OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3702, 3703, 3704 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Remember someone telling me Joe was out of the league because he can no longer play. Well he’s back

His play against washed up NBA veterans should perfectly translate against guys 20 years younger.

If only the NBA plays half court games.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Do the math: If Lebron James, Anthony Davis and Kyle Kuzma each play 32 minutes at forward, with a total of 48 minutes at each forward position, how many minutes are left? The answer is none.

The only minutes available at forward would be in the event of an injury (or rest.)

That's the issue. Injuries. If LBJ is down, and say they start Kuz, who is the backup "SF?"

If LBJ goes down, we're screwed, Iggy or no. He's a unicorn. Ditto Davis.

Same if Portland loses Dame, or Milwaukee loses Giannis, or the Clippers lose Kawhi, or the Dubs lose Steph, or the Sixers lose Embiid . . .

Yes, it's good to have depth so that guys can get a breather every now and then, but if "The Man" gets hurt and ain't out there 36-40 minutes in a playoff game or misses a big chunk of games, there's no backup capable of doing what they do, so obsessing over it is pointless.

Yes, we have 8 guards today. The likelihood of us still having 8 on January 15 is remote. Rosters are fluid.

Also have consider if and how many “load management” games that James takes off. Who is the SF or replacement on those nights?

If the Lakers “are screwed if James is injured” then aren’t they just as screwed filling those starter mpg and more importantly his impact as the facilitator on those nights he takes off? Are we talking 5 games? 10? More?

Lakers have to have a plan to fill that void before the season starts. Not seeing a good one at the moment.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Do the math: If Lebron James, Anthony Davis and Kyle Kuzma each play 32 minutes at forward, with a total of 48 minutes at each forward position, how many minutes are left? The answer is none.

The only minutes available at forward would be in the event of an injury (or rest.)

That's the issue. Injuries. If LBJ is down, and say they start Kuz, who is the backup "SF?"

Same if Portland loses Dame, or Milwaukee loses Giannis, or the Clippers lose Kawhi, or the Dubs lose Steph, or the Sixers lose Embiid . . .

Yes, it's good to have depth so that guys can get a breather every now and then, but if "The Man" gets hurt and ain't out there 36-40 minutes in a playoff game or misses a big chunk of games, there's no backup capable of doing what they do, so obsessing over it is pointless.

Yes, we have 8 guards today. The likelihood of us still having 8 on January 15 is remote. Rosters are fluid.

Also have consider if and how many “load management” games that James takes off. Who is the SF or replacement on those nights?

If the Lakers “are screwed if James is injured” then aren’t they just as screwed filling those starter mpg and more importantly his impact as the facilitator on those nights he takes off? Are we talking 5 games? 10? More?

Lakers have to have a plan to fill that void before the season starts. Not seeing a good one at the moment.

Kuzma, Jared Dudley, KCP, and Danny Green can all play the 3. They will have plenty of options on the days that LeBron sits.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony

Hater

I think it may have the best net rating. But probably not the most minutes played.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
epak wrote:
Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony

Carmelo Anthony? I am sure that was joke, right? You can't be serious.

Anthony Davis

I wasn't sure if anth2k was joking or not.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony

Best for who?

For the Lakers.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

Waive cousins and sign melo already, looks like a beast.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Waive cousins and sign melo already, looks like a beast.

AD is most likely playing limited minutes at the 5.
And most of the minutes at the 4.
So that leaves, a few PF minutes and backup SF minutes that Lebron leaves.
Assuming you're not suggesting Melo gets backup 5 minutes, he would be getting backup 3 and 4 minutes. You want Carmelo taking Kuz's minutes?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Kuzma, Jared Dudley, KCP, and Danny Green can all play the 3. They will have plenty of options on the days that LeBron sits.

This. I'm not concerned about the 3 if LeBron misses a game here and there.

As for load management:

Nov. 12 - @PHO
Nov. 13 - GSW

Nov. 22 - @OKC
Nov. 23 - @MEM

Dec. 03 - @DEN
Dec. 04 - @UTA

Dec. 28 - @POR
Dec. 29 - DAL

Jan. 10 - @@DAL
Jan. 11 - @OKC

Jan. 22 - @NYK
Jan. 23 - @BRO

Jan. 31 - POR
Feb. 1 - @SAC

[ *** 8 DAYS OFF, FEB. 13 - 20 ***]

Feb. 29 - @MEM
Mar. 01 - @NO

Mar. 15 - DEN
Mar. 16 - @UTA

Mar. 21 - @CHA
Mar. 22 - @DET

Apr. 04 - @SAC
Apr. 05 - @OKC

Apr. 14 - @SAC
Apr. 15 - PHO

My guess is that the load management plan for Lebron will approximate the bolded.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Yup. We absolutely must load manage LBJ. And your question stands and I think it'll have to be Kuz, which is not ideal.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pio2u wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
epak wrote:
Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony

Anthony Davis

I was...I know that Carmelo gets brought up often.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
epak wrote:
pio2u wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
epak wrote:
Best lineup next year:

Alex
Danny
Lebron
Jared
Anthony

Anthony Davis

I was...I know that Carmelo gets brought up often.

Haha. Then that deserves a "nice one"
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Well according to SI, we have the #3 (LBJ) and #6 (AD) players on the same team.

When's the last time we had two top 10 players? Kobe/Shaq?

I guess you gotta check whether Dwight was in the top 10 on 2012. Or Pau in 2009 and so on.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Well according to SI, we have the #3 (LBJ) and #6 (AD) players on the same team.

I guess you gotta check whether Dwight was in the top 10 on 2012. Or Pau in 2009 and so on.

Can someone post the complete list? Thanks
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

* S.I. Top 100 NBA Players of 2020
Quote:
Who will be the NBA’s best players in the 2019-20 season? Sports Illustrated unveils its sixth annual Top 100 list. And for the first time in the list's history, there's a new No. 1.

https://www.si.com/nba/top-100-nba-players-2020
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Can someone post the complete list? Thanks

https://www.si.com/nba/top-100-nba-players-2020#10-1
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

For those curious about Melo...

Melo Pickup Action
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

If the league doesn't void this "creative" contract then the Rockets just created salary filler to use in an Iggy trade.

[url=[/url]]
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
If the league doesn't void this "creative" contract then the Rockets just created salary filler to use in an Iggy trade.

[url=[/url]]

eh do the Rockets even have picks for a Iggy trade?

and if any team wants to give up a 1st rounder for a half year rental for Iggy then god bless
he's a nice buy out pickup but I wouldnt give up meaningful assets for him. His age has been catching up with him and I have a feeling an extra year on his body is going to be very kind on him.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Save our last roster spot for Bruno once he’s waived. Then go give Johnsthon simmons a chance.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

i don't think Bruno is on the cusp of getting waived..he played well for them to end the season
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
You're right, it isn't arguable. The joys of bringing back KCP for too much money season after season.

Anyway, I think Vogel should experiment with Davis running a simplified high PnR offense a la Giannis to start the season. It may not work, but the team really needs another initiator and AD has the raw talent and HS background to make it worth the shot rather than pinning the team's playoff hopes on Rondo being 25 years old again or Caruso being more than a solid backup on a good team.

Barring point-AD becoming a thing, I think it's down to trying to find a starting PG with the MLE next summer. Maybe CP3 gets bought out...?

KCP was an awful signing... terrible. I like the player he is for a bench role and can play the 1-3 spots but at $8MM is crazy. That number should have been $4M per season.

It's weird, last year we had a team full of playmakers, wings, and non-shooters. These year we have no playmakers, shooters, and are paper thin at wing depth. Where's the balance. IMO why Iggy is such an enormous acquisition... a playmaker, defender, and can hit timely shots all rolled into one.

I'm still mad that we didn't go after RHJ for the minimum. If we had Iggy and RHJ on this roster, I'd feel strongly about our roster but right now we have neither and we have a bunch bunch of 2 guards stuck in PG bodies: Cook, Bradley, Daniels, KCP. Too much reliance of LeBron to set everyone up.

Man it would be nice if CP3 were bought out now but that aint going to happen. Perhaps next summer and he'd be a no brainier singing. Same with Lowry or Dragic. We need someone in that mold.

As of today:

McGee | Dwight | Cousins
AD | Kuzma | Dudley
LeBron
Green | KCP | Daniels | THT
Bradley | Cook | Caruso | Rondo

I truthfully have no idea how we guard the Clippers. Rob gets a C+/B- for this summer.

The off season I wanted was

DLO+J.Lamb with cap space-Would have been doable if we didnt wait on Kawhi (which was the right move, just wish we had better intel, dont think he was ever coming) with the "unlikely incentive" trick

Justin Holiday at the room exception
WCS/Vonleh/Nwaba at vet min

WCS/Vonleh/
AD/Kuzma/Dudley
LeBron/Nwaba/THT
J.Holiday/J.Lamb/Daniels or Korver
DLO/Caruso/Rondo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

The off season I wanted was

DLO+J.Lamb with cap space-Would have been doable if we didnt wait on Kawhi (which was the right move, just wish we had better intel, dont think he was ever coming) with the "unlikely incentive" trick

Justin Holiday at the room exception
WCS/Vonleh/Nwaba at vet min

WCS/Vonleh/
AD/Kuzma/Dudley
LeBron/Nwaba/THT
J.Holiday/J.Lamb/Daniels or Korver
DLO/Caruso/Rondo

I go back n forth on the D'lo idea. On one hand, I think he's the perfect player given his current abilities and skillset but also a great long term fit as'e still 23 and could be a part of this core going forward post-LBJ with AD and Kuzma.

I feel like if I could have done it over, I would have done it one of two ways: D'lo at $27M or Green & Beverly at $28M.

Either way, I would have built the bench very differently and taken flyers on some young guys like RHJ, Stanley Johnson, WCS, etc.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Save our last roster spot for Bruno once he’s waived. Then go give Johnsthon simmons a chance.

I'd prefer to trade any combo of Boogie, Rondo, Kostas, Norvell, Daniels, THT or Caruso for DeAndre Bembry.

I'd include KCP in the list too but we all know that's not going to happen... and also left out the Exhibit-10 guys.

PG: Bradley, Cook
SG: Green, KCP
SF: LBJ, Bembry
PF: AD, Kuzma
CE: McGee, Howard
+ 5 of whoever remains from Caruso/Rondo/Jackson, Daniels/Norvell, THT/Caroline, Dudley, Kostas/Cacok.

Now that is a kickass team.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

I'd prefer to trade any combo of Boogie, Rondo, Kostas, Norvell, Daniels, THT or Caruso for DeAndre Bembry.

I'd include KCP in the list too but we all know that's not going to happen... and also left out the Exhibit-10 guys.

PG: Bradley, Cook
SG: Green, KCP
SF: LBJ, Bembry
PF: AD, Kuzma
CE: McGee, Howard
+ 5 of whoever remains from Caruso/Rondo/Jackson, Daniels/Norvell, THT/Caroline, Dudley, Kostas/Cacok.

Now that is a kickass team.

Atlanta would be expecting youth and probably at least a second round pick as well. They would have no interest in Cousins, Rondo and Daniels because of their ages. Kostas and Norvell are fringe types, so probably not much interest in them either.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3702, 3703, 3704 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3703 of 8560
Jump to: