View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Having some QB trouble so I picked up a bunch over the past couple weeks so I could just decide each week who I am going to play. For Week 14, which QB would you play?

Jameis Winston vs NO Saints
Josh Allen vs NY Jets
Dak Prescott vs PHI Eagles

The safe play seems to be Jameis, but it just doesn't seem so safe for some reason.
I hear you but out of those 3 it really is Jameis.

I think so too. Dak has averaged about 250 passing yards per game since they got Cooper and he does buoy his floor with rushing production, but yes, I'd still go Jameis with a 55.5 point Over/Under.

Yeah, that's what my brain is telling me too. My heart is telling me to play Josh Allen but I don't have the stomach for it. Hahaha.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

^
Yeah you can't do that, as he has way too scary of a floor.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Well I just lost OBJ for tomorrow. That sucks.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

Decision time!

Play one: Baldwin, Coutee, Conley, Goodwin

EDIT: Looks like coutee is out today. May have to roll with Goodwin and hope for a big play.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

So even though I settled on Big Ben over Brees in my yahoo league (netting me 5 extra points), I still lost because Gurley choked for me. If he has his normal game, I almost certainly would've won. You can make good moves (like picking up Samuels to be your TE), and you can get good fortune (my opponent had Beckham), but sometimes you just have a bad week. I happened to underscore my projection in this league 3 weeks in a row pretty significantly, and if I had won any of those 3 matchups I'd still be playing next week. Oh well; I'm sure we've all been there.

Looks like I'm in good shape in my 2 other leagues, which are bigger leagues for me. In one, I'm 29 points up and I have Thielen left, while my opponent (my nephew) has Cook, and this is a PPR league. In the other, I'm 36 up and my opponent has Cousins left.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

well, i just had to go up against Amari Cooper. and I'm out of the playoffs. not happy about it. But at least I got my other league still. had a bye in that one so lets see how things go
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
So even though I settled on Big Ben over Brees in my yahoo league (netting me 5 extra points), I still lost because Gurley choked for me. If he has his normal game, I almost certainly would've won. You can make good moves (like picking up Samuels to be your TE), and you can get good fortune (my opponent had Beckham), but sometimes you just have a bad week. I happened to underscore my projection in this league 3 weeks in a row pretty significantly, and if I had won any of those 3 matchups I'd still be playing next week. Oh well; I'm sure we've all been there.

Looks like I'm in good shape in my 2 other leagues, which are bigger leagues for me. In one, I'm 29 points up and I have Thielen left, while my opponent (my nephew) has Cook, and this is a PPR league. In the other, I'm 36 up and my opponent has Cousins left.

Gurley crushed me too. I also made a last minute roster change which pretty much hurt my chances. Dropped Badgley for Fairbairn. Ugh. I hate kickers. Lol

Still have a chance though as I am up 10 with my opp having Dalvin Cook going tonight. Gulp.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Gurley crushed me too. I also made a last minute roster change which pretty much hurt my chances. Dropped Badgley for Fairbairn. Ugh. I hate kickers. Lol

Still have a chance though as I am up 10 with my opp having Dalvin Cook going tonight. Gulp.

Cook could get less than a 10, especially in standard scoring. But in PPR that might be tough. And Seattle has been getting steamrolled against the run this season. Working in your favor is that Minnesota doesn't have a good offensive line, and that if the game gets out of hand, well, then Cousins will take to the air. In non-PPR, I'd say you have probably a 50/50 shot to win. If it's PPR, maybe more like a 20% chance. Good luck!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Cook could get less than a 10, especially in standard scoring. But in PPR that might be tough. And Seattle has been getting steamrolled against the run this season. Working in your favor is that Minnesota doesn't have a good offensive line, and that if the game gets out of hand, well, then Cousins will take to the air. In non-PPR, I'd say you have probably a 50/50 shot to win. If it's PPR, maybe more like a 20% chance. Good luck!

Thanks! This is the league I care about least anyway. A work league where I don’t even work there anymore =)
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Advanced in my playoffs because Kittle went off yesterday. Love that guy
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

So I have officially won 2 of my 3 matchups this week, and I am left with a 1% chance in the league where I thought I was going to suffer a certain defeat (where Gurley screwed me). So the guy was only 1.5 points up and he still had a DB, Harrison Smith, left to play. Curiously, he benched him, apparently worried that he could somehow end up with negative points. (I don't see how that could happen, given that for him to be credited with a fumble, that means he would have to have had possession of the ball, which means a fumble recovery or an INT for him, which would cancel out on the scoreboard.) But here's the thing: scoring adjustments can and do happen. I've had it happen to me before in another league, which worked out amazingly well for me. I thought I had lost a playoff semifinal by 2 points, and on Wednesday morning, the NFL credited my team defense with a sack on a play, giving me an extra 2 points. The matchup was tied, and the commissioner decided to advance us both to the final and have the final contested as a 3-way final, which I won easily.

So while I am still probably going to lose, I actually have a faint pulse now. Need that scoring adjustment, baby!
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

Advanced to my semi finals mainly behind Derrick Henry & Amari Cooper (ROLL TIDE).

Not sure I can expect production anything like that again, so rest of my team will need to step up. Will Kerryon be back this week?

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

IF Gordon @ KC and Conner vs NE are able to play this week, which of the two would you play? Gordon has the better matchup but Conner gets more rest and plays Sunday as opposed to Thursday. Mixon and Chubb are my RBs and one of those two would be my flex.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
IF Gordon @ KC and Conner vs NE are able to play this week, which of the two would you play? Gordon has the better matchup but Conner gets more rest and plays Sunday as opposed to Thursday. Mixon and Chubb are my RBs and one of those two would be my flex.

I would just play Mixon and Chubb, honestly. I'm usually hesitant to play players coming off an injury. And this despite the fact that KC is a great matchup and the Patriots are not imposing, either. Mixon's matchup is pristine and Cincy is actually a home favorite, and Chubb has been getting great workloads and scoring pretty much every week. I guess if you get word that Gordon is going to play and get a full workload, you could play him and then I'd go with Mixon after that.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject:

What once was my strength is turning into a struggle this week. Here's my RB situation:

Ware (hamstring injury/shoulder injury) Thursday night
Kamara
Conner (ankle injury)

I want to play 2 of those 3 if I can. I do have insurances in place, but none are that great. I have Samuels if Conner can't go and I have Jackson if Gordon is a scratch. Any thoughts on which of these 2 I should go with? Right now the only lock seems to be Kamara
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
What once was my strength is turning into a struggle this week. Here's my RB situation:

Kamara
Conner (ankle injury)

I want to play 2 of those 3 if I can. I do have insurances in place, but none are that great. I have Samuels if Conner can't go and I have Jackson if Gordon is a scratch. Any thoughts on which of these 2 I should go with? Right now the only lock seems to be Kamara

I'm watching this situation closely, as well. I have Jackson and D. Williams as flex options if Ware or Gordon sit. Seems foolish for the Chargers to rush Gordon, but some teams are stupid. I'd say Ware + Kamara for now.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Huskers wrote:

Kamara
Conner (ankle injury)

I'm watching this situation closely, as well. I have Jackson and D. Williams as flex options if Ware or Gordon sit. Seems foolish for the Chargers to rush Gordon, but some teams are stupid. I'd say Ware + Kamara for now.

If Gordon and Ekeler are out, Jackson becomes a really good start imo.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Huskers wrote:

Kamara
Conner (ankle injury)

If Gordon and Ekeler are out, Jackson becomes a really good start imo.

Where would you rank him with injured Conner and Ware?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

I would just play Mixon and Chubb, honestly. I'm usually hesitant to play players coming off an injury. And this despite the fact that KC is a great matchup and the Patriots are not imposing, either. Mixon's matchup is pristine and Cincy is actually a home favorite, and Chubb has been getting great workloads and scoring pretty much every week. I guess if you get word that Gordon is going to play and get a full workload, you could play him and then I'd go with Mixon after that.
Yea I might have to risk playing one of them since Sutton and Corey Davis are my other options at flex. Hopefully their coaches aren't too vague about their work load
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Yea I might have to risk playing one of them since Sutton and Corey Davis are my other options at flex. Hopefully their coaches aren't too vague about their work load

I'm confused about your lineup configuration. To be clear, if you have 2 starting RB spots, I would just play Mixon and Chubb. If you're saying you could also start one of your other RB's as a flex, then I would start Gordon as a RB (if he is active), and then use one of Mixon/Chubb as your flex. If Gordon is not active, then I might just go with Corey Davis in the flex spot. Sutton can't really be trusted.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

I'm confused about your lineup configuration. To be clear, if you have 2 starting RB spots, I would just play Mixon and Chubb. If you're saying you could also start one of your other RB's as a flex, then I would start Gordon as a RB (if he is active), and then use one of Mixon/Chubb as your flex. If Gordon is not active, then I might just go with Corey Davis in the flex spot. Sutton can't really be trusted.
Yes, i can start 2 RBs and 1 flex along with 2 WRs. So I am starting Mixon & Chubb for my RBs and then either Gordon or Conner for my flex. Gordon is a game time decision but I have a feeling he'll play. I just worry about his workload. But if Ekeler is already out, I would think he'd touch the ball plenty if hes able to suit up since their alternatives aren't all that.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

Looking more like Gordon won't play. They promoted a RB from the practice squad.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Looking more like Gordon won't play. They promoted a RB from the practice squad.
Ugh, of course. If Conner doesn't play either, i'm screwed ha. They did say though that if last week's game were the playoffs, he would have played. Lets see how it unfolds..
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Man, looking at my RBs from week 1 to week 14 it was: Hunt, Conner, Kamara.

It's all gone to ish since then.

This week I'm starting Justin Jackson and Kamara. Leaving Ware, Conner and Samuels on the bench. Just hoping I can survive this week and make it to Championship Sunday to win back my belt.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I hate kickers, but its the semis and I need to make a decision. What do you guys think?

I have Michael Badgley going @ Chiefs tonight. I’m fearing Chiefs at home, cross country trip to cold weather, no run game for LAC.

So I am thinking dropping Badgley for Aldrick Rosas (vs TEN). Good idea or bad?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25
Jump to: