OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5981, 5982, 5983 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

Butler out for the Net-Miami game today? Wow this season is lame
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1383871717387292677?s=21

Looks like the Nets realized this game could get chippy and decided to bubble wrap KD again.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Maybe KD will just keep getting injured from now on.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Looks like the Nets realized this game could get chippy and decided to bubble wrap KD again.

Knee to knee?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Knee to knee?

Knee to thigh, nasty bruise
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Knee to knee?

I remember Shaq had to have a hematoma drained from his thigh bruise during finals or playoff with the heat, prob caused him a chip
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
We should have kept Randle to at least use him in a trade. It was stupid to let him go for nothing while signing guys like Lance Stephenson or Beasley

We did not use our assets wisely in those days. But that's water under the bridge, there's no use crying about spilled milk, we're beating a dead horse, and probably a number of other cliches. We wound up winning one title and we might win more. If we had made different decisions back then, who knows what would have happened?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

We made so many terrible decisions but we made up for it with getting Lebron for free. Getting the best player in the game for free pretty much made up for all of our stupidity and then some.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kazeem/status/1383893107628863488?s=21

Zion to the Knicks once he’s FA
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Maybe KD will just keep getting injured from now on.

I think this will be the case and I hope it is not. After you have an injury like that you can no longer be the same person. Your body starts to compensate with the wrong parts and more injuries come up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Knee to knee?

They'll call it a contusion so it sound scarier.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Seeing our young talent scattered all over the league, and being good, I always wonder what they could have been on this team if fans weren't so spoiled and had patience... Trust the process. I rock with the team now and can't wait to see what AD, AD2, and LBJ do together, I just be thinking.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Seeing our young talent scattered all over the league, and being good, I always wonder what they could have been on this team if fans weren't so spoiled and had patience... Trust the process. I rock with the team now and can't wait to see what AD, AD2, and LBJ do together, I just be thinking.

Fans weren't so spoiled?

We'd be, at best, the mid-1990s Lakers. Fun. But no rings.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Fans weren't so spoiled?

THIS!

Would I rather be impatient and have a championship or patient and underachieve?

Would I rather have AD and Bron and a team everyone wants to play for or have Luke Walton pretending that joy comes before wins and not knowing how to develop talent?

Would I rather live in a fantasy land of what it or celebrate what is?

Would I rather expect greatness or accept mediocrity?

I'm not spoiled...I'm blessed. ELEVEN championship runs in my lifetime. Each one of them I get to celebrate with my father, my friends, and Laker Fans all around the world. Memories I'll always cherish and possible because the care takers of this inspired organization believe the fans deserve more than entertainment...because Dr Buss and Jeannie believe we deserve the happiness of championships.

We're all blessed and by and large we're happy for the babies that have grown up.

But dont call people who crave winning spoiled. Magic, Cap, Shaq, Kobe, Bron, AD aren't spoiled...they're just winners, something that none of the blossoming former babies can yet claim.

One Love.

#BannersOverBillboards
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Dort

Just a couple weeks back there were unfounded rumors OKC would waive him, imagine him instead of Ben Mac as a buyout at the wing position.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Fans weren't so spoiled?

THIS!

Would I rather be impatient and have a championship or patient and underachieve?

Would I rather have AD and Bron and a team everyone wants to play for or have Luke Walton pretending that joy comes before wins and not knowing how to develop talent?

Would I rather live in a fantasy land of what it or celebrate what is?

Would I rather expect greatness or accept mediocrity?

I'm not spoiled...I'm blessed. ELEVEN championship runs in my lifetime. Each one of them I get to celebrate with my father, my friends, and Laker Fans all around the world. Memories I'll always cherish and possible because the care takers of this inspired organization believe the fans deserve more than entertainment...because Dr Buss and Jeannie believe we deserve the happiness of championships.

We're all blessed and by and large we're happy for the babies that have grown up.

But dont call people who crave winning spoiled. Magic, Cap, Shaq, Kobe, Bron, AD aren't spoiled...they're just winners, something that none of the blossoming former babies can yet claim.

One Love.

Like it or not, Lakers measure success by championships. There are plenty of teams whose fanbases are content with a mid 1990s NVE/Eddie Jones/Cedric team but the Lakers, that's not it (and I loved NVE/Eddie).
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

The fans? I don't think it was the fans fault. Try the dumb ass coaches we had during that time........Byron Scott (I believe) and Luke Walton (for sure)?

Wasn't Walton always bleeping with the players, especially Randle?
MDI
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

The fans? I don't think it was the fans fault. Try the dumb ass coaches we had during that time........Byron Scott (I believe) and Luke Walton (for sure)?

Wasn't Walton always bleeping with the players, especially Randle?

If the young guys need time to develop the Lakers won't have won a ring last year.

Thats the price we paid
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Doncic vs Fox had me thinking... Down the line, Doncic may be more difficult to poach because of Cuban, and the fact that Dallas is more palatable than Sacramento. But depending on our cap situation, Fox would probably leave cow town for LA.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Fans weren't so spoiled?

BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

The mid 90 Lakers?

Ingram, Randle and DLO have already exceeded the peak seasons of Ceballos, Eddie, or NVE.

The plan was always to combine the kids with two elite agents until LBJ and Klutch came to town.

They won one championship... have a shot at another...but I'd say they were lucky last year and would be lucky this year to repeat. Because we were fortunate... people are acting like this was a genius plan.

We are one Achilles tendon away from another Dark Ages period for the purple and gold. The sheer volume of lost assets and draft picks cannot be compared.

I don't sit there and point out when Julius and BI score 34 points on the same night... these events have become routine... and it annoys people here to bring them up.

You can say you are glad we went all in to get 17 and a legit shot at 18... but it was probably less than 20% chance of winning last season... and probably a little less this season. If we didn't win either year... it would be a mistake for the ages.

I'm glad we won 17... but it was at a really high price with no guarantees of success. The Dodgers you expect to win... What we did last year was because of the sheer will of LBJ with some help from AD and fluke hall of fame signings at minimum wages. It wasn't a great plan as we didn't land Kawhi. But sure, continue to downplay the growth of all our youth if it helps some of you sleep better at night. Even if we win this year... it was because Drummond fell into our lap. This isn't great management... it's a lot of luck.

To use the mid-90s Lakers analogy... we'd have to have NVE, Eddie, Cedric, Elden... with two max slots to add whoever we wanted.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
We made so many terrible decisions but we made up for it with getting Lebron for free. Getting the best player in the game for free pretty much made up for all of our stupidity and then some.

I'm not sure I agree with this summary. During the reign of Maginka, they were very clear their goal was to attract two top tier free agents. That goal was accomplished.

I think absolutely good criticism can be leveled at the Mozgoff/Dieng signings prior to Maginka. I also agree that whatever issue Magic had with Randle did not make much sense to me. I always liked Randle and thought they could figure some way to make it work or use him as an asset better.

As for players like DeAngelo, and the kid crew they traded for AD, I think there are sufficient discussions for both positions that neither really trumps the other. Would have been nice, however, to use DeAngelo for something other than a huge (Moz) salary shed...he was the bystander who got smacked from the prior admin's mistakes.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Doncic vs Fox had me thinking... Down the line, Doncic may be more difficult to poach because of Cuban, and the fact that Dallas is more palatable than Sacramento. But depending on our cap situation, Fox would probably leave cow town for LA.

Would like to throw zach lavine’s name in the conversation. Will be ufa sooner and is a better shooter than fox hence, imo a better fit with AD and an aging lebron. Needs to improve his playmaking, and effort in defense but he’s got the tools for both and we have the environment to properly guide him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
The mid 90 Lakers?

Ingram, Randle and DLO have already exceeded the peak seasons of Ceballos, Eddie, or NVE.

The plan was always to combine the kids with two elite agents until LBJ and Klutch came to town.

They won one championship... have a shot at another...but I'd say they were lucky last year and would be lucky this year to repeat. Because we were fortunate... people are acting like this was a genius plan.

We are one Achilles tendon away from another Dark Ages period for the purple and gold. The sheer volume of lost assets and draft picks cannot be compared.

I don't sit there and point out when Julius and BI score 34 points on the same night... these events have become routine... and it annoys people here to bring them up.

You can say you are glad we went all in to get 17 and a legit shot at 18... but it was probably less than 20% chance of winning last season... and probably a little less this season. If we didn't win either year... it would be a mistake for the ages.

I'm glad we won 17... but it was at a really high price with no guarantees of success. The Dodgers you expect to win... What we did last year was because of the sheer will of LBJ with some help from AD and fluke hall of fame signings at minimum wages. It wasn't a great plan as we didn't land Kawhi. But sure, continue to downplay the growth of all our youth if it helps some of you sleep better at night. Even if we win this year... it was because Drummond fell into our lap. This isn't great management... it's a lot of luck.

To use the mid-90s Lakers analogy... we'd have to have NVE, Eddie, Cedric, Elden... with two max slots to add whoever we wanted.

Not really. Look at how much the kids ended up getting. Can’t keep them all.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Would like to throw zach lavine’s name in the conversation. Will be ufa sooner and is a better shooter than fox hence, imo a better fit with AD and an aging lebron. Needs to improve his playmaking, and effort in defense but he’s got the tools for both and we have the environment to properly guide him.

I could see Lavine playing the "trade me to X team because I'm not re-signing with you" card next season.

Fox is a bit different since he signed that 4 year extension which starts next season.

Both players would be ideal fits on the court though if we could pull either off.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5981, 5982, 5983 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5982 of 8560
Jump to: