Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TNT crew highly disrespecting this Lakers team.

Surprisingly not Sir Charles. Shaq has them getting 50 wins. Of course he's biased.

He also said he can see them getting 45... less then what Minny and OKC got with less talented roster last year.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Lakers have a 15-game losing streak to the Blazers.

Jesus, that will change soon.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Interested to see how we look in a real game. Training camps and preseasons for every team - even the lottery bound ones - are always about how great everyone looks and how well the team is doing and how it’s one of the best teams these guys have ever been on with the hardest workers. It’s not until real nba game action happens that we start to see what our potential will be. Can’t wait. If we are above 0.500 20 games in, I will be incredibly stoked about our potential going forward.
walter mccarty
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Good to see the league back. Celtics looking solid, Tatum is looking like a real force in this league already both on offense and defense. Sixers looking like more of the same, no big changes in any of the young guys so far. Simmons still can't shoot outside the key or make free throws, and fultz still hasn't shown any strengths, made a couple jump shots but he looks the same from last year. No visible upward progression for those two from what was seen in that first game.

Dubs looking solid as usual, still moving the ball and their players with ease and defending at a high level. OKC clearly undermanned without Russ but they still just don't move the ball that well, a ton of isos and people standing around watching PG score.

Soon comes the lakeshow!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

walter mccarty wrote:
Good to see the league back. Celtics looking solid, Tatum is looking like a real force in this league already both on offense and defense. Sixers looking like more of the same, no big changes in any of the young guys so far. Simmons still can't shoot outside the key or make free throws, and fultz still hasn't shown any strengths, made a couple jump shots but he looks the same from last year. No visible upward progression for those two from what was seen in that first game.

Dubs looking solid as usual, still moving the ball and their players with ease and defending at a high level. OKC clearly undermanned without Russ but they still just don't move the ball that well, a ton of isos and people standing around watching PG score.

Soon comes the lakeshow!

Sixers looked like they aren’t trying to challenge the EC, I won’t be totally shocked if the Bucks end up being better then Philly.
walter mccarty
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
walter mccarty wrote:

Soon comes the lakeshow!

Sixers looked like they aren’t trying to challenge the EC, I won’t be totally shocked if the Bucks end up being better then Philly.

I agree, will be interesting to see the new look raptors as well, they may be the true challenger to the C's. Seems like in today's NBA, the ingredients for winning are defensively switching 1-5 smoothly and efficiently, rockets did this and turned GS into an iso ball team for several games before they took back control of that series. On offense, it looks like just great ball and off ball player movement. GS has mastered both of these. With the rockets new roster, I don't think they'll be able to switch so easily anymore, ariza and mbah moute were great high iq defenders although limited offensively.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

walter mccarty wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
walter mccarty wrote:

Soon comes the lakeshow!

I agree, will be interesting to see the new look raptors as well, they may be the true challenger to the C's. Seems like in today's NBA, the ingredients for winning are defensively switching 1-5 smoothly and efficiently, rockets did this and turned GS into an iso ball team for several games before they took back control of that series. On offense, it looks like just great ball and off ball player movement. GS has mastered both of these. With the rockets new roster, I don't think they'll be able to switch so easily anymore, ariza and mbah moute were great high iq defenders although limited offensively.

Celtics should have there way in the EC, unless KL looks like a dominate player and there other players are making good contributions.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Easy win

McCollum secretly hates Lillard

Wish CJ was a Laker, he has more championship mentality then Lillard IMO.

You're nuts.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Chuck guaranteed that Portland will beat the Lakers tomorrow...

Bet that up, Chuck. BRING IT.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Chuck guaranteed that Portland will beat the Lakers tomorrow...

Bet that up, Chuck. BRING IT.

It’s on Thursday not tomorrow
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Easy win

McCollum secretly hates Lillard

Wish CJ was a Laker, he has more championship mentality then Lillard IMO.

You're nuts.

That’s the beauty of it just being my opinion, I just think Lillard doesn’t have what it takes to lead a team, he completely disappeared last year in the playoffs.. at least CJ stepped up in some fashion.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject:

What you love about CJ's game is he can hurt you being ball dominant, and he can still cause the same problems for opposing defenses off ball. You can plug him into any system just like Klay and he'll be effective.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject:

GameDay!!!
A win in Portland, on opening night would be a huge tone setter.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
GameDay!!!
A win in Portland, on opening night would be a huge tone setter.

This. Would be HUGE. Esp considering our streak.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

Not quite gameday, it's tomorrow, right?

I don't like the very first game out of the gates being in Portland. This team still has a lot of new pieces learning to fit together and Portland has virtually no changes to the starting lineup from last year's squad.

Come mid-season this team could be good enough to humiliate the Blazers in either arena. But for now, in Portland, where every Laker game is still treated like an NBA title series game I expect a long night filled with Laker hustle getting trumped by Blazer trips to the foul line and Lillard scoring off falling away blind heaves from half court. We'll see.

IF the Lakers manage to get a win in Portland right out of the gates, that would surprise me, but it would be a very, very good omen.
Mamba&Magic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

I worry Portland comes out and plays an emotional game to represent for Paul Allen, plus we have historically had issues in Portland. I'll be watching either way, and may have to check StubHub or SeatGeeks tomorrow and see what tix are running? Maybe I'll show up there!
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
eureca wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I didn't catch it all but was it just Charles? Charles has bashed them throughout the summer so I am not surprised. I thought Kenny gave them a lot of props during NBA TV's open court show recently. Not sure what Shaq's opinion is about the team. When I turned it on I just heard Charles bashing them and Kenny defending them.

He thinks our ultimate ceiling is 2nd round.

Charles has a history with LeBron, so even if we had KD and AD paired with LeBron he’d still say we are garbage. I think it was great that LeBron called Charles out for the crap he said and did during his playing days. Someone needed to.

Pretty surprised that given the magnitude of the LeBron signing the Lakers weren’t put on opening night against the Celtics or something. Not even tonight either.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
eureca wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I didn't catch it all but was it just Charles? Charles has bashed them throughout the summer so I am not surprised. I thought Kenny gave them a lot of props during NBA TV's open court show recently. Not sure what Shaq's opinion is about the team. When I turned it on I just heard Charles bashing them and Kenny defending them.

Charles has a history with LeBron, so even if we had KD and AD paired with LeBron he’d still say we are garbage. I think it was great that LeBron called Charles out for the crap he said and did during his playing days. Someone needed to.

Pretty surprised that given the magnitude of the LeBron signing the Lakers weren’t put on opening night against the Celtics or something. Not even tonight either.

Agreed but I'm kind of glad we play Portland first game.
Both teams will play hard and the Blazers will be more motivated than ever due to the passing of PA. However it's the debut of the "King" plus we definitely need to get that losing streak "monkey off our back."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

Mamba&Magic wrote:
I worry Portland comes out and plays an emotional game to represent for Paul Allen, plus we have historically had issues in Portland. I'll be watching either way, and may have to check StubHub or SeatGeeks tomorrow and see what tix are running? Maybe I'll show up there!

DO IT Mamba&Magic!
The team will need all the fan support that you can muster!
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

Got super excited thinking the game was last night...turns out it was Thursday.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

* HYPE VIDEO
LEGACY
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
* HYPE VIDEO
LEGACY

Love it!..Wish it was longer....I"m going against the grain and taking the Lakers tomorrow. If I'm wrong I'm blaming the video.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
pio2u wrote:
* HYPE VIDEO
LEGACY

Love it!..Wish it was longer....I"m going against the grain and taking the Lakers tomorrow. If I'm wrong I'm blaming the video.

GO LAKERS!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Mamba&Magic wrote:

Yeah, win one for the Gipper intensity. However, they get up for the Lakers damn near every single matchup no matter where it is. Reminds me of how the Lakers beat the Mavs fifty-leven times from 1991-2002. That's always a tough venue, but you can bet your ass they're gonna wanna beat Brawn on his first night out. He may have to bust his ass if he wants that first win. I hope someone has told him about that 15 loss streak.

Then again, you never know which teams are gonna start off slow and tired. There's a bunch of em every year. I remember thinking that they were gonna probably lose that opener up there in 2000/01, but Lakers pulled it out in the 3rd and it became a laffer. Rider got a full court run for a dunk and he stuck his tongue out. Portland paper called it "the 8th game" if you can believe that.

We shall see. That's why they lace em up.

Of course, they could also come out and hit everything and LA gets their arses beat, but at least we can write it off as standard issue.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
eureca wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's not disrespectful
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 2 of 74
Jump to: