OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

I wanted vonleh last year. Yes to him for a reasonable deal.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

2 guys that are coming next season here are : Tristan Thompson and JR Smith

from lebron's cavs days
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I wanted vonleh last year. Yes to him for a reasonable deal.

I wanted to draft him. Lol. Glad we got got JR though.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

from lebron's cavs days

Based on what?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

from lebron's cavs days

On a buy out?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

from lebron's cavs days

Based on what?

LeBron's teammates
Klutch clients
Lue coached them
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

from lebron's cavs days

On a buy out?

Yes off course
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

from lebron's cavs days

On a buy out?

Yes off course

I thought this was a joke...
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Beal has gotten highly overrated in these discussions. However, I am not a proponent of Kemba Freaking Walker, so I’m not invested in this side argument. I consider both of them to be minor stars who don’t move the needle much.

Beal is 25 and averaged 25/5/5 on 47/35/80. I don't think he's overrated infact I think he's going to take another giant leap next year and have a real breakout season.

Steph Curry was an all star caliber player till 24 years old and then broke out as a superstar. Harden was really good and then broke out as a superstar at 25.

I think Beal is one of those guys that continues to get better bit by bit then makes a couple giant leaps.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

from lebron's cavs days

On a buy out?

Yes off course

Seems pretty plausible, actually.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

from lebron's cavs days

On a buy out?

Yes off course

Seems pretty plausible, actually.

Yea. JR "Don't Know the Score" Smith.
So very very plausible.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

1 of Turner/sabonis for #11?

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Beal has gotten highly overrated in these discussions. However, I am not a proponent of Kemba Freaking Walker, so I’m not invested in this side argument. I consider both of them to be minor stars who don’t move the needle much.

Beal is 25 and averaged 25/5/5 on 47/35/80. I don't think he's overrated infact I think he's going to take another giant leap next year and have a real breakout season.

Steph Curry was an all star caliber player till 24 years old and then broke out as a superstar. Harden was really good and then broke out as a superstar at 25.

I think Beal is one of those guys that continues to get better bit by bit then makes a couple giant leaps.

Beal is about to turn 26. He played all 82 games this year, and his team finished 32-50. That's a red flag. The metrics don't hate him, but they don't love him, either. He ranks 8th among SGs in RPM (ORPM +3.18, DRPM -1.72), which puts him between JJ Redick and Jeremy Lamb. This is generally consistent with the other metrics. His RPM was actually higher in '17, when he was fourth among SGs between Klay Thompson and Lou Williams.

What I see in that is the same thing that I saw on the handful of occasions that I watched the Wizards this year: a guy who posts empty stats on a bad team while showing inconsistent effort on defense. It doesn't appear that his game is improving much, but he gets the ball in his hands more with Wall out. This creates the illusion that he is making a leap, but both the game results and the metrics tell a different story.

This does not mean that he would suck as a Laker. However, there are a lot of red flags that indicate the possibility that he is getting significantly overrated.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Beal is about to turn 26. He played all 82 games this year, and his team finished 32-50. That's a red flag. The metrics don't hate him, but they don't love him, either. He ranks 8th among SGs in RPM (ORPM +3.18, DRPM -1.72), which puts him between JJ Redick and Jeremy Lamb. This is generally consistent with the other metrics. His RPM was actually higher in '17, when he was fourth among SGs between Klay Thompson and Lou Williams.

What I see in that is the same thing that I saw on the handful of occasions that I watched the Wizards this year: a guy who posts empty stats on a bad team while showing inconsistent effort on defense. It doesn't appear that his game is improving much, but he gets the ball in his hands more with Wall out. This creates the illusion that he is making a leap, but both the game results and the metrics tell a different story.

This does not mean that he would suck as a Laker. However, there are a lot of red flags that indicate the possibility that he is getting significantly overrated.

Man, there's a wide chasm between 8th best SG by RPM and "empty stats." Come on.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

Lakers should consider bringing back Ed Davis....
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Man, there's a wide chasm between 8th best SG by RPM and "empty stats." Come on.

That's fair. I'm really focusing on the increase in his stats since Wall started breaking down. His raw numbers have gone up, but the metrics tell us that his impact has been level or even gone down. He just has the ball in his hands more with Wall out.

Also, his stats are disproportionate to his impact because defense is so poor. He ranks 16th in the league in ORPM, which is about even with Giannis and Kawhi. But his defense negates his offense, knocking him back to 76th overall, about even with Mike Muscala. And thus we find him on a team that went 32-50 in the East this year.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

When there is a statistic that has Mike Muscala ahead of players like Lamarcus Aldridge, Demar DeRozan, Gordon Hayward, Devin Booker, Klay Thompson, Caris LeVert among two hundred others who are better... all that makes me think is that the statistic is fundamentally flawed even if your premise might not be.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
When there is a statistic that has Mike Muscala ahead of players like Lamarcus Aldridge, Demar DeRozan, Gordon Hayward, Devin Booker, Klay Thompson, Caris LeVert among two hundred others who are better... all that makes me think is that the statistic is fundamentally flawed even if your premise might not be.

"I found one small thing that invalidates the whole thing that I don't fully understand."
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

That's fair. I'm really focusing on the increase in his stats since Wall started breaking down. His raw numbers have gone up, but the metrics tell us that his impact has been level or even gone down. He just has the ball in his hands more with Wall out.

Also, his stats are disproportionate to his impact because defense is so poor. He ranks 16th in the league in ORPM, which is about even with Giannis and Kawhi. But his defense negates his offense, knocking him back to 76th overall, about even with Mike Muscala. And thus we find him on a team that went 32-50 in the East this year.

I did not know he fared that poorly on defense. Interesting. For a non-primary initiator that's concerning.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

Page 1111 is good luck. Kawhi to LA. Make it happen.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

Where is everyone that was crying about DLO? Net fans are cringing at the thought of maxing him. Most are disappointed as hell in his playoff performance. He's still the same player he was with us -- shooting under 40%, lack of assists, high turnovers, bad decision making.

Lakers made a brilliant move with that
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Where is everyone that was crying about DLO? Net fans are cringing at the thought of maxing him. Most are disappointed as hell in his playoff performance. He's still the same player he was with us -- shooting under 40%, lack of assists, high turnovers, bad decision making.

Dude deserves MAX!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwhbVQLlL8A/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1fkt4vkcjpftj
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Dude deserves MAX!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwhbVQLlL8A/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1fkt4vkcjpftj

Jesus I dont even remember this clip

Anyways back to my point. Bravo Lakers *claps loud* for that DLO move. They deserve the utmost applause for that move.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

DLO would be more useful for us than the Nets.

The Nets are as overstocked at guard as we are at small forward.

They should let him walk and use that max to bring in a proper center or power forward.

LeVert is the future star, and Dinwiddie is on a nice value contract.

They have Crabbe and Harris too.

I'm not saying DLO isn't good... but I wouldn't pay him a max either.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

I’d gladly max him out and mentioned it earlier this season. Rather max him than trade for max on Beal at a higher price and using trade chips. Hefner be a great conduit between brandon and LBj imo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1112 of 8560
Jump to: