for three more seasons, so it will likely be a few years before he could even entertain the possibility of playing basketball in Hollywood.

My favorite part of the article.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

I can agree that is the only path short of AD walking. And maybe Lebron would take less. Though I think he expects to be treated like Kobe.

He’s gone on record saying he wants to play with his son. In his age 36 summer (2021) I could see him taking a cheap 2-year deal to entice another star to join, try to pick up a ring as the third option, then go sign with whichever team drafts his son as his farewell tour.

Of course it’s all speculation at this point. But the Lakers clearly intend on being in a position to have max space in 2021, whether or not it actually materializes.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Lakers 2021 cap space projections ($125M estimate):

Assume THT, ‘20 1st, ‘21 1st kept in all scenarios

With Lebron, Davis & Kuzma: $21M

With Lebron & Davis: $31M

With Davis & Kuzma: $61M

With Davis: $72M

*Lebron $41.3 player option
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No, he could only get paid 130% of his salary with early Bird Rights, he needs 3 years for the 35% max.

It's actually 175%. 130% is the cap hold. Anyway, even 130% of a max contract is going to hit the max, so the difference between Bird and Early Bird in this context is limited to contract length (four years vs. five years).
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

What's to forgive?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

all will be forgiven

What's to forgive?

The championship contending roster this year. It's a horrible thing being a Laker fan. LOL!
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
if cp3 can be had for cheap, do we want him?

Be more specific with numbers because your post is too vague.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersboi1993 wrote:
“I could never see myself being out there,” Antetokounmpo said. “It’s great for two, three days but it’s a little bit — things are going a little bit crazy.

”Of course, because of the All-Star Game, there was a lot of people there. … In Milwaukee — I love Milwaukee — it’s low-key. I can walk down the road, down the streets without anybody bugging me — nobody interrupts my conversation or anything. I love how quiet and calm Milwaukee is.”

Just leave it alone

Players change their minds and say a lot of things.

Quote:
Giannis on eventual free agency: "The front office and the general manager have to do their work too... If I do my part and some others don't, then a change would have to happen... If this change does not happen, then, the Bucks can move forward without me, or I can move on without the Bucks."
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
K2 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
niko1981 wrote:
Any reason why AD is renting a house in Bel Air? Is he leaving his options open?

AD reportedly renting a mansion in Bel Air for 50k a month

That is weird.

I saw AD say on TV he lived here in LA during the off-season.

Which presupposes he had a home here in LA.

Often times when celebs, rich people are renting it’s because they’re waiting for their dream home, or the renovations on their dream home to be complete. It’s possible something like that is going on here.

Probably a sign of bigger things to come, he did pick up a $7.5million place last year — with this rented place he’s not too far from LeBron’s (@Tigertail). Depending on how things go next summer he’ll probably decide to stay in the area permanently.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784095-tmz-anthony-davis-purchased-75m-mansion-90-minute-drive-from-staples-center?share=other

Quote:
Davis is also under contract for three more seasons, so it will likely be a few years before he could even entertain the possibility of playing basketball in Hollywood.

My favorite part of the article.

I don't even like to think about the possibility of AD being a one-year rental, but he did recently say he'd consider going back home to Chicago

Quote:
"I mean, [this is] definitely [my] hometown," Davis told the Chicago Tribune. "If the opportunity ever presents itself and when that time comes, I'd definitely consider it."

"A lot of these kids are from the same neighbourhoods that I'm from. And so to have someone come back that they can relate to, I think that's a huge impact on them," Davis said.

"It's fun to come back to where you're from and help the youth. These kids are amazing. They're fun to hang around and they listen. They want to learn. There's some good talent. ... I'm excited to give my knowledge and experience and spend this time with them."

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-apos-anthony-davis-apos-035021626.html
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject:

Well fortunately the Bulls don't really have a shot at being much over the next 2-3 seasons. So I don't think they're a threat for AD. Not unless they make the playoffs, play hard, and get a 2nd max guy there to pair with him. I don't see them doing that though.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

Sometimes the logic of the LG masses cracks me up.

On one page we have Giannis stating he likes a small town feel and is not as enamored with LA as it residents, but he apparently he is wrong and will going to change his mind because his brother is a a prospect on the Lakers G-League team. The two year media and fan hype begins!

Followed by the continued absolute certainty that Davis will re-sign as a Laker in free agency in spite of his comments that he would like to play in NY or in his hometown CHI.

How many LA natives were described as sure bets in free agency with even less of a thread of reasoning?

Some of you make my morning coffee a delight.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

Houston, we have a problem!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

Tidbit from an ESPN story about the Wizards new GM that made me laugh out loud re: Dwight

Quote:
Leonsis saw the character of his roster start to evolve. Together, Sheppard and Leonsis engaged every day on John Wall's Achilles rehabilitation in Florida, watching tape of his work, talking to the franchise point guard and his trainers constantly. They had Bradley Beal in the draft room, talking through the kind of character changes on the roster that would complement the All-Star guard. They moved Dwight Howard out of the organization. ("The quickest trade I've ever done in my life," Sheppard said.)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3638, 3639, 3640 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3639 of 8560
Jump to: