Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
He must be out of money.

Look for Kupchak to sign him.

Good One...!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject:

My only thought would be if Bynum was just kept on the side, waiting for a big man to get hurt, or in case we do some bigger trade, and have to send out more bodies, then need Bynum to fill in for the traded player. With our desire to paly fast, I can't see Bynum being much help with his 30 year old knees.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

It's a question of health, both body and mind.
If he is dead serious and his body supports him - I have no problem at all with him. Even though he will never be able to run the pace with the young guys - but he can dominate any painted area he wants these days...
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility

splashmtn wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Quote:
Andrew Bynum worked out at the Los Angeles Lakers' practice facility this week as he pursues a return to the NBA.

While it wasn't an official workout with the Lakers, they gave him the opportunity for open gym runs.

Bynum hasn't played in the NBA since the 14-15 season.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251120/Andrew-Bynum-Working-Out-At-Lakers-Practice-Facility

i ran into drew down in playa vista. we were at a coffee bean within those newer developments. actually that side of the developments are old now since they've expanded. It was weird because I realized that a lady that was a manager there was a classmate of mines from high school. I just realized it as i was ordering but I didnt say anything. Then I noticed there was a very tall person standing to the side of me(i'm 6'2). I was like wow whoever this is better be a ball player. lol. then as i stepped to the side to wait on my drink. i was like wait...thats my man drew. And the lady at the front was like "hi Andrew, long time no see." This was probably right after his last nba season. this was during the summer. He looked to be in great shape even then. This is when I thought. if it wasnt for those knees. some people here believed he didnt like to play ball. thats not true at all. he didnt like to always have to rehab from injury. anyone having to rehab from major injuries like that on back to back to back years. that would take a toll on your desire to play. it takes the fun out of it. but thats different then becoming a fat out of shape eddie curry type of player. i havent seen that from drew.

this is great story. andrew when healthy was the best true center in the league. nobody had an answer. not like shaq, but when paired with gasol or odom it might as well have. i know im becoming old curmudgeon but good luck ever again assembling the 3 best big men in the league on one team. dwight lol. and splash, you me both know you said so before d12 even started how he would be disappointing relative to bynum. d12 so fake. but he got mvp votes. meanwhile bynum ate him up for lunch and dinner. bynum was a real monster. go look at the highlights if you forgot. i remember him sky dunking from almost the free throw line like all of a sudden. npz please find this clip i have never found it.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:
Bynum in this clip looks about the best shape I've seen him, looks really slimmed down. I would do a training camp invite, Embiid before Embiid.

He does look in really good shape. Better than i ever saw him in his NBA career.

Movement-wise? Not so good. What situation do you play him? 2nd unit if the opposing team plays a lumbering big?

I guess he's at least a body you could put on Embiid or Ayton. Would he be better than Zubac? Possibly.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility

SuperboyReformed wrote:

this is great story. andrew when healthy was the best true center in the league. nobody had an answer. not like shaq, but when paired with gasol or odom it might as well have. i know im becoming old curmudgeon but good luck ever again assembling the 3 best big men in the league on one team. dwight lol. and splash, you me both know you said so before d12 even started how he would be disappointing relative to bynum. d12 so fake. but he got mvp votes. meanwhile bynum ate him up for lunch and dinner. bynum was a real monster. go look at the highlights if you forgot. i remember him sky dunking from almost the free throw line like all of a sudden. npz please find this clip i have never found it.

I like Philadelphia's 3 big men rotation of Simmons, Embiid, and Saric.

Simmons is similar to Odom
Embiid is Bynum
Saric is Gasol

I think those 3 are comparable. That's 2 HOFamers right there. If you add a prime Kobe to those 3, that's a championship team right there. They'd give GS a run for their money.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility

LongBeachPoly wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

I like Philadelphia's 3 big men rotation of Simmons, Embiid, and Saric.

Simmons is similar to Odom
Embiid is Bynum
Saric is Gasol

I think those 3 are comparable. That's 2 HOFamers right there. If you add a prime Kobe to those 3, that's a championship team right there. They'd give GS a run for their money.
Two hall of famers??? Gasol has a shot, Odom & Bynum will not ever enter the HOF. Too early on Embiid & Simmons if you were referring to them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: