OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 895, 896, 897 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Wait, so we’re eyeing Deandre Jordan? I know Lebron really wanted him last season in CLE. I doubt the Knick would let him go. I’m guessing they’d like to keep him since he’s one of Durant’s best friends. But if we get Jordan and he’s willing to play a shred of defense this season, we might be in business.

still do not get how this helps with Durant....unless they plan on paying him and bringing him back...which they will not be able to do if they are chasing 2 max guys
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Wait, so we’re eyeing Deandre Jordan? I know Lebron really wanted him last season in CLE. I doubt the Knick would let him go. I’m guessing they’d like to keep him since he’s one of Durant’s best friends. But if we get Jordan and he’s willing to play a shred of defense this season, we might be in business.

I don't get that KD angle. It's probably unlikely they keep DJ if they sign KD/Irving. Doesn't DJ want to play in some meaningful games or he's just ok collecting checks and enjoying the NYC nightlife?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

Would love if dedmon or r Lopez gets a buyout

Anybody knows what's the deadline for buyout 4 playoff eligibility?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

March 1 -- Playoff Eligibility Waiver Deadline
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

64. What happens when a player is released? What are waivers? What is the Stretch provision?

Quote:

If a team requests waivers on a player after March 1, the player is ineligible to be included in the playoff roster of any team that subsequently signs or acquires him.

Is there some reason that you aren't trying?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

I'd sign him even if he came available after the deadline.

It's not like anyone else there is going to change much... and maybe it gives us the inside track on signing him next season if other options don't pan out.

Plus he can help solidify the playoff run.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:

???
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

64. What happens when a player is released? What are waivers? What is the Stretch provision?

Quote:

If a team requests waivers on a player after March 1, the player is ineligible to be included in the playoff roster of any team that subsequently signs or acquires him.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

It's not like anyone else there is going to change much... and maybe it gives us the inside track on signing him next season if other options don't pan out.

Man Dedmon was the guy I wanted over the summer once we got LBJ and whiffed on the 2nd max and Brook wasn't picked up. Dedmon picked up his player option and didn't test FA.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Man Dedmon was the guy I wanted over the summer once we got LBJ and whiffed on the 2nd max and Brook wasn't picked up. Dedmon picked up his player option and didn't test FA.

Yeah, Dedmon would have been good too. We need that interior physical presence to make any type of serious run. Maybe NY wants to make sure we fail so their target agents don't get tempted to come here. At any rate... he would fill a big hole... and be better for us than Kanter who still did well in Portland.

I'd sign him before or after the deadline. Melo might get hot one night... but he can't fill that role inside.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

???

The CBA FAQ has been around a while.

8/30/1999 Initial release.

I am not expecting everyone here to dive into Capulator, spreadsheets, CBA, NBA Constitution & Bylaws, etc because those things can get into accounting & lawyer types of things which some find to be dull.

Doing relatively simple things such as going to the index at the bottom of the CBA FAQ and finding the answer to the question that you asked isn't really a lawyer or accounting type of action.

1. CBA FAQ

2. Index

3. Buyout (player contract) 60, 64, 65, 66, 67, 79

I looked at #66 first and didn't find it. Scrolled up to #64 and there was the mention of March 1.

A very straightforward process from my POV and one you apparently didn't even try to do.

* No spreadsheets involved

* No capulator involved

* No need to download the CBA or the NBA Constitution & Bylaws and read through pages and pages of lawyer speak
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

???

I am not expecting everyone here to dive into Capulator, spreadsheets, CBA, NBA Constitution & Bylaws, etc because those things can get into accounting & lawyer types of things which some find to be dull.

Doing relatively simple things such as going to the index at the bottom of the CBA FAQ and finding the answer to the question that you asked isn't really a lawyer or accounting type of action.

1. CBA FAQ

2. Index

I looked at #66 first and didn't find it. Scrolled up to #64 and there was the mention of March 1.

A very straightforward process from my POV and one you apparently didn't even try to do.

* No capulator involved

* No need to download the CBA or the NBA Constitution & Bylaws and read through pages and pages of lawyer speak

yeah cause i dont have time. whats the problem here? if you dont want to respond move on.

i appreciate all the details u provide but lets not get anal on what people can ask and cannot
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

???

1. CBA FAQ

2. Index

* No capulator involved

yeah cause i dont have time. whats the problem here? if you dont want to respond move ahead.

i appreciate all the details u provide but lets not get anal on what people can ask and cannot

Don't have the time?

It took just a few moments for me to get the link and quote to answer your question and you have spent a few moments going back and forth with me about why you aren't trying.

You have enough time to read and post on a sports BBS (LG). I will remember this conversation the next time that you mention reading something sports related on the internet or elsewhere, watching a game etc.

You have the time, just lack the motivation to try.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yeah, Dedmon would have been good too. We need that interior physical presence to make any type of serious run. Maybe NY wants to make sure we fail so their target agents don't get tempted to come here. At any rate... he would fill a big hole... and be better for us than Kanter who still did well in Portland.

I'd sign him before or after the deadline. Melo might get hot one night... but he can't fill that role inside.

I've prized Dedmon for a long time now.
He fills multiple needs for us as a low cost.
He is a solid interior defender/rim protector (gives us what Chandler was giving us for s time, but Chandler just looks physically done now).
He is also a very solid shooter for a big, 39% from 3.
But Dedmon and McGee would be a solid platoon at C with small ball possible to close games.
I'm with Yinoma on not paying too much for a Center, unless it's a star like AD, and McGee/Dedmon would be very solid and cost effective.
LA guy too.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04

Last edited by Robster8989 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

???

1. CBA FAQ

2. Index

* No capulator involved

yeah cause i dont have time. whats the problem here? if you dont want to respond move ahead.

Don't have the time?

It took just a few moments for me to get the link and quote to answer your question and you have spent a few moments going back and forth with me about why you aren't trying.

You have enough time to read and post on a sports BBS (LG). I will remember this conversation the next time that you mention reading something sports related on the internet or elsewhere, watching a game etc.

dude chill out and move on. whats ur problem? having a hard day in personal life?

yeah i lack motivation to look for the information, u have a problem? even if u do i dont care.

dont make a mountain of a simple question
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

He is a solid interior defender/rim protector (gives us what Chandler was giving us for s time, but Chandler just looks physically done now).
Wish his FT % was higher.
But Dedmon and McGee would be a solid platoon at C with small ball possible to close games.
I'm with Yinoma on not paying too much for a Center, unless it's a star like AD, and McGee/Dedmon would be very solid and cost effective.
LA guy too.

By LA, you mean Lancaster?

Remember, PG13 is Palmdale. Oh I'm still bitter about that...
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Wish his FT % was higher.
LA guy too.

By LA, you mean Lancaster?

Remember, PG13 is Palmdale. Oh I'm still bitter about that...

Haha!
OKC probably looked like paradise to PG compared to Palmdale, that may have been our problem!

West Point '88
UCLA '92
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

As much as Boogie/Vucevic may be good offensive options, I don't see either being able to close games due to defensive limitations. Not a good use of a long term max slot. If we want to punt and they are amenable to a 1 year max, fine. But I'm not a fan of allocating a full max slot to a center that isn't AD or Embiid.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Don't have the time?

dude chill out and move on. whats ur problem? having a hard day in personal life?

yeah i lack motivation to look for the information, u have a problem?
even if u do i dont care.

You should have admitted upfront about the motivation issue rather than blowing smoke about lack of time.

Do I have a problem with it?
No, I am used to some people here being stuck in a rut and I have learned to adjust my expectations for them accordingly.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Don't have the time?

You should have admitted upfront about the motivation issue rather than blowing smoke about lack of time.

No, I am used to some people here being stuck in a rut and I have learned to adjust my expectations for them accordingly.

jesus let it go. move on and enjoy ur friday instead of harping on people's semantics

seriously
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

This stretch to the end is really going to determine how well things go down the line....if we blow up and make the playoffs, hopefully have a decent showing in round 1 we will be right there for the best FA.

If the team completely crumbles and looks like a train wreck I think it's going to be a challenging summer.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
As much as Boogie/Vucevic may be good offensive options, I don't see either being able to close games due to defensive limitations. Not a good use of a long term max slot. If we want to punt and they are amenable to a 1 year max, fine. But I'm not a fan of allocating a full max slot to a center that isn't AD or Embiid.

Yeah I agree.
Nothing against Boogie or Vuc, but in today's NBA I wouldn't allocate those resources (max slot) to a Center, unless it's a bonfide star like Embiid/AD.
The perimeter is where to allocate.
The Butler question is an interesting one.
I like JB a lot player wise, even lobbied for him earlier, but also understand the argument against (age, miles, attitude, effect on Ingram etc)
What I saw from Ingram last night, DAMN!, kid looked good.
I'd almost be content if we do strike out with the max guys (KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, Klay, and I think we likely will strike out) to wait for AD if that is possible., keep the kids, enhance the team with good compliments next year (like Dedmon), and figure out a way to sign AD but keep the kiddos.
Liking what I'm seeing from Bullock too.
With Lonzo back, he will really enhance our bench.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Don't have the time?

jesus let it go. move on and enjoy ur friday instead of harping on people's semantics

seriously

But you're Jesus?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah I agree.
Nothing against Boogie or Vuc, but in today's NBA I wouldn't allocate those resources (max slot) to a Center, unless it's a bonfide star like Embiid/AD.
I like JB a lot player wise, even lobbied for him earlier, but also understand the argument against (age, miles, attitude, effect on Ingram etc)
I'd almost be content if we do strike out with the max guys (KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, Klay, and I think we likely will strike out) to wait for AD if that is possible., keep the kids, enhance the team with good compliments next year (like Dedmon), and figure out a way to sign AD but keep the kiddos.

If you want to punt for AD, BI's 21m cap hold in 2020 prevents that. In that scenario, you have to choose either AD or BI.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah I agree.

If you want to punt for AD, BI's 21m cap hold in 2020 prevents that. In that scenario, you have to choose either AD or BI.

Yeah we could clear about 27 mil for AD with all the holds, and keeping all the kids. Could increase that by shedding a few players and replacing with minimum holds. (guys like Bonga, Mo, the 2020 1st rounder etc)
Maybe BI signs for less than his cap hold?, at least in the first year?
We'd have to get creative but I do see your point.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 895, 896, 897 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 896 of 8560
Jump to: