Elon Musk is a Fraud
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

All CEOs face heat from time to time. Musk is a character, but he's also a visionary. I have no doubt that Tesla will be successful in the long run, and I am betting my money on that. Just like Facebook, these controversies will not tank the companies because there is too much talent working for them.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
All CEOs face heat from time to time. Musk is a character, but he's also a visionary. I have no doubt that Tesla will be successful in the long run, and I am betting my money on that. Just like Facebook, these controversies will not tank the companies because there is too much talent working for them.

Hopefully you didn’t bet your money today
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

My guess is he gets a big fine...it would be bad optics for the guy in charge of the company helping to put America back in space to sit in jail.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
My guess is he gets a big fine...it would be bad optics for the guy in charge of the company helping to put America back in space to sit in jail.

SEC Sues Elon Musk for Fraud, Seeks Removal From Tesla

The complaint filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission came after a last-minute decision by Mr. Musk and his lawyers to fight the case rather than settle the charges.

The SEC had crafted a settlement with Mr. Musk—approved by the agency’s commissioners—that it was preparing to file Thursday morning when Mr. Musk’s lawyers called to tell the SEC lawyers in San Francisco that they were no longer interested in proceeding with the agreement, according to people familiar with the matter. After the phone call, the SEC rushed to pull together the complaint that it subsequently filed, the people said.

The SEC said that contrary to the statements he made in several Twitter messages on Aug. 7, Mr. Musk “knew that he had never discussed a going-private transaction at $420 per share with any potential funding source.”

“It’s an easy case,” said Charles Elson, director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware. “He said in the tweet he had financing, and apparently he didn’t. … It’s about as straightforward as you can get.”

The SEC alleged in its lawsuit that Mr. Musk first informed Tesla’s board of directors, chief financial officer and general counsel on Aug. 2 that he wanted to take the company private at $420 a share.

Mr. Musk told the SEC that he had met with representatives of a sovereign-wealth fund on July 31, according to the lawsuit. The fund’s lead representative, according to Mr. Musk, “expressed interest in taking Tesla private,” the lawsuit states.

Mr. Musk said in a blog post on Aug. 13 that Saudi Arabia’s sovereign-wealth fund had approached him several times over nearly two years about providing financial support to take Tesla private.

But Mr. Musk’s discussion with the sovereign-wealth fund didn’t include any financial details about such a transaction, the SEC alleged. The parties didn’t, for instance, discuss how much of a premium over Tesla’s current trading price would be offered to shareholders. The lawsuit says Mr. Musk chose $420 by estimating he would need to offer a 20% premium—which would amount to $419—and then rounding up by $1.

The SEC said in its complaint that “Musk stated that he rounded up the price to $420 because he had recently learned about the number’s significance in marijuana culture and thought his girlfriend ‘would find it funny, which admittedly is not a great reason to pick a price,’” the SEC’s complaint says. The number “420” is sometimes associated with marijuana.

Seventeen days after the tweets, Mr. Musk announced he decided against the idea.

-----------------------------------------

Guess Elon needs to come up with some evidence that he did have some private funding sources
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
SEC Sues Elon Musk for Fraud, Seeks Removal From Tesla

Some have said there is no Tesla going forward without Musk....but the BoD should probably give it a shot, because it appears to only way to mitigate the SEC actions at this point would be to remove him as an officer.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I am not a day trader, so a couple days of market results mean little to nothing to me. I will hold for the long run and laugh at the herd mentality years from now as I have in the past with other stocks.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I am not a day trader, so a couple days of market results mean little to nothing to me. I will hold for the long run and laugh at the herd mentality years from now as I have in the past with other stocks.

How much info do you have on this lawsuit?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

How much info do you have on this lawsuit?

As much as everyone else does. I doubt this case amounts to anything other than a fine, which I am sure Musk can afford. The SEC will be hard-pressed to prove their allegations. Regardless, I am prepared to lose everything I have invested in Tesla because I believe in the company and Musk. Feel free to bet against the company like another poster said and take the short position if you feel confident.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Out as Chairman, remains as CEO.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

^....and $40 million fine

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/29/sec-settles-charges-with-teslas-elon-musk-will-remain-as-ceo.html
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Out as Chairman, remains as CEO.

interesting....many did not think the SEC would settle for this since there have been claims his board is mostly handpicked pawns that have little influence.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

Tesla is already up 16.5% today (recovering above and beyond the past couple of days of losses). Hope no one panicked and pulled their money prematurely due to the SEC news
cvballa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Elon Musk is the most consequential entrepreneur since Henry Ford.

Anyone who believes the anti-Tesla dumbasses at the NY Times and CNBC is naive at best.

Elon is not in trouble. With the SEC or anyone else.

There is a difference between stating "funding secured" and "funding committed." Anyone who does not know the difference should not be commenting on corporate finance.

Tesla is turning profitable as we speak. Tesla will be GAAP profitable in Q3 of this year, in Q4 and henceforth barring a major recession or full on global trade war.

SpaceX has been quite profitable for some time. SpaceX has 2/3 of the global launch business because SpaceX is the low cost launch leader.

If you truly believe bankruptcy is imminent for Elon/Tesla, because if one is so is the other, than take out a 2nd mortgage and short TSLA. Take a loan against your kids college fund and short TSLA. Ditto your retirement account.

I will be glad to take your money and buy more Tesla products. I could use a Tesla solar roof and powerwall.

BTW Regarding Pedo Guy: Why does a single white UK expat decide to live in Thailand?. And not in Bangkok or on the beach? But chooses to live in city notorious for child sex trafficking in a country notorious for the sex trade? HMMM?

I think you should reconsider your position. Tesla is by far the worst run company in corporate America and biggest fraud I’ve ever seen in my professional career. As a fellow laker fan I urge everyone to avoid investing in this company. Many millions will be hurt financially and emotionally when the do go bankrupt (which they 100% will) and the real truth about Elon’s lies come out. He is a charlatan plain and simple.

Great cars. Horrible business and leader.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

cvballa wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:

Anyone who believes the anti-Tesla dumbasses at the NY Times and CNBC is naive at best.

There is a difference between stating "funding secured" and "funding committed." Anyone who does not know the difference should not be commenting on corporate finance.

Tesla is turning profitable as we speak. Tesla will be GAAP profitable in Q3 of this year, in Q4 and henceforth barring a major recession or full on global trade war.

SpaceX has been quite profitable for some time. SpaceX has 2/3 of the global launch business because SpaceX is the low cost launch leader.

If you truly believe bankruptcy is imminent for Elon/Tesla, because if one is so is the other, than take out a 2nd mortgage and short TSLA. Take a loan against your kids college fund and short TSLA. Ditto your retirement account.

I will be glad to take your money and buy more Tesla products. I could use a Tesla solar roof and powerwall.

BTW Regarding Pedo Guy: Why does a single white UK expat decide to live in Thailand?. And not in Bangkok or on the beach? But chooses to live in city notorious for child sex trafficking in a country notorious for the sex trade? HMMM?

I think you should reconsider your position. Tesla is by far the worst run company in corporate America and biggest fraud I’ve ever seen in my professional career. As a fellow laker fan I urge everyone to avoid investing in this company. Many millions will be hurt financially and emotionally when the do go bankrupt (which they 100% will) and the real truth about Elon’s lies come out. He is a charlatan plain and simple.

Tesla just posted an insanely great Q3 financial report. They’ve hit profit, and they’re expecting to be either profitable or neutral (for quarters where debt comes due) for subsequent quarters from now on. Burning cash like crazy in previous quarters to set up and fix the manufacturing lines for the Model 3 so far seems to have paid off in a big way. The next key point will be seeing how demand holds up in the US after the tax credit is halved starting Q1 2019, though that might be mitigated by deliveries to the EU and China.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Pictures Released of the Tiny Home that Elon Musk lives in when he visits Space X in Texas:

Billionaire Tiny Home
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Anyone that has been shafted by PayPal is LMFAO and not at all surprised.

Winner winner chicken dinner!
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Elon Musk is a Fraud

cvballa wrote:
I used to be a big fan, but all the latest news has made me dig deeper. Looks like he is in big trouble. Tesla is on the brink of bankruptcy and committed fraud.

Pretty amazing he’s about to go broke. Be aware.

Tesla has just surpassed $1T market cap.

SpaceX has a $100B valuation.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

cvballa wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:

I did not reconsider my position. I doubled down my investment in TSLA.

I am as rich as (bleep).
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

his businesses are great, unfortunately, he supports an anti-abortion cause.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Would be interested to see if you held on...Not sure when you bought, but it looks like it could have been a 20-bagger for you if you diamond handed it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Elon Musk is a Fraud

DeeAgeaux wrote:
cvballa wrote:
I used to be a big fan, but all the latest news has made me dig deeper. Looks like he is in big trouble. Tesla is on the brink of bankruptcy and committed fraud.

Pretty amazing he’s about to go broke. Be aware.

Tesla has just surpassed $1T market cap.

SpaceX has a $100B valuation.

Well, time that POS to start paying taxes on it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Not that anyone cares, but I've been posting about GRATS for a while now:

Quote:
The foundation of Knight’s strategy is the grantor-retained annuity trust, or GRAT. His first step was to set up nine GRATs, which successfully transferred Nike shares now worth $6.1 billion to heirs tax-free from 2009 to 2016. Two other GRATs that show up in public filings received about $970 million of unspecified assets from Knight. The filings don’t disclose the ultimate beneficiaries, but Lord says that, based on how family wealth transfers usually work, they might include the family of Knight’s late son, Matthew, who died in 2004.

Officially, gifts are taxable: If you send someone more than $15,000 per year, you’re supposed to file a separate gift tax return, with the total counting toward your $11.7 million lifetime estate-and-gift-tax exemption. (Double that for married couples.) Once you reach that threshold, you must pay a 40% levy. But giving heirs the right to profit, risk-free, from your investments? Not a taxable gift if you route it through a GRAT. “It looks like the heirs didn’t receive anything of value, but in fact they have been given all of the upside growth potential,” says Ray Madoff, a law professor at Boston College.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/how-billionaires-pass-wealth-to-heirs-tax-free-2021/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

In short, the wealthy have conduits to escape the bull (bleep) that Rush Limbaugh and the other right wing idiots (bleep) and moan about: the so-called "death taxes". It's all a con job as the rest of us will have our bequests taxed after we pass. The rich on the other hand pay almost nothing, and that includes the Buss family (one of the reasons why I've been a lukewarm fan in recent years, I won't apologize for my disgust and ambivalence).

Take a look at the link. It discusses the Nike/Knight con game when he purports to give his wealth to charity (the usual pretense of being high-minded by the one percent). That isn't the case, at least in the economic form (I'm sure there's a CLAT in there somewhere). That money is going to his heirs. Meanwhile the rest of us suckers are paying full taxes. That's your two party system at work, at least in their attempts to get their campaigns financed by the rich. I hope Biden cleans this mess up, it is long overdue.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

^Can you combine a GRAT with a stepped-up basis? That would be truly incredible, if so. You'd essentially escape all tax liability in perpetuity
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
^Can you combine a GRAT with a stepped-up basis? That would be truly incredible, if so. You'd essentially escape all tax liability in perpetuity

Yes you can provision a stepped-up basis within the GRAT. You can also play a shell game with multiple GRATs, each containing a minority interest in a pool of assets. This prevents the premium associated with controlling interest, and the structure can be time consumptive for the IRS to evaluate and challenge. The IRS doesn't like to screw with the wealthy, they are outgunned.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Yes you can provision a stepped-up basis within the GRAT. You can also play a shell game with multiple GRATs, each containing a minority interest in a pool of assets. This prevents the premium associated with controlling interest, and the structure can be time consumptive for the IRS to evaluate and challenge. The IRS doesn't like to screw with the wealthy, they are outgunned.

Genius. I understand morally it's wrong - and I'm with you on your righteous (and rightful) indignation - but that is some clever (bleep), isn't it?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: