OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4185, 4186, 4187 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Putting all our hopes in Collison (or Iggy), both guys who haven't played since what 6-8 months ago...that's a lot.

I don't think Iggy is on our radar anymore.

You have to assume that Rob already knows what DC's choice is. I can't imagine him waiting for the trade deadline and then finding out DC isn't coming and oops...

You wound think that, right?

See: Kawhi
See: tampering away 500k on George

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Putting all our hopes in Collison (or Iggy), both guys who haven't played since what 6-8 months ago...that's a lot.

You have to assume that Rob already knows what DC's choice is. I can't imagine him waiting for the trade deadline and then finding out DC isn't coming and oops...

The difference is you can tamper the hell out of DC.

Remember the scrutiny placed on the Lakers (and of course not the Clips) with tampering with Kawhi.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The difference is you can tamper the hell out of DC.

Remember the scrutiny placed on the Lakers (and of course not the Clips) with tampering with Kawhi.

Yeah, I edited Paula in there as well. We had Rob spend 500k on a burner phone and even 3wayed him with Brian Shaw...yet that chick ghosted us in free agency.

I really do hope we learned our lesson in waiting on free agents that also have the cLips on their short list of destinations.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Bogdan is a strange one. Obviously younger, but less of a dynamic scoring threat than someone like Rose, won’t put up a consistent 20 points a night. He does provide the shooting and shot creation we need, however

The thing with Bogdan is that he pushes one of Bradley/Caruso out of the rotation without us getting some form of backup PG. I’d probably look to trade Kuz and Bradley for Bogdan, then cut Daniels and sign Collison and MKG in that instance

But yes, those that are saying improving our team right now is a priority - you’re right. We signed LeBron and traded for AD for a reason, there’s an absolute necessity to make the team as good as possible right now
I think he has the potential to put up consistently put up 20 per night, playing off of Lebron and AD.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Kuzma having a longer shelf life than Rose doesn't change the fact our window is this year and hopefully next. Lebron can drop off at any minute. And short of Giannis miraculously joining this team in 2021, we'll never be as competitive as we are now. So what are you so desperately holding onto Kuzma for? We're that hard up for his (we're hoping) 18 ppg in 2022 when we're a maybe 6-seed team and he's costing us 12-15 mil a year?

100% this.

We can debate what the optimal realistic return for Kuz is (DRose vs RoCo vs maybe Bogdanovic), but there’s no reason to hold onto him in the hope that he becomes a future star. He’s clearly not that guy.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:

But yes, those that are saying improving our team right now is a priority - you’re right. We signed LeBron and traded for AD for a reason, there’s an absolute necessity to make the team as good as possible right now

The good news is that with Klutch running the show, the Lakers will make some moves. Lebron knows as much as anyone that they need more help, and it seems like his Cavs teams made a lot of trade deadline deals.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

The good news is that with Klutch running the show, the Lakers will make some moves. Lebron knows as much as anyone that they need more help, and it seems like his Cavs teams made a lot of trade deadline deals.

any other Clutch guys we can get over here?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

agreed, this isn't your Mr. sitting on his hands Mitch Kupchak days.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

The main two I can think of are Malik Beasley and Dejounte Murray. I wouldn’t actually mind trying somehow to get Beasley, he’s a lights out shooter when given the minutes. I’d give up THT for him
#18 next...
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree. He may be planning the secondary move knowing he has Collison in his pocket. Who are we trading Cook and Daniels or Dudley for?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

i still think DC to Clippers a strong possibility. they drafted him, DC's quiet guy demeanor fits the mold of KL. although Clips may not gain anything significant by signing him, but taking him away from the Lakers is all they care about at this point.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

The main two I can think of are Malik Beasley and Dejounte Murray. I wouldn’t actually mind trying somehow to get Beasley, he’s a lights out shooter when given the minutes. I’d give up THT for him
Darius Garland. I know he is young, but could handle, shoot and pass. Still may not be win now enough though. Cleveland might want Kuzma, who could replace Love when he is traded.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

And there is a very real chance that we have no shot at either. I think that the wing market consists of Evan Turner types.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I definitely wouldn’t assume that
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Darius Garland. I know he is young, but could handle, shoot and pass. Still may not be win now enough though. Cleveland might want Kuzma, who could replace Love when he is traded.

he's looking like their franchise PG... Kuz can't get him
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Plus Garland isn’t close to being a win now player. I wouldn’t call Beasley or Murray win now players either.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=rl3tss6

This was a trade I wanted earlier in the season when KCP was still ass and Collison wasn't an option yet. Derrick White hasn't been starting for them and hasn't been getting a lot of minutes because of Murray and Gay hasn't been amazing for them this year compared to previous seasons and they're still out of the playoff picture and might want to get young players.

Both would fill in the holes in our roster though but yeah, very small chance this happens even if Pop genuinely liked Kuz during USA camp.

If all else fails(derrick rose, RoCo etc), I'd want to try this other trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wugdnn5

It probably is just a lateral move but I feel like Washington fits the role we want Kuz to play a lot better. He's a better defender and a better 3pt shooter and we get a younger prospect. Not sure MJ would be willing to let Washington go but Kuz would probably draw a few more seats during games and still has potential to be a borderline all-star and probably even an all-star in the east on a middling team like the hornets.

Then waive the trade filler and sign Collison or Jeff Green.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Plus Garland isn’t close to being a win now player. I wouldn’t call Beasley or Murray win now players either.
Cleveland seems like a good spot for Kuz though. Maybe they send out Garland or Sexton in a three way that gets us a good win now player. Minnesota has an opening at point guard.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

At this point I wouldn't mind Zach Lavine for Green/Kuzma. Lavine would be our 3rd star going forward and would give LeBron a lot of rest. Think Bulls would give us Lavine ?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
At this point I wouldn't mind Zach Lavine for Green/Kuzma. Lavine would be our 3rd star going forward and would give LeBron a lot of rest. Think Bulls would give us Lavine ?

There is no way we getting lavine for kuzma/green
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

He's making a big all-star game push so i doubt it.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Someone just posted the Lakers could trade Kuzma/Green/THT/Pick for Lavine think the bulls would bite if we add THT?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Someone just posted the Lakers could trade Kuzma/Green/THT/Pick for Lavine think the bulls would bite if we add THT?

Would be a no-brainer for the Lakers. Can't see the Bulls doing that.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Cleveland seems like a good spot for Kuz though. Maybe they send out Garland or Sexton in a three way that gets us a good win now player. Minnesota has an opening at point guard.

I still think one of the most realistic trades out there is Dinwiddie for RoCo. Makes so much sense for both sides. Think of RoCo with the KD/Kyrie Nets next season. Wolves need a point guard badly.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

Have to think they can do better than that if they let it be known he's available.

Also does the "someone" who just posted that know we don't have a 1st rounder? What's "pick"?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4185, 4186, 4187 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4186 of 8560
Jump to: