OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5980, 5981, 5982 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I’d like to see TJ McConnell do what Dennis is doing today.

Not sure why you need to make snide remarks like this. Have seen this too often from you. Where was this comment after the Boston game where he posted a -19.

You mean when we basically had most of the team out with injuries?

Does it matter? You pick and choose to comment or not comment dependent on how DS performs per game and then want to rub it in when it fits your narrative. At least you are pretty consistent in this regard.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not sure why you need to make snide remarks like this. Have seen this too often from you. Where was this comment after the Boston game where he posted a -19.

Does it matter? You pick and choose to comment or not comment dependent on how DS performs per game and then want to rub it in when it fits your narrative. At least you are pretty consistent in this regard.

Nope. I’m in the Dennis thread. You always come in and find me there with your takes. I don’t say anything. Not sure why are so sensitive. Enjoy your night. Sentient took the tongue in cheek jab fine. Not sure why you are bothered by it. It’s a message board.

Last edited by yinoma2001 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
You asked so here it is.

T.J McConnell

4/7/2021 9/12, 1/1, 15 ast, 4 tov, 19 pts, +12

It only took DS 24 shots to make 11 baskets and score 25 points.

The fact you can pinpoint one game says it all. Let’s see some more examples.

Look it up yourself. I answered your question and now you want to move the goal posts. Typical. Should I point out all the stinkers DS has put up? There are many. Well you can look that up yourself also.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nope. I’m in the Dennis thread. You always come in and find me there with your games. I don’t say anything. Not sure why are so sensitive. Enjoy your night.

Just calling a spade a spade and you are the spade of spades.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nope. I’m in the Dennis thread. You always come in and find me there with your games. I don’t say anything. Not sure why are so sensitive. Enjoy your night.

Just calling a spade a spade and you are the spade of spades.

Lol ok. What a waste of time this was.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Plantedtanks, did you even watch the game today? Just clinging to stats without context if you didn’t watch the game. He was probably one of the biggest reasons we won today especially late in the 4th and OT.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Plantedtanks, did you even watch the game today? Just clinging to stats without context if you didn’t watch the game. He was probably one of the biggest reasons we won today especially late in the 4th and OT.

DS. 25 points on 11-24 shooting, 1-6 3 pointers. Inefficient shooting but he was a +10. I will give him that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

DS. 25 points on 11-24 shooting, 1-6 3 pointers. Inefficient shooting but he was a +10. I will give him that.

Sure. But did you watch the game? He took over in the 4th/OT. With LBJ/AD out he’ (and sometimes THT) are the only ones who can get his own shot. He’s also shooting 39% or the last 25 games from 3. Bad three game today? Yup. But he made up for it elsewhere.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sure. But did you watch the game? He took over in the 4th/OT. With LBJ/AD out he’ (and sometimes THT) are the only ones who can get his own shot. He’s also shooting 39% or the last 25 games from 3. Bad three game today? Yup. But he made up for it elsewhere.

I know you like DS. But just not the $23-25 mil that he will be damanding in the off season. That is overpay. IMHO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I know you like DS. But just not the $23-25 mil that he will be damanding in the off season. That is overpay. IMHO.

That’s not looking at the big picture. And we have no idea if that’s what he is asking for. Could be his 84m was not fully guaranteed. Or team options. We don’t know. All I know is he helps this team right now and the Lakers front office seems to disagree with what a lot of people “value” his worth.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That’s not looking at the big picture. And we have no idea if that’s what he is asking for. Could be his 84m was not fully guaranteed. Or team options. We don’t know. All I know is he helps this team right now and the Lakers front office seems to disagree with what a lot of people “value” his worth.

I know that. But can you really confirm that the Lakers really offered him the $84 mil. It could be all smokescreen if you know what I mean. Why would the Lakers leak the offer?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I know that. But can you really confirm that the Lakers really offered him the $84 mil. It could be all smokescreen if you know what I mean. Why would the Lakers leak the offer?

That is what Windhorst said. And I've seen nothing to discount it. He did say that he wasn't sure if that amount was with full guarantees for years, so that may be the sticking point.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Isn’t it obvious? It was DS’s agent who leaked it. It raises the market value of his client.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Moritz Wagner anyone?

Celtics waiving him to make room for Jabari Parker...

He would not be eligible for the playoffs.

Another D-bag Ainge move.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Steph is just ridiculous.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Schroder's problem is a lack of consistency. You know that. On the offensive end, he has good games and bad games. Some nights he shoots well, other nights he is a brick factory. Some nights he plays defense, some nights he is a matador. Overall, his stat line either flatters him or underrates him, depending on what you think of him. He has never been consistent, and probably never will be. He's a below average starting point guard, but not a bad player by any means.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Schroder's problem is a lack of consistency. You know that. On the offensive end, he has good games and bad games. Some nights he shoots well, other nights he is a brick factory. Some nights he plays defense, some nights he is a matador. Overall, his stat line either flatters him or underrates him, depending on what you think of him. He has never been consistent, and probably never will be. He's a below average starting point guard, but not a bad player by any means.

But think about it. His role is inconsistent too (but I agree he is as well).

Came in as the clear 3rd option behind AD/LBJ. Little practice, guys from last season clearly cruising due to a short turnaround. He's asked to sit and wait for a pass from LBJ and really seemed like he was unsure what to do.

Then it's the other swing of the pendulum. AD is out. Then LBJ is out. Now he has to be the focal point of creation?

I'm hoping when LBJ/AD come back, they can blend a bit of the roles. It's going to take some time again to do that too.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yep - inefficient offense for sure, but he stepped up when game was on the line. Had a GREAT defensive stop in 4th on...I think Clarkson? Was being posted up and held extremely well. Caused a miss. Then came down and hit that nice little mid-range jumper.

By no means will I toot DS as some great PG, but I cant deny he can and often does make a positive difference.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject:

Didnt catch the celtics game, any of you guys saw how jabari parker played? Solid playing time at 16mins. Is he washed?
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Randle is great, but why are people pining for him? If he wasn’t let go, he would have been traded along with everyone else for AD. He also might not have developed the same if he stayed. He’s basically the Lebron for the Knicks with how much he handles the ball, no way he gets the same opportunities here with actual Lebron on the court. Awesome for Randle that he’s become a great player, but we got a championship so everyone wins.

Others may be pining for him, I'm not. For me he is the textbook case of how NOT to (MIS)manage your own drafted NBA lottery asset. Thank god we now have a competent FO that understands how huge an advantage one's own assets are (e.g. THT), how important it is to *publicly* cultivate them, market them, promote them, build their value - irrespective of whether they end up being retained or traded. Especially a lottery asset.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yep - inefficient offense for sure, but he stepped up when game was on the line. Had a GREAT defensive stop in 4th on...I think Clarkson? Was being posted up and held extremely well. Caused a miss. Then came down and hit that nice little mid-range jumper.

By no means will I toot DS as some great PG, but I cant deny he can and often does make a positive difference.

To be a great PG in this league basically means you’re going to go to the HOF.

Great PG’s - Westbrook, Rondo, CP3, Harden, Simmons (that’s where he starts), Lillard are all headed there.

You can be a very good PG - like DS - and still make plenty of positive impact. In the vast majority of games that’s exactly what he does.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Steph is just ridiculous.

Would you trade AD for him?
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

We should have kept Randle to at least use him in a trade. It was stupid to let him go for nothing while signing guys like Lance Stephenson or Beasley
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
We should have kept Randle to at least use him in a trade. It was stupid to let him go for nothing while signing guys like Lance Stephenson or Beasley

They let him walk to have two max slots? So they can go after Kawhi?
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

They let him walk to have two max slots? So they can go after Kawhi?

Kawhi's possible signing was the following year. We could have used Randle in a trade for picks or give him to the Pellicans instead of picks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5980, 5981, 5982 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5981 of 8560
Jump to: