OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
We REALLY could have used Noel you know....

Yup
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:

Free agency is 2 way street you know
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what type of money his agent asks for next year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Klay Thompson kind of sucks when he doesn’t have Curry or Durant to space the floor.

He is not a franchise player. I do not think he deserves a maximun contract.

The way he steps up in the playoffs makes him deserve max money.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Don't get the AD Love, Give me Giannis Antetokounmpo. Dude is the better player and doesn't get hurt every game.

He is not a better player, period!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Klay Thompson kind of sucks when he doesn’t have Curry or Durant to space the floor.

Awful take alert.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/05/06/by-the-numbers-klay-thompson-steps-up-in-currys-absence/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:

he turned us down in favor of OKC
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Davis: 28.1 points (53.4% fg, 34% 3p, 82.8% ft), 11.1 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.6 steals, 2.6 blocks, in 36.4 minutes. (Has played 75 games in each of past 2 seasons)
Giannis: 26.9 points (52.9% fg, 30.7% 3p, 76% ft), 10 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 1.5 steals, 1.4 blocks in 36.7 minutes. Played 75 games.

So comparison:

Giannis vs Davis: -1.2 points (-0.5% fg, -3.3% 3p, -6.8% ft), -1.1 rebounds, +2.5 assists, -0.1 steals, -1.2 blocks in +0.3 minutes.
Sure Davis is one year older, and has been less durable over his career. But he's a better player. He was first team All-NBA for three straight years and first team All-Defensive last season after two straight second teams. Giannis has one second team all-defense and two second team All-NBA.

That's not a knock on Giannis at all. He's a great player, going to be scary good. But I'd take Davis any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

He would have likely come here had we for example let KCP walk and have what we gave to KCP to Noel, but we were never aggressive in signing him.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

He would have likely come here had we for example let KCP walk and have what we gave to KCP to Noel, but we were never aggressive in signing him.

He signed for the minimum. Highly doubtful he was offered a substantially better contract by any other NBA team let alone KCP money.

He was with the Mavs approximately 1.5 seasons and obviously they saw enough not to bring him back.

He is an incomplete player on the court, injury prone with a questionable attitude.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

He signed for the minimum. Highly doubtful he was offered a substantially better contract by any other NBA team let alone KCP money.

He was with the Mavs approximately 1.5 seasons and obviously they saw enough not to bring him back.

He is an incomplete player on the court, injury prone with a questionable attitude.

Perhaps not KCP money but we could have found a way to get him, but decided not to, I rather have Chandler then Noel so it doesn’t matter just that young mobile bigs who are athletic are nice to have.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

True, but we're also giving Zubac minutes.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

Magic and Rob are ROCK STARS and I am not second guessing them on ANYTHING. To think that some on this board had the audacity to butcher Magic and his name. I hope they are all buried in vomit from eating so much crow.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:

With the Klutch angle this is the one thing I could not understand this summer, and I wasn't that high on Noel. For 12mpg at the minimum, he is easily one of the best options out there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
George W Buss wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

He is not a franchise player. I do not think he deserves a maximun contract.

In a league where Paul George is worth max, so is Klay Thompson

PG played well last night all thing's considered. Probably more valuable than Klay if you swapped them.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

With the Klutch angle this is the one thing I could not understand this summer, and I wasn't that high on Noel. For 12mpg at the minimum, he is easily one of the best options out there.

Bingo. I was so anti-Noel when people suggested getting him over Randle... but at the min. AND its the same agency... AND we have a glaring hole at C... it just perplexes me
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Bingo. I was so anti-Noel when people suggested getting him over Randle... but at the min. AND its the same agency... AND we have a glaring hole at C... it just perplexes me

That being said. Magic/Rob have done a great job turning this franchise around. They got us LBJ.

So we're effectively complaining about the butter on our bread when Magic/Rob got us the most expensive cut of Wagyu beef in the world.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

That being said. Magic/Rob have done a great job turning this franchise around. They got us LBJ.

So we're effectively complaining about the butter on our bread when Magic/Rob got us the most expensive cut of Wagyu beef in the world.

EXACTLY. Lets not forget that the the gifts will keep on coming. Next year will be our real team (not that I am throwing this year away because we will be in contention for sure). I am not going to get caught up with who we are getting and max contracts. I have complete faith in the process. Maybe the direction of the team will be to sign two surprise impact players who sign on a team friendly contract to join the partly. This is going to be a great year as it will start the beginning of our run to a championship.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Magic and Rob are ROCK STARS and I am not second guessing them on ANYTHING. To think that some on this board had the audacity to butcher Magic and his name. I hope they are all buried in vomit from eating so much crow.

If they nab us Anthony Davis while keeping Lebron and Ingram, that would be an amazing accomplishment and immediately put us into contention. We would arguably have 2 of the best 3/4 players in the league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

If they nab us Anthony Davis while keeping Lebron and Ingram, that would be an amazing accomplishment and immediately put us into contention. We would arguably have 2 of the best 3/4 players in the league.

I don't see how we get AD without trading out BI. I doubt Pels want Lonzo over BI.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

I was big on trading for AD and put out scenarios. However, reality sunk in and now there really is not a realistic path of it happening. First of all, KCP would have to be included in the trade (I am not sure if Rich Paul would be down with that or not). Secondly, the trade would have to include AT LEAST BI and one (maybe 2) of the following (Zo, Kuz, or Josh) plus change to make salaries work. Finally, this would take us out of the ability to offer a max contract next year. Just LJ, AD, and Deng's stretch puts us at over 70 million next year. At the end of the day, we would be better off retaining our players and adding a max player. If we were trading for AD, it would be more realistic next year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

I don't think we have a chance for AD to be honest, Klutch connection notwithstanding.

Boston can't trade for AD right now b/c of the Rose Rule (can't have two Rose rule guys on a team, and Irving is one). But in 2019-20, can offer something like Smart (filler salary), Brown, Sacto pick, any other picks they have (and they have a lot), and maybe even Rozier for AD. We can't beat that.

Our best road is to keep the young core, sign a max FA in 2019.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Yup

We could have used a center, but after reading what he did to that rental house and then the drug suspension, I was ok with him not being a laker. We have a lot of young dudes on our squad...I don’t think a low character guy like him was a good fit.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think we have a chance for AD to be honest, Klutch connection notwithstanding.

Boston can't trade for AD right now b/c of the Rose Rule (can't have two Rose rule guys on a team, and Irving is one). But in 2019-20, can offer something like Smart (filler salary), Brown, Sacto pick, any other picks they have (and they have a lot), and maybe even Rozier for AD. We can't beat that.

That is 100% true. The only way it could happen is if AD wanted to play for the Lakers and ONLY the Lakers and threaten other franchises not to extend with them. But nothing suggest AD only wants to play for the Lakers. I'm sure he'd like to be there, but more than Celtics ? Don't think so...
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I just scanned through wikipedia. It says:

Under the 2017 CBA, the "Designated Player" limit remains at two, but in a new feature, teams are now able to create Designated Player contracts from their own veteran contracts. In addition, teams may now use their Designated Player slots on any combination of their own rookie contracts, their own veteran contracts, or players acquired in trades.

Doesn't this mean that teams can have 2 designated player slots (2 rose guys can be on one team) via any combination and hence Irving occupying one designated player slot is not a bar for AD?

Honestly, I'm not sure, so I'm just posting for a clarification.

Last edited by Vanquish on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 131 of 8560
Jump to: