OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3860, 3861, 3862 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
How the hell does the Laker front office build this team with zero SFs?

To hell with their record. Y'all can focus on that all you want. I trust my basketball wisdom, intuition, and eyes.

There were more than a handful of guys on this board clamoring for Hollis-Jefferson, Nwaba, or Sefolosha. All those guys were available FOR THE MINIMUM.

It's incompetence. I know. They're best in the West (record-wise), but when I look at this team's roster, I see many glaring holes and an overall poor roster construction.

Pelinka and friends did a bad job building this roster. They lacked vision.

I'll ask it again in a slightly different way: How can you build a team with hopes of winning it all when you zero guys on the roster who can guard a SF and your primary threat to the championship has TWO ELITE GUYS who play that SF position?

Incompetence. And for those of you who will tell me to check the record, I say you lack vision. I'm predicting the future here. Not many will agree with me now (because of a shiny record ), but this summer, after the holes are shown to the world, we'll all be in lock step.

This roster was put together badly. Where are the SFs? A damn shame.

Lebron will guard SF in the playoffs. What we need is a long wing that can do it in long stretch of marathon regular season . We hope Kuz will get there but we are most likely looking at buyout market.

The question stands: How do you build a team with zero SFs?

You're the second guy to say "they'll get one". Why didn't they "get one" when they built the damn roster?

There were plenty available ... for the minimum.

Incompetence.

Lebron plays PG on offense and SF on defense. Lebron plays 30 plus minutes. Kuz back him up and get the remaining minutes. Your question should be rephrase like how come we did not get a proven long wing defender? The answer is we rather develop Kuz because he’s young and much better fit than RHJ and Sefolosha.

Oh, so you're one of the ones who still thinks Kuzma at 6'9.5 will ever be a competent SF defender?

We disagree here.

Pelinka, clearly to me, didn't see what many armchair GMS on LG saw, that the Lakers lacked a defensive wing.

A huge mistake in my book.

I always said we are lacking a long wing defender because I know Lebron tend to coast in the regular. This year, he has been putting a lot of effort especially down the stretch. The only difference is I have a favorable opinion on Kuz (one of the few) that he can develop to be a decent defender.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Thunder down 2 with a couple of seconds left

"His jersey's untucked!" -CP3

Jordan Bell was called for a delay of game for checking in with an untucked jersey...

Wolves ended up losing the game in OT

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1203164713254715397

What a snitch
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

cavs about to open shop, wonder if they can buy out someone.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

The only guy I Am interested in is cedi, I don’t think he is available
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Tristan Thompson maybe.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject:

Is Andre Roberson done? Just wondering what other taller wing defenders out there that may be available in buyouts.

I doubt we get Iggy. Someone will trade for him.

Maybe Trevor Ariza can get a buyout if he gives up his guaranteed money next year. Ariza may be done though. At least he looks like it whenever I have watched him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Is Andre Roberson done? Just wondering what other taller wing defenders out there that may be available in buyouts.

Maybe Trevor Ariza can get a buyout if he gives up his guaranteed money next year. Ariza may be done though. At least he looks like it whenever I have watched him.

Ariza is done.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:12 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

Andre Roberson is too busy spending time with his girl Rachel Demita formerly of NBA2k...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Maybe I am high off 20-3 record and most recent spanking of Nuggets, Utah and blazers

But I would only let cousins go and sign Iggy

And get that chip
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Maybe I am high off 20-3 record and most recent spanking of Nuggets, Utah and blazers

And get that chip

I’m impressed with Rondo, but injury concern is still there. We stagnate a bit when Lebron goes to bench without Rondo on court.

We definitely need the wing defender whether that’s Iggy or a younger version.

Imo cousins is here to stay. He seems like that locker room guy that is important because AD and Rondo want him here. Pels made the mistake of not re-signing him.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

I’d be going after Glenn Robinson JR. He’s having a good year, fits a need and could probably be had for a young player like THT.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

And get that chip

I’m impressed with Rondo, but injury concern is still there. We stagnate a bit when Lebron goes to bench without Rondo on court.

Imo cousins is here to stay. He seems like that locker room guy that is important because AD and Rondo want him here. Pels made the mistake of not re-signing him.

Ya I agree with cousins part
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Alex Kennedy wrote:

The Cleveland Cavaliers are ready to listen to trade offers for Kevin Love, according to @wojespn. The Boston Celtics, Denver Nuggets and Portland Trail Blazers have shown interest in Love in the past, as Woj noted, so perhaps they could be possible landing spots for him now.
Dec 6, 2019ReplyRetweetFavorite
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Alex Kennedy wrote:

The Cleveland Cavaliers are ready to listen to trade offers for Kevin Love, according to @wojespn. The Boston Celtics, Denver Nuggets and Portland Trail Blazers have shown interest in Love in the past, as Woj noted, so perhaps they could be possible landing spots for him now.
Dec 6, 2019ReplyRetweetFavorite

Would love to see Kevin Love land in Boston, the EC doesn’t present a lot of challenge and if KL gets traded there, it would add another EC powerhouse in the East.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I guess that if the Blazers try to trade picks, they are more desirable than the ones of the Nuggets or the Celtics.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

lol at those who think we do not have a SF on the roster.
We have the greatest SF in the history of the game on the roster. He starts for the team every night at that position. Just because he has a PG role on offense that does not mean he is not starting at SF. That is his match up position. Unbelievable.

Also, Kuzma plays some SF for us, and we see that when Dwight and AD are in with the 2nd unit.

I understand the need for having a wing defender to help with elite wings, but LA has SFs on the roster. Lebron and Kuzma in traditional positional basketball are SFs. I don't get this traditional position by position basketball stuff though. KCP is a wing, and defends 1s and 2s. Bradley is an off guard and defends 1s. Caruso is a combo guard and defends 1s and 2s. Kuzma is a Forward who plays 4 and 3. AD plays 5 and 4, and defends every position on the floor.

This team is not built with traditional position basketball in mind. When you have talents like Lebron and AD, you don't do that.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
We have the greatest SF in the history of the game on the roster. He starts for the team every night at that position. Just because he has a PG role on offense that does not mean he is not starting at SF. That is his match up position. Unbelievable.

Also, Kuzma plays some SF for us, and we see that when Dwight and AD are in with the 2nd unit.

I understand the need for having a wing defender, but LA has SFs on the roster. Lebron and Kuzma in traditional positional basketball are SFs.

It's ridiculous.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
eureca wrote:

Ariza is done.

So it’s doubtful that he gives up guaranteed money
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

And get that chip

The Pelicans were smart not to bring Cousins back, he is done.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

I went over Ariza’s tape this morning, and he looks to be at the same point in his career as Danny Green.. he looks solid to me.. I didn’t see many 1v1 defensive possessions, but the few I saw indeed weren’t too good - athletically his main decline seems to be breaks, but I also doubt he’s giving full effort in the regular season in a stance... But team D he looked good, steals, ran up and down the court very well gate/speed wise.
He looks like a legit plus defender..... And he’s shooting league average from 3. I do think he’d be a good addition. Also a pretty competent attacker
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I went over Ariza’s tape this morning, and he looks to be at the same point in his career as Danny Green.. he looks solid to me.. I didn’t see many 1v1 defensive possessions, but the few I saw indeed weren’t too good - athletically his main decline seems to be breaks, but I also doubt he’s giving full effort in the regular season in a stance... But team D he looked good, steals, ran up and down the court very well gate/speed wise.
He looks like a legit plus defender..... And he’s shooting league average from 3. I do think he’d be a good addition. Also a pretty competent attacker

Don't see Kings waiving him if they're close to #8.
Didn't watch, but how did he miss 2 game winning shots yesterday?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
eureca wrote:

Andre Roberson is too busy spending time with his girl Rachel Demita formerly of NBA2k...

If no Iggy I would actually love to add Roberson. I've always been a big fan of his and he fits the DNA of this team defensively.

So I just did a quick search for an injury update on Roberson and the prognosis is not good as of yesterday. In fact his career might be over. And what I found interesting is that his injury was a ruptured patellar tendon. This is the same tendon that Kawhi has been dealing with.

https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2019/12/6/20995053/andre-roberson-injury-update-2019

Quote:
The actual injury itself is particularly damaging to the human body. The rupture of the left patellar tendon means the soft tissue between the tibia and the patella is gone. This means there is bone-on-bone contact, which can lead to large amounts of inflammation and huge amounts of pain. The other key effect of the rupture is the knee cannot be fully straightened, making even walking difficult. This type of injury can result in basketball, as it is termed ‘jumper’s knee’ by many medical experts.

The treatment of this injury is often done surgically, with the torn tendon being reattached to the kneecap. There are serious complications that can occur with the rehabilitation process due to the tendon being attached to other important muscles such as the quadriceps. It is important that the recovery process build up strength and resistance slowly, as an overaggressive schedule could tear the tendon again and so that there are no spillover effects on the surrounding muscles. Roberson has suffered a two notable setbacks with the rehab process, and the most recent setback was revealed on Tuesday.

Advertisement

Billy Donovan was reticent to say that Roberson has suffered another setback — and somewhat dodged the question — but Steven Adams was more forthcoming about the injury status of his friend. Adams stated that Andre has undergone “another one of those setbacks” in regards to the recovery process.

It is now two years since Roberson injured his patellar and his return to the game now looks incredibly uncertain. The Thunder medical staff have seemingly exhausted every avenue available to them in order to aid the rehabilitation process, but Roberson has opted to ‘try some other avenues,’ according to Billy Donovan. Donovan did not go into detail about the measures which Roberson is considering, but it is likely another surgery on the tendon will occur. It is not an injury which can be treated without invasive action.

However, Donovan did elaborate on Roberson’s state of mind regarding the injury. Donovan stated that Roberson has “gotten to a point, and he can’t get past that point” in terms of the pain in his knee. For a person like Roberson, who previously played through patellar tendinitis, this is a significant statement that speaks to the level of pain he is feeling. The discomfort is too great for Roberson to soldier through.

The repercussions of Andre’s injury are devastating for his career. He has lost two years of his life and basketball career to injury and apparently is no closer to a return to the court.

With this setback, there is a very real possibility that Andre Roberson’s career is over and he will not be able to get back to playing condition.

This explains why Kawhi has to load manage. The league revealed that he had an injury to his patella tendon which he wasn't too happy about. If that tendon tears the way Roberson's did then it's likely a career ender. Judging by the way Kawhi was limping in the Finals and the way he's still load managing, this could be something he deals with for the rest of his career.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Doubtful that the Kings do anything until they see what they have with a healthy Fox.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I understand the need for having a wing defender, but LA has SFs on the roster. Lebron and Kuzma in traditional positional basketball are SFs.

It's ridiculous.

Go back to the Kobe-Pau teams, even they had some players in the rotation you would just say "Man wish we could get a better player in here". Even championship teams have some parts that are not all there, but what makes them championship teams is their cohesion, ability to take over games through their strengths, 2-way ability and ofcourse the most important is the stars you have. The Warriors had some weaknesses even but their strengths were so great no one could compete with them once Durant was with them. Their cohesion and strengths amazing, and 2-way ability. But even them, they had some bigs in there that were not very good and I'm sure their fans wished they had someone better at 5 many nights - Zaza was starting for them at one point. For us we have those elements needed with the strengths and cohesion, the 2-way ability and star power. However we do have some question marks with our backup SF and backup PG spots at times. Certainly would be nice to get Iguodala or some more talent in. The more quality 2-way role player talent in, the better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

2 pretty open misses...tough. he has tweaked his form to be less behind his head, so, quicker..similar to Ingram.. but he bricked those..I'm scared he'll go cold in the playoffs. Has pretty similar length to Ingram too.

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3860, 3861, 3862 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3861 of 8560
Jump to: