OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4593, 4594, 4595 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

Say we had a choice between these 3 guys for DG, Kuzma, 1st, and salary filler if needed (cook, THT), who would you rather have?

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

I think all are likely not going to happen and Jrue is the furthest one.

I would go with Jrue b/c of defensive versatility

My issue with Lavine or Hield is that they are both negative defenders and now we have given up all our assets and most of our tradable salary to also get a 3 and d wing

Say we were to get Hield, we now have like no wing or guard defenders to throw at people besides KCP (too small for larger guys) and Lebron and AD (they need a guy to do the dirty work on defense)

What 3 and d guys are even possibly available? Oubre?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
Say we had a choice between these 3 guys for DG, Kuzma, 1st, and salary filler if needed (cook, THT), who would you rather have?

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

My issue with Lavine or Hield is that they are both negative defenders and now we have given up all our assets and most of our tradable salary to also get a 3 and d wing

Say we were to get Hield, we now have like no wing or guard defenders to throw at people besides KCP (too small for larger guys) and Lebron and AD (they need a guy to do the dirty work on defense)

Hield, because he is the best shooter of the three. He would be the ideal compliment to James and Davis imo.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

Hield, because he is the best shooter of the three. He would be the ideal compliment to James and Davis imo.
LaVine would be good too. I like Jrue's D, but how many mediocre three point shooters do you want on the roster? He's kind of a rich mans Avery Bradley.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

If I am giving up DG, Kuzma, 1st, THT, and possible salary (Cook, Avery, Mcgee), I also want to be able to have some kind of replacement for DG as a wing defender (this is the tough part).
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
scoobs wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

If I am giving up DG, Kuzma, 1st, THT, and possible salary (Cook, Avery, Mcgee), I also want to be able to have some kind of replacement for DG as a wing defender (this is the tough part).
I like DG in that spot, but if we need to upgrade, there are just not that many players that fit that criteria (excelent three pount shooting wing), let alone such a player that is available. We have a bit of a positional problem going on. At this point in his career, Lebron and the Lakers are better served if he moves over to the 4. Problem is, we have AD locked in at that position. This could be alleviated if AD is on board with moving to the 5, which he hasn't been willing to do. If Lebron were to move to the 4, we have a pure shooter and one of the wing positions and a defensive player at the other. If we are forced to go with a DG or KCP at the 2 for defensive purposes, then the next best thing would be to aquire a knock down third scoring option three point shooter at the 1 or 5, which are still kind of rare and not really available.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
nzahir wrote:
scoobs wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

I like DG in that spot, but if we need to upgrade, there are just not that many players that fit that criteria (excelent three pount shooting wing), let alone such a player that is available. We have a bit of a positional problem going on. At this point in his career, Lebron and the Lakers are better served if he moves over to the 4. Problem is, we have AD locked in at that position. This could be alleviated if AD is on board with moving to the 5, which he hasn't been willing to do. If Lebron were to move to the 4, we have a pure shooter and one of the wing positions and a defensive player at the other. If we are forced to go with a DG or KCP at the 2 for defensive purposes, then the next best thing would be to aquire a knock down third scoring option three point shooter at the 1 or 5, which are still kind of rare and not really available.

Marc Gasol for the Mle

Good 3 point shooting big

Very good, smart defender

Good passer

Can still post up a bit

Much rather have Marc than Boogie
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

Out of the 3 you mentioned, Buddy is the guy we likely get because Luke coached Kuzma and Luke can give him the proper role for him to reach his potential.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

Out of the 3 you mentioned, Buddy is the guy we likely get because Luke coached Kuzma and Luke can give him the proper role for him to reach his potential.

Or maybe Luke doesn’t want anything to do with Kuzma
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

Or maybe Luke doesn’t want anything to do with Kuzma

I would choose Jrue in a heart beat...but very unlikely.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

I don't think Kuzma has that much value as the central piece in a trade. But, sure, I'd tale Jrue if they'd make that deal.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

Jrue Holiday is a intriguing option but consider the fact the AD trade and how much we had to give up to get him, it’s very unlikely we can trade for Jrue.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

The cap could be going down and teams could be looking to unload salary. If something like that doesn't happen, then I honestly don't expect to get much for Kuzma. Maybe look to get a lesser player with potential? Kuzma could be a good fit in Cleveland, where they could be looking to trade Love in the near future. They currently have two young PGs on their roster. I would look in to putting a package together for clutch client Darius Garland. A more easily attainable player might be Anfernee Simmons from Portland. Carmelo Anthony is not the long term answer for them at the 4 and Simmons is Lillard's back up. The Lakers were rumored to have interest in both Garland and Simmons prior to the 2019 NBA draft.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

Another option could be trying to get a draft pick or good young player from Detroit, like Siko or that Kennard kid. Blake Griffin could be on his way out of Detroit, but even if they keep him i'm sure they could find a spot for the home town kid.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

Other options could be Kuzma to Phpenix for Mikal Bridges or Kuzma to Washington for Mo Wagner, who is actually a perfect fit with AD imo
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

deleted

Last edited by scoobs on Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

deleted
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jrue Holiday is a intriguing option but consider the fact the AD trade and how much we had to give up to get him, it’s very unlikely we can trade for Jrue.

But we can come up with $26.4 mil to get Heild? There is no way I would want to pay him $20+ mil for 4 years.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

But we can come up with $26.4 mil to get Heild? There is no way I would want to pay him $20+ mil for 4 years.

You can make salaries match if you include Green.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not easily.

Green makes $14 million and Kuz $2 million. So you still need another $8 million or so to match Holiday or Buddy.

That would be Caldwell-Pope or Bradley and McGee.

I think the other teams could do better than Kuz and a bunch of guys they really don't need/want.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

why trade assets for a guy that has 1 year left and will demand close to max in upcoming year?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

why trade assets for a guy that has 1 year left and will demand close to max in upcoming year?

Just responding to the poster who said who you rather have between LaVine/Hield and Jrue.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Once basketball starts in July we won’t have to talk about trades for a few months so there is that.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not easily.

Green makes $14 million and Kuz $2 million. So you still need another $8 million or so to match Holiday or Buddy.

That would be Caldwell-Pope or Bradley and McGee.

I think the other teams could do better than Kuz and a bunch of guys they really don't need/want.

For 24.4M salary we need to send out 19.52M (Can receive up to 1.25 times of what we send out if you didn't know)

Green-15.3
Kuz-3.5
Our 1st rounder-1.6

That covers salary

If we are moving DG, we need his replacement at the 2/3. Some type of versatile wing who can play defense.

Can even include Avery, Mcgee, Cook, and Rondo for salary

I think Kuzma, Green, and 1st is worth Buddy + a bit more, need a 3 teamer
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He has already signed, he is owed $26.4 mil next season then it decreases to $20 mil in year 4. So we would be paying him close to $90 mil for 4 years. Not a defender, not a rebounder and doesn’t create for others. And he is 27.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He has already signed, he is owed $26.4 mil next season then it decreases to $20 mil in year 4. So we would be paying him close to $90 mil for 4 years. Not a defender, not a rebounder and doesn’t create for others. And he is 27.

i was talking about Jrue Holiday
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4593, 4594, 4595 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4594 of 8560
Jump to: