2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Didn't think of this but Bryce Harper leaves the Nationals and they finally advance in the playoffs....

Of course, everyone hated playing with that guy.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Blame pie:
1. AJ
2. Corey
3. Dave Roberts
4. Kershaw
5. Joe

Do we know what Kelly's mystery ailment was? I can't really get on him too much for that reason. With a competent closer behind him he never sniffs the 10th.

Last edited by greenfrog on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

Can Lux play shortstop?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

epak wrote:
Can Lux play shortstop?

That was his position in the minors.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

^
I didn't like Seager's approach even before the injuries struck, but at least then he was undeniably quite a talent. But now it's still a bad approach and he's going to get more expensive in arbitration going forward and, well, he probably still has a bit of trade value. I say, cash him in before he gets much more expensive. I don't know if he's going to get any better, truthfully.

It's not that he's a bad regular season player, putting up 4.0 WAR at a weak position. I just don't like his AB's. That's never going to change, for me.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
epak wrote:
Can Lux play shortstop?

That was his position in the minors.

Awesome. Then I'm for trading Seager.
Rendon, Lux, Muncy and Turner sounds nice on paper.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I didn't like Seager's approach even before the injuries struck, but at least then he was undeniably quite a talent. But now it's still a bad approach and he's going to get more expensive in arbitration going forward and, well, he probably still has a bit of trade value. I say, cash him in before he gets much more expensive. I don't know if he's going to get any better, truthfully.

It's not that he's a bad regular season player, putting up 4.0 WAR at a weak position. I just don't like his AB's. That's never going to change, for me.

Yep. He's Mr. REGULAR season.
He and Clayton
spamurai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

i'm really curious what's going to happen with Friedman in the off-season. is he gonna bounce and take the Red Sox job?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Also, this was yet another post season we squander WSMVP David Freese, who was hitting very well in his limited opportunities.

So many things are bugging me. So many managerial misplays.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

If Roberts is sacked and ends up in SanFran, it would explain a lot of things...
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject:

spamurai wrote:
i'm really curious what's going to happen with Friedman in the off-season. is he gonna bounce and take the Red Sox job?

i think friedman is as good as gone, if you are POBB, you win 106 games and you lose in the first round in the fashion you did, you clearly dont deserve to keep your job. I dont even know who is out there..

Roberts isnt going to get fired, i just merely think he's a pawn in that mess of a front office

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
spamurai wrote:

i think friedman is as good as gone, if you are POBB, you win 106 games and you lose in the first round in the fashion you did, you clearly dont deserve to keep your job. I dont even know who is out there..

Roberts isnt going to get fired, i just merely think he's a pawn in that mess of a front office

There’s no way they let Friedman go

Not many guys can build a competitive team while staying under the luxury tax
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

Dodgers will never win a WS as long as Dave Roberts and Clayton Kershaw are on this team.

So sick of the same bs every freaking year.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

Kerchoke is even worse than peyton manning comes to artistry of choke. peyton's prime coincided with tom brady's, and he did win one SB with his original team. when kershaw was in his prime, he was head and shoulders above all starting pitchers at that time, but in the post seasons he'd just flamed out. i just can't stand another look of that frustrating facial expression after another choke job, this guy is bad luck to this franchise. regular season MPV and longevity means little in my book when you constantly choking in the post seasons.

now move on to dave roberts. that guy has no freaking clue comes to managing relievers. when everyone's calling for Jansen's head during regular season, he kept threw him back in. for once Jansen had a decent outing in game 3 of this series, and conveniently no sign of him last night when moments calls on him.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Kerchoke is even worse than peyton manning comes to artistry of choke. peyton's prime coincided with tom brady's, and he did win one SB with his original team. when kershaw was in his prime, he was head and shoulders above all starting pitchers at that time, but in the post seasons he'd just flamed out. i just can't stand another look of that frustrating facial expression after another choke job, this guy is bad luck to this franchise. regular season MPV and longevity means little in my book when you constantly choking in the post seasons.

now move on to dave roberts. that guy has no freaking clue comes to managing relievers. when everyone's calling for Jansen's head during regular season, he kept threw him back in. for once Jansen had a decent outing in game 3 of this series, and conveniently no sign of him last night when moments calls on him.

Yeah they never removed him from the closer’s role in the reg season but they sure were afraid to go to him in the postseason
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Yeah they never removed him from the closer’s role in the reg season but they sure were afraid to go to him in the postseason

i was calling for the team to swap kelly for Jansen as closer with a month to play in the regular season. i think the frustration with jansen's play/attitude and robert's stubbornness indirectly affect kelly's psychic as well. he was pitching great in aug-sept.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

That was like a nightmare last night, I want to get it out of my head but I can't.

Thanks Dodgers
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

At least we learn who the ace of the staff is ... Walker Friggin Beuhler
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

time to get rid of the old guards: Kercoke, Jansen and Seager (he's not that old in age but he has worn out his welcome here). i would let Ryu walk too, the odds of him repeating this season's performance is pretty slim given his health history. need to get rid of those sabermorons in the front office, sign some big name pitchers for a change god da**t.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
time to get rid of the old guards: Kercoke, Jansen and Seager (he's not that old in age but he has worn out his welcome here). i would let Ryu walk too, the odds of him repeating this season's performance is pretty slim given his health history. need to get rid of those sabermorons in the front office, sign some big name pitchers for a change god da**t.

Roberts has made questionable decisions in every postseason that has hurt the team's WS chances and the time to make a change was this past offseason. Kershaw just doesn't have what it takes to get to the next level, and his fastball gets worse each season. Same with Jansen. Seager may need to be jettisoned before his value really starts to plummet. Buehler has the bulldog mentality you want from an ace. I don't think the front office needs major changes, but they definitely need to re-evaluate their roster building. They've built and handled a pitching staff that's great for the regular season because you can mask a lot of deficiencies, but the playoffs is a different beast and Roberts continues to put players in roles that they're not comfortable doing. There's going to have to be some big changes in the offseason. Buehler got no help and he's pitched gems each outing.

Last edited by LAkers 4 Life on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

Dodgers never addressed their postseason flaws from last year....plenty of blame to go around this offseason. It hurts but at least this playoff disaster will finally be addressed instead of making minimal improvements and hoping to compete. Also Dave Roberts might be the manager to get you to a playoff run but I dunno if he's getting his calls from the front office or just making really bad decisions when it counts. Its time for him to go. Also watching Buehler tear up when he was interviewed by reporters, this damn team is starting to ruin the psyche of our young players. Changes need to be coming.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^

Kersh and Roberts are taking all the blame but if Seager had just gotten on base in the bottom of the 9th instead of striking out for third time, he would have been in scoring position with no outs when Kike singled.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Dodgers never addressed their postseason flaws from last year....plenty of blame to go around this offseason. It hurts but at least this playoff disaster will finally be addressed instead of making minimal improvements and hoping to compete.

They have several players up for arbitration, with Bellinger being the biggest one. They will need to replace Ryu and Hill if either doesn't re-sign. They need to address obvious bullpen and lineup concerns. The only saving grace is that most of their past mistakes will finally be off the books. I looked up their salary breakdown and they have like $41 million in dead money that will be off the books. Unfortunately the Kazmir mistake will still cost them a couple years at $8 million each year. Imagine the moves they could have made if they didn't carry so much of the dead weight all of these years. The luxury tax limit should not be an issue with the team at a shade under $125 million before arbitration for next season. Very big decisions ahead for this franchise.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Roberts is too tied to the hip to Kershaw's playoff redemption story. Maeda was playing great in the playoffs and should have gotten the eighth, or Kolarek for match-up purposes. Taking Kershaw out of his comfort zone was a disaster just waiting to happen. The only surprise is that it happened in the NLDS and not against the cards in the NLCS. That could have been his true redemption story if he overcame the cards in the NLCS.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
spamurai wrote:

There’s no way they let Friedman go

Not many guys can build a competitive team while staying under the luxury tax

I get that but they wont go out and spend, last two winter meetings they just sat down and saw all the players go to different teams, and we did the insanity approach (doing same thing same results) and we havent took any DRASTIC steps to improving the team, but maybe this is the slap in the face they needed to wake the eff up.

Anyways, the people who are calling for Roberts' head, its not happening, arguably one of the more successful coaches that we have had, 2 WS appearances, 2 out of 3 100 win seasons. Unless ownersship brass is as pissed as we, the fans, are then i can see them doing it

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 198 of 248
Jump to: