Ariza traded to Wizards; Pg 79
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
BI and KCP for Ariza and Ayton

sounds good to me

I’d rather have Booker than Ayton. He would give LeBron more help to win now.

could always just flip Ayton to another team
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

If we trade for Ariza, it’s not a setup to a move for AD. Because of his contract, KCP would have had to be a center piece for any trade for Davis.

Sure, we could trade Rondo instead... but we’re not trading him.

My guess is that this is to free up more minutes for Hart, and add another solid veteran to the locker room who we think would be willing to re-sign at a lower price next summer. His skills are pretty much a wash with KCP’s; KCP is just a better FT shooter. Sadly, we would SORELY miss that...
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Now IDEALLY, I would love it if a deal was sending just Lance, Beasley, Zu and a filler like Caruso to acquire Ariza. We would get rid of a lot of fat for a big impactful player while also leaving us room to bring up other more useful players like Travis Wear again, etc.

I think those players could be used to get us another stretch big. Markieff Morris maybe?

Ball/Rondo
BI/Hart
LeBron/Ariza
Kuzma/Morris
McGee/Chandler

That would be a dangerous team in the playoffs.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Now IDEALLY, I would love it if a deal was sending just Lance, Beasley, Zu and a filler like Caruso to acquire Ariza. We would get rid of a lot of fat for a big impactful player while also leaving us room to bring up other more useful players like Travis Wear again, etc.

I think those players could be used to get us another stretch big. Markieff Morris maybe?

Ball/Rondo
BI/Hart
LeBron/Ariza
Kuzma/Morris
McGee/Chandler

Love this idea
OCLakeShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Phx probably leaking this to Woj to create a bidding war...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

Mini Mamba wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball/Rondo
BI/Hart
LeBron/Ariza
Kuzma/Morris
McGee/Chandler

Imagine a Lakers vs Celtics Finals? The drama with Lebron vs Kyrie, along with the two Morris brothers battling each other.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Good point by the poster that said that getting Ariza means that the FO is confident that the team can make a run at the finals this year, Lakers aren’t gonna waste LeBron’s great season, he is making Impact like the 25 year old LeBron, you can be sure that the FO aren’t done making moves once the Ariza trade becomes official.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
would much rather just get him on the buyout market

If Phoenix can find a trade for Ariza with expiring and some asset coming back, then they will take that instead of waiting past the trade deadline to do a buyout and not getting any asset at all.
Suns also save 3 million dollars with an Ariza for KCP swap.

Unless I am mistaken they save about 1.2 million after factoring KCP's 15% trade kicker.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

Ariza makes room for BI to be traded as we lack a bigger wing if BI is traded. SVI has been playing over Lance and company to showcase him. Lakers gunning for AD.

Lakers hear through back channels they can’t get KD so they go for AD now. I would take more depth and the likes of Harris + Harrell for more depths.

We can't trade for AD and sign KD.

Yes, hence trade for AD and aim for depth. This is assuming we know we can’t get KD.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Major fail by the FO if they have to give up draft picks to get Ariza when we could have just signed him as a FA this last offseason and used the draft picks to dump Deng (similar to the deal the Bucks just did for George Hill).
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball/Rondo
BI/Hart
LeBron/Ariza
Kuzma/Morris
McGee/Chandler

Love that idea; we’d likely need to give up a pick as well, but I think it’d be worth it. Would also leave Wagner, Svi and Bonga as our third string...we’d have room for a buyout market signing in Feb/March.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

Ariza makes room for BI to be traded as we lack a bigger wing if BI is traded. SVI has been playing over Lance and company to showcase him. Lakers gunning for AD.

Lakers hear through back channels they can’t get KD so they go for AD now. I would take more depth and the likes of Harris + Harrell for more depths.

some of you guys will find a way to link anything to Ingram being traded

This is the first time I think I’ve mentioned Ingram in a trade. If Lakers keep him and they have success, then great. However, if he is a valuable trade asset that can bring a superstar talent like AD, the Lakers should make that trade. I get it, your sn is indicative that you have a bias towards him. I don’t, but I wouldn’t just throw him away in any trade.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ball/Rondo
BI/Hart
LeBron/Ariza
Kuzma/Morris
McGee/Chandler

Love that idea; we’d likely need to give up a pick as well, but I think it’d be worth it. Would also leave Wagner, Svi and Bonga as our third string...we’d have room for a buyout market signing in Feb/March.

I'm okay giving up 2nd round picks to make this work. For a 1st rounder we need to get a major piece back.

We might be able to get Kief without picks if they blow it up and just want to cut back on salary (they are in the luxury tax)

Last edited by chantruong on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I don't see us trading KCP for Ariza as an upgrade, we would need some other factor in the trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Major fail by the FO if they have to give up draft picks to get Ariza when we could have just signed him as a FA this last offseason and used the draft picks to dump Deng (similar to the deal the Bucks just did for George Hill).

How do you know we could have signed him as a FA? Do you know his agent? Also Lakers had no cap room left to sign Ariza last summer, they also weren’t gonna pay him 15M especially since KCP was a must to make room for LeBron.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

The trade gets complicated if Phoenix has to take back that many players while sending out only Ariza.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
DA1 wrote:
His agent is the infamous Aaron Mintz

I thought his agent is David Lee

Changed agents last year.

Again? I remember he fired Lee back in 2009. He was a prick.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

The trade gets complicated if Phoenix has to take back that many players while sending out only Ariza.

That’s what having a 3rd team is for.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

How do you know we could have signed him as a FA? Do you know his agent? Also Lakers had no cap room left to sign Ariza last summer, they also weren’t gonna pay him 15M especially since KCP was a must to make room for LeBron.

How do you know KCP was a must to make room for Lebron? Do you know his agent?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I don't see us trading KCP for Ariza as an upgrade, we would need some other factor in the trade.

Maybe they're hoping for another "Get out of Jail" bounce from Phoenix like the one they got from Chandler. It does seem a bit self-defeating to trade a "shooter" to get a "shooter".

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_select=Kentavious+Caldwell-Pope&y1=2019&player_id1=caldwke01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Trevor+Ariza&player_id2_select=Trevor+Ariza&y2=2019&player_id2=arizatr01&idx=players

Would they take Lance and crumbs?
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Ariza is a better player than KCP. This is an upgrade for us.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Because when you make a agent happy he does you a favor, Ariza’s agent is Aaron Mintz, both KCP and LeBron are Klutch Clients, getting KCP last summer at the least increased our chances at retaining LeBron.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Because when you make a agent happy he does you a favor, Ariza’s agent is Aaron Mintz, both KCP and LeBron are Klutch Clients, getting KCP last summer at the least increased our chances at retaining LeBron.

But do you know his agent? How do you know this?

Lebron agreed to sign with the Lakers before KCP agreed to resign. Do you really think Lebron wouldn't have signed with the Lakers if the Lakers decided to go after Ariza instead of KCP?

Lakers had $15m to go after Ariza instead of KCP if they wanted to.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

BI, Fultz and Zu to the Suns, Trevor to the Lakers, cash considerations from the Suns to the 76ers.

Last edited by Lakerfan 4 Life on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I'd like to think that though Lebron was likely coming to LA no matter what, our young core made him pick the Lakers over the Clippers, and Magic made him willing to sign a 4 year deal
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 5 of 86
Jump to: