D'Angelo Russell thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What's in this for the Warriors? They gave up an All-Star for an empty stats chucker who doesn't play defense and who has a terrible contract.

He’s a better 4th option than most teams have
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/SwishoMode/status/1225567139760869378

It says clearly that multiple team sources on the Warriors end wanted to get rid of him. Yes they gave up on him.

DLO should have an outstanding 5 year run with KAT where they make the playoffs a few times at least. But a number of teams seem to sour on him, fast. There is definitely something about him that rubs executives and coaches the wrong way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

he tried to smuggle the weed in the fake soda can....after that incident, some peeps thought he wont get the big contract....but warriors did.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Great situation for DLo in Minnesota.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What's in this for the Warriors? They gave up an All-Star for an empty stats chucker who doesn't play defense and who has a terrible contract.

They are going for best fit. DLo and Steph overlap each other, frankly DLo would be better off on a team that needs him. Warriors reload with a starting 5 that is good enough to challenge for the top seed in the west next year.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

Essentially it comes down to this

The Warriors feel like

Steph
Russell
Klay

at the 1, 2 and 3 could work

But they had the chance at

Steph
Klay
Wiggins

and they want to go with that, because they feel Wiggins won't interrupt much nor require Klay to play out of position. He has a high upside that they hope they can bring out on the offensive and defensive end, and are basically seeing him as an upgrade to what they utilized Harrison Barnes for.

Meanwhjile, D'Lo that has proven he can be a first option and lead a team to the playoffs (something Wiggins has not) gets to go be a 1-2 punch with KAT so both teams can win in that situation.

The risk for the Warriors is that they are depending on
1) Wiggins reaching close to his potential
2) Steph and Klay to be able to perform at the levels they did before KD got there in order for this to work, with both coming off injuries.

I'd say that the 2nd option is far riskier than the 1st.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

It's sad cause I hoped to see the visionary experiment of running DeAngelo, steph and klay together.
But I understand what the warriors did here.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

It's sad cause I hoped to see the visionary experiment of running DeAngelo, steph and klay together.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:

They are a generation gap apart IMO. Klay and Curry are hitting 30 (hard to believe Curry is 32) while DLo is 23, so the window for them to dominate would have been very small. The Warriors reign is all but over IMO, and Klay and Curry are only as good as the defense, which is now horrendous without guys like Livingston, Iguodala, Bell, McGee, McCaw.

I think the Wolves will be a legit 45-50 win team as long as they put defenders around DLo and KAT. They could have used Covington, but he was a necessary piece to land Russell.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Steve Kerr said that the trade for Andrew Wiggins came down to fit. Kerr said that D’Angelo Russell didn’t “fit positionally with Steph and Klay coming back next year.”

https://twitter.com/loganmmurdock/status/1225887909825236992?s=19

Steve Kerr on Andrew Wiggins: “Minnesota needed him to be a star. And we’re not asking him to be a star. We’re asking him to play a role on a team that already has some star players.”

https://twitter.com/DrewShiller/status/1225832833471500290?s=19
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

He is what he is a high volume scorer hell look great next to KAT. Send Kuzma to join them so they can post in IG all day
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Okafor boys still mad. 😂
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

The Warriors feel like

Steph
Russell
Klay

Steph
Klay
Wiggins

and they want to go with that, because they feel Wiggins won't interrupt much nor require Klay to play out of position. He has a high upside that they hope they can bring out on the offensive and defensive end, and are basically seeing him as an upgrade to what they utilized Harrison Barnes for.

Meanwhjile, D'Lo that has proven he can be a first option and lead a team to the playoffs (something Wiggins has not) gets to go be a 1-2 punch with KAT so both teams can win in that situation.

2) Steph and Klay to be able to perform at the levels they did before KD got there in order for this to work, with both coming off injuries.

The biggest part of the entire trade imo far and away was that lottery pick.. They will now have two of them and can either draft for the future and/or be players in just about any players they feel would fit there roster that are on the trade market (especially if Klay and Steph come back looking really good next season). It all really depends on that pick but if it pans out to be a good player or they trade it for someone that's a great fit next season they win there side of the trade for sure. If Wiggins can suddenly flourish in that 4th option role it's just that much sweeter.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Okafor boys still mad. 😂

Seriously.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
MJST wrote:

The Warriors feel like

Steph
Russell
Klay

Steph
Klay
Wiggins

The biggest part of the entire trade imo far and away was that lottery pick.. They will now have two of them and can either draft for the future and/or be players in just about any players they feel would fit there roster that are on the trade market (especially if Klay and Steph come back looking really good next season). It all really depends on that pick but if it pans out to be a good player or they trade it for someone that's a great fit next season they win there side of the trade for sure. If Wiggins can suddenly flourish in that 4th option role it's just that much sweeter.

Isn't the pick protected?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Okafor boys still mad. 😂

Seriously.

Not really at all. He refuses to play any style other than ball dominant. He wasnt even the leader of the Nets last year. Tired of hearing people say this. Dinwiddie was the leader.

DLo did exactly what he did here when joining the Warriors. Lackadaisical attitude, disappeared when he wasn’t getting to control the ball, and generally played inconsistent. It was a doomed marriage from the start, one that was o my arrange so he could be used as an asset down the line.

Did anyone really believe Kerr when he talked about how good they could be offensively and Klay would be just fine playing the 3? I know I surely did not.

And for all the people who love to talk about how BI wouldn’t have worked beside of LbJ/AD. Russell would have struggled even moreso imo.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
hype wrote:
MJST wrote:

The Warriors feel like

Steph
Russell
Klay

Steph
Klay
Wiggins

I think but to what extent I don't know either.

However the Warriors have the potential of drafting James Wiseman and adding him to a roster of Curry, Klay and Wiggins at the 1,2 and 3. That's a dangerous prospect in any aspect.

7 foot 1, 7'6 wingspan 231 at his smallest(so I'm guessing as he grows into himself he'll be around 245-250. I'd say that he'd fit the Warriors just fine and give them a top 3 draft pick center to a team with two superstars and one all-star potential. The Warriors have a lot to be excited about tbh, but the most important thing for them is Klay and Curry being healthy.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
hype wrote:
MJST wrote:

The Warriors feel like

Steph
Russell
Klay

Steph
Klay
Wiggins

I'm pretty sure what I read is that it is only top 3 protected then the following year no protection at all.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

Nets are below .500 this season even though they had injury problems last season too with LeVert. Kyrie hasn't adapted abd there are chemistry issues apparently. And here people are (bleep) on DLo with whom they won 42. Many of them unbelievable wins like the comeback against Kings, Magic etc. And when did it became Ingram vs DLo? Both have done way more than bashers expected. In DLo's case, some predictions were that he'd be out of the league by now. ZO was compared with Kendall Marshall. Those with such funny takes deflect to something else now.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

DLo averaged 21/7 last season. And it's not like he's a forced PG who turns the ball over a lot like Harden for that many assists. Kenny wanted him to score and create and hence he played ball dominant. You don't ask him to play like Klay Thomson with his passing skills unless there is another starting PG like Steph who went down early. And it was Kenny who had Dinwiddie as the 6th man.

saetarubia wrote:
Okafor boys still mad. 😂

Seriously.

Kenny wanted him to be the primary creator and scorer. And Nets made the playoffs and stopped being a joke so much so that KD and Kyrie went there. But he should listen to Okafor boys instead. 😂
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

The entire trade feels like it was orchestrated before the off-season. All sides seem to have gotten exactly what they want. Kudos to the Warriors....at the VERY WORSE, they have a salary ballast to latch onto their picks in a trade. At best, Wiggins turns a corner in the right environment. Dlo is happy playing with his boy. KAT is likewise ecstatic. The Wolves are happy their franchise player is happy. Win-win all around.

I'm fairly bullish on our FO at this point, but sometimes I look at a team like the Warriors and I think "THIS is what proper asset management looks like".
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
DLo averaged 21/7 last season. And it's not like he's a forced PG who turns the ball over a lot like Harden for that many assists. Kenny wanted him to score and create and hence he played ball dominant. You don't ask him to play like Klay Thomson with his passing skills unless there is another starting PG like Steph who went down early. And it was Kenny who had Dinwiddie as the 6th man.

saetarubia wrote:
Okafor boys still mad. 😂

Seriously.

Kenny wanted him to be the primary creator and scorer. And Nets made the playoffs and stopped being a joke so much so that KD and Kyrie went there. But he should listen to Okafor boys instead. 😂

CAn someone please explain these so called Okafor boys? Is this the new running joke? Because it’s really not very funny. I honestly don’t remember a ton of ppl wanting Okafor that draft tbh. I liked Porzingis and said as much, but I hadn’t really watched him a ton. Just didn’t like DLo’s upside. Anyways,.. please,. Tell me Where this Okafor boys nonsense began.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

saetarubia wrote:
Okafor boys still mad. 😂

Seriously.

CAn someone please explain these so called Okafor boys? Is this the new running joke? Because it’s really not very funny. I honestly don’t remember a ton of ppl wanting Okafor that draft tbh. I liked Porzingis and said as much, but I hadn’t really watched him a ton. Just didn’t like DLo’s upside. Anyways,.. please,. Tell me Where this Okafor boys nonsense began.

You weren't a member here when he was drafted. There was loud, obnoxious contingent that continued to beat the Okafor drum for months leading up to the draft and continued to bash Dlo even after we drafted him. It was very obvious to anyone that was here that this was the case at the time. As D'lo has progressed in his career and Okafor is now relegated to hanging onto his career, the chatter has gotten less. That said, I still see a few of the same names try to hit and run in this thread. It's pathetic.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Okafor boys still mad. 😂

Seriously.

Not really at all. He refuses to play any style other than ball dominant. He wasnt even the leader of the Nets last year. Tired of hearing people say this. Dinwiddie was the leader.

DLo did exactly what he did here when joining the Warriors. Lackadaisical attitude, disappeared when he wasn’t getting to control the ball, and generally played inconsistent. It was a doomed marriage from the start, one that was o my arrange so he could be used as an asset down the line.

Did anyone really believe Kerr when he talked about how good they could be offensively and Klay would be just fine playing the 3? I know I surely did not.

And for all the people who love to talk about how BI wouldn’t have worked beside of LbJ/AD. Russell would have struggled even moreso imo.

Bull and pucky. He has a career high TS% while reducing his tov rate while upping his usage, and is shooting far more C&S and off screen shots this season with the Warriors on a team devoid of any offensive talent. He's putting up a 4.8 OBPM so far, which is star production (let's not discuss his defense lol). So even though his usage has gone up, his role was evolving toward being more off-ball with the Warriors.

Here's the 14 guys in the NBA this season averaging 4+ OBPM this season: Link.

And as saeretubia notes above, that "heart and soul" Dinwiddie is still on the Nets with a similar squad plus Kyrie Irving for 20 games and they have a .451 winning %age so far this season compared to a .512 winning %age last season.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
hype wrote:
MJST wrote:

The Warriors feel like

Steph
Russell
Klay

Steph
Klay
Wiggins

I think but to what extent I don't know either.

However the Warriors have the potential of drafting James Wiseman and adding him to a roster of Curry, Klay and Wiggins at the 1,2 and 3. That's a dangerous prospect in any aspect.

7 foot 1, 7'6 wingspan 231 at his smallest(so I'm guessing as he grows into himself he'll be around 245-250. I'd say that he'd fit the Warriors just fine and give them a top 3 draft pick center to a team with two superstars and one all-star potential. The Warriors have a lot to be excited about tbh, but the most important thing for them is Klay and Curry being healthy.

Wiseman sucks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 97 of 100
Jump to: