Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

https://amp.businessinsider.com/nra-told-doctors-to-stay-in-their-lane-2018-11
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
And now all these terrible fires. I can't even believe what this area is having to deal with in the past 30 hours or so.

I am a bit eccentric but I have said since 9/11 if someone really
hated this country wanted to create terror in this country all they
would have to do is light forest fires..
easier than buying airline tickets..

Godspeed to all.. may these times of suffering OPEN our hearts to compassion for all who suffer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It is close to his home in Newbury Park and Wednesday is college night so those younger than 21can get in. My son’s friend said it wasn’t as packed as normal.

I saw the procession transporting the sheriff sergeant’s body from TO to the ME in Ventura. The overpasses were packed with first responders and citizens, there was a great show of respect. If only we could show that respect every day.

Great job by your son VLF, he obviously has his heart in the right place and you are proud of him I am sure.

I can't imagine the thoughts of the people who were there that were also at the shooting in Las Vegas. That is just crazy.

Ron Helus (the officer who was killed) apparently saved quite a few lives with his heroic actions. Rest in Peace Sir, thank you for your service.

The scary thing is that my son starts the Ventura County Sheriff academy in April, some day that could be him. I am sure most have seen the video of the man who lost his son, Cody Coffman. The older gentleman with him, his father in law, is one of my wife’s co workers. She said that there were a lot of tears in their office. And to top it off, he lives in Camarillo Springs and had to evacuate last night. I am not sure how much more a human can handle.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It is close to his home in Newbury Park and Wednesday is college night so those younger than 21can get in. My son’s friend said it wasn’t as packed as normal.

I saw the procession transporting the sheriff sergeant’s body from TO to the ME in Ventura. The overpasses were packed with first responders and citizens, there was a great show of respect. If only we could show that respect every day.

Great job by your son VLF, he obviously has his heart in the right place and you are proud of him I am sure.

I can't imagine the thoughts of the people who were there that were also at the shooting in Las Vegas. That is just crazy.

Ron Helus (the officer who was killed) apparently saved quite a few lives with his heroic actions. Rest in Peace Sir, thank you for your service.
Amen.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The scary thing is that my son starts the Ventura County Sheriff academy in April, some day that could be him. I am sure most have seen the video of the man who lost his son, Cody Coffman. The older gentleman with him, his father in law, is one of my wife’s co workers. She said that there were a lot of tears in their office. And to top it off, he lives in Camarillo Springs and had to evacuate last night. I am not sure how much more a human can handle.

Hits too close to home for me. Ventura County has been ravaged.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Looking pretty bad....lots of homes going up in smoke.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

"I hope people call me insane .. wouldn't that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah ... I'm insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is "hopes and prayers" .. or "keep you in my thoughts" ... every time ... and wonder why these keep happening ..."

Borderline shooter Ian David Long on Instagram as he was committing his murders
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
"I hope people call me insane .. wouldn't that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah ... I'm insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is "hopes and prayers" .. or "keep you in my thoughts" ... every time ... and wonder why these keep happening ..."

Pure evil. Chilling.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Pure evil. Chilling.

It is chilling but even in his last moments this sounds like a plea for help

Sounds like as sick as his actions were he had seen true horror caused by GUNS
repeatedly as a Machine Gunner in the Marines
https://mobile.twitter.com/TaraCopp/status/1060571159371104256?

As long as I get good returns on my War stocks who gives a (bleep) about the Veterans

Quote:

According to an analysis of mass shootings that took place in the United States between 1982 and 2018, the vast majority of shooters were male (98 percent) and had mental health problems. But there’s another common denominator with mass shootings: many of them were veterans.

Approximately 34 percent of the 83 shootings committed by men between the ages of 18 and 59 were veterans, per an analysis by World Beyond War. Veterans also have higher rates of mental health problems than civilians; one study reports that veterans kill themselves at a 50 percent higher rate than civilians, per The Los Angeles Times.

As Hugh Gusterson, professor of international affairs at George Washington University notes to The New York Times, veterans account for 13 percent of the population, “but more than a third of the adult perpetrators of the 43 worst mass killings since 1984 had been in the United States military.” An NBC News timeline of mass shootings carried out by veterans since 2009 shows the extent of this truth
https://heavy.com/news/2018/11/ian-david-long-military-background/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Pure evil. Chilling.

Yep . . . and he's absolutely spot on.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: