Face Facts:there is no "2nd best player" on the team.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

this is sort of backwards. we dont really have a great 1st option. That's the problem with lebron, he needs 2nd options that are better than him. He needs a first option. Kyrie, Love, Wade, Bosh...we need those caliber type guys for lebron to succeed. None of our guys can do that. All those 4 guys were MVP level players without lebron.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
this is sort of backwards. we dont really have a great 1st option. That's the problem with lebron, he needs 2nd options that are better than him. He needs a first option. Kyrie, Love, Wade, Bosh...we need those caliber type guys for lebron to succeed. None of our guys can do that. All those 4 guys were MVP level players without lebron.

Love and Bosh were never MVP level.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I actually think Randle has emerged as a pretty solid #2 guy... Well, for the Pelicans at least.

I thought about Jules this morning. And I think the reason we didn't keep him (and I wanted him here) was b/c of how we wanted to approach the center position. From what I've read, the FO wasn't exactly enthused by Brook's glacial pace and wanted a vertical gravity (i.e. dunker).

That decision all but made Jules's tenure done b/c he can't reliably space the floor enough.

Pels are not doing great despite having IMO one of the best frontcourts. They are overstocked there and their wing depth is suffering. It's no coincidence Jules is playing with bigs who can space the floor in AD/Mirotic.

So do you think Randle is putting up empty\inflated stats right now?

We also could have played him at the 4 and moved Ingram to the 2.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I actually think Randle has emerged as a pretty solid #2 guy... Well, for the Pelicans at least.
he aint a solid #2 on a team thats about to win a ring. he may end up being a solid #3 guy. so someone will say we gave away a #3. not necessarily. him and bron together would cancel out a lot of randle's worth which would mean he would be a role player at best alongside bron.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I thought about Jules this morning. And I think the reason we didn't keep him (and I wanted him here) was b/c of how we wanted to approach the center position. From what I've read, the FO wasn't exactly enthused by Brook's glacial pace and wanted a vertical gravity (i.e. dunker).

That decision all but made Jules's tenure done b/c he can't reliably space the floor enough.

Pels are not doing great despite having IMO one of the best frontcourts. They are overstocked there and their wing depth is suffering. It's no coincidence Jules is playing with bigs who can space the floor in AD/Mirotic.

If he is then Davis must be too. The guy people want to trade half our team for.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
SBR lets not over hype these other guys.

Dwade was the only other MVP candidate.

Kyrie is/was a great finisher, Love looked great with minny a losing team. Bosh looked great on a team that wasnt going anywhere(raptors).

What bron needs is efficient and high quality shot makers. non of our guys are that right now.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Face Facts:there is no "2nd best player" on the team.

Dr. Laker wrote:
Those of us who predicted a deep playoff run with this team did so with the expectation that one of our "young core" players would make a leap playing next to LBJ and have a breakout season. The reality:

The good thing is we as a base are more-or-less attuned to superstar and huh?! after Kobe's final years. Seein em blow the usual huge lead only for LeBron to win it with a few great plays felt really familiar.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Paul George really screwed up this years 2-max plan.

He would’ve actually been a nice fit too, can hit the 3, create his own shot, and play defense. Damn you Paulina.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Paul George really screwed up this years 2-max plan.

He would’ve actually been a nice fit too, can hit the 3, create his own shot, and play defense. Damn you Paulina.

FO could’ve traded for him ..
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

There's a lack of consistency on the Lakers players. It might be because they have no idea when or how much they will play each night due to Luke "Wacky Lineups" Walton.

However, Javale McGee has been the 2nd best player for the Lakers this year.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
The fact that none of these guys can even shoot 80% from the line is very discouraging. Its actually pathetic.

Our two number two picks are at 35 and 33% from 3 and 57% and 64% from the line .. that is awful. We will never be a legitimate title contender with these guys as our starters.

Maybe starters, but certainly not guys who have to touch the ball down the stretch.

Staccatos wrote:
There's a lack of consistency on the Lakers players. It might be because they have no idea when or how much they will play each night due to Luke "Wacky Lineups" Walton.

However, Javale McGee has been the 2nd best player for the Lakers this year.

True @ McGee - and there's the rub. He's the only guy we can count on to give a consistent performance on a nightly basis - 20 to 25 minutes, solid rim protection and make 3/4 of his dunks.

AS FOR THE 38.1 MILLION: If the FO has a wink/nod with KD or KL, great! But I thought we had a wink/nod with PG and we see how that turned out . . .

I'm not necessarily advocating a Beal deal before the TD, but if a X/Beal/Bron/Y/JaVale lineup with 25-ish million in cap space next summer might be worth looking at if we aren't certain about who's coming.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Mirotic is the one you should be pining away for. Kuzma's been a disappointment, but conceptually he does make more sense than Randle next to LBJ.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Not at all. I'm saying there's a particular formula for Jules and it requires a big who can space the floor.

My point is that EVEN IF the Lakers felt Jules couldn't space the floor with JaVale, he could have been devastating off the bench for us and playing starter minutes.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
There is. He's likely playing on the Warriors/Raptors/Hornets/Bucks.

Yep, his nickname is 38 million dollar cap space... but too many dumb asses want to trade him for Beal, because he's "injured" and can't play this year.

Maybe someone needs to make a large cardboard cutout and sit him next to LBJ on the bench with the sign 38 million... #2 option

Because many here are too dense to grasp this in the abstract.

I'm not a fan of punting with LBJ in tow, but seems that LBJ/FO have agreed that it will play out this way.

If we don't have a secret agreement with one of KD/Kawhi/Klay/Khris/Kemba

Then sure, we have to look at options like Beal.

But if we do... then everyone needs to relax.

I believe that money was carved out for a reason... it's annoying that people want to trade it for something worse.

Money was carved out last offseason for a reason and we are still struggling to be a factor in the playoffs.

Its almost like everyone is INTENTIONALLY forgetting what the plan is. It feels like the TWILIGHT ZONE... listening to everyone on this forum and the media "HOT TAKE" machine say trade everyone for anything...

STICK TO THE PLAN!!!
Jarmusch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

His name is Brandon Ingram, he hasnt been as good as most expected but he's way better than kuzma on defense and way better than lonzo on offense, so, by default it's him. Javale has been the second most impactful though
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
SBR lets not over hype these other guys.

Dwade was the only other MVP candidate.

Kyrie is/was a great finisher, Love looked great with minny a losing team. Bosh looked great on a team that wasnt going anywhere(raptors).

What bron needs is efficient and high quality shot makers. non of our guys are that right now.

dwade was once top3 mvp votes, and gets votes many years.
love was top6 mvp votes before joining the cavs.
bosh also got top15 mvp votes before joining the heat.

kyrie is basically an mvp candidate if not with lebron.

the issue is not whether they are mvp candidates. the problem is lebron needs 2 of these guys to succeed. we have none. NOne of our guys are even all stars. Lebron also needs them in their prime, not old versions. Not to mention the ray allens and korvers, etc, he also needs the best 3pt shooters in the league to do well. (If he's so good, why does he need all this)?

not many players have played with so many mvp candidates. kobe played with shaq, thats it. its just frustrating to know that currently this team needs so many different players if we expect to win a ring. we'll see, the league is really nuts right now, so who knows what will happen?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
My point is that EVEN IF the Lakers felt Jules couldn't space the floor with JaVale, he could have been devastating off the bench for us and playing starter minutes.

Randle is on a team ideally constructed for his talents, is putting up career numbers and is not impacting theirW/L total. I fail to see how his presence would make Hart/Ingram/Kuz/Zo better players.

lakersibleed wrote:
Its almost like everyone is INTENTIONALLY forgetting what the plan is. It feels like the TWILIGHT ZONE... listening to everyone on this forum and the media "HOT TAKE" machine say trade everyone for anything...

STICK TO THE PLAN!!!

Remember the 2007 plan?

Again, if KD/KL is a lock, fine, ride it out. If not, don't you think a bird in the hand is better than hoping Kyrie/Klay/et. al. don't reup with their existing teams?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Randle is on a team ideally constructed for his talents, is putting up career numbers and is not impacting theirW/L total. I fail to see how his presence would make Hart/Ingram/Kuz/Zo better players.

It's not about them.

Remember when Kuz was playing backup small ball 5?

Or when Zub got destroyed by LMA?

Not happening with Jules.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

These players lost their identity when LBJ became a Laker and I thought that was going to be a problem. Before LBJ they had a pecking order within the fast paced team Walton had setup for them. It worked well enough to get 35 wins, but would not be enough to make the playoffs.
LBJ comes in and sets the tempo, it now becomes a slower half court game and these young guys have no idea how to handle that style. Most of them in the past got their shots from running the court and getting easy layups and it looked good, however by slowing the pace now you have a hand in your face all the time and you need other skills to score. It's also difficult to be ready when your main star changes from being a passer to a scorer in a matter of minutes. It's like when am I getting the ball, and will I be ready? That creates confusion which in turn causes doubt and lack of confidence. Walton does not have a good half court offense that's why he loves running, the problem with that is that you become weak on defense. Walton's system is similar to the Warriors but he doesn't have the shooters. Now he has to create a system where your top player can succeed and he's not ready. That's why LBJ brushes him off on most plays and becomes the coach on the court. This is not going to work folks Magic did not see this coming and it's making his trade chips look bad.
His big mistake was not trading those overrated young players early for Kawhi Leornard. You never never pass on a proven superstar.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject:

Jarmusch wrote:
His name is Brandon Ingram, he hasnt been as good as most expected but he's way better than kuzma on defense and way better than lonzo on offense, so, by default it's him. Javale has been the second most impactful though

Javale 2nd best, BI 3rd best.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject:

1st LeBron
2nd BI, Zo, Kuz, Hart, Javale

7th et al
8th et al
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject:

If we had PG who comes off the bench?
Kuz most likely.

Ball
PG
LeBron
BI
McGee

That defense!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
If we had PG who comes off the bench?
Kuz most likely.

Ball
PG
LeBron
BI
McGee

That defense!

PG is so freaking stupid. Jesus.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject:

zo
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

Wade was an MVP level guy. Kyrie has never received a single vote for MVP. Love and Bosh only received votes in 2 years following well behind the pack.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: