Ariza traded to Wizards; Pg 79
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

Ariza makes room for BI to be traded as we lack a bigger wing if BI is traded. SVI has been playing over Lance and company to showcase him. Lakers gunning for AD.

Lakers hear through back channels they can’t get KD so they go for AD now. I would take more depth and the likes of Harris + Harrell for more depths.

some of you guys will find a way to link anything to Ingram being traded

Doubtful that NO wants Ingram over AD.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Ariza gives us so much added defensive versatility, this would be a no brainer trade. People are missing the point being against this - its shooter for shooter + a large defensive boost.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Major fail by the FO if they have to give up draft picks to get Ariza when we could have just signed him as a FA this last offseason and used the draft picks to dump Deng (similar to the deal the Bucks just did for George Hill).

How do you know we could have signed him as a FA? Do you know his agent? Also Lakers had no cap room left to sign Ariza last summer, they also weren’t gonna pay him 15M especially since KCP was a must to make room for LeBron.

How do you know KCP was a must to make room for Lebron? Do you know his agent?

Because when you make a agent happy he does you a favor, Ariza’s agent is Aaron Mintz, both KCP and LeBron are Klutch Clients, getting KCP last summer at the least increased our chances at retaining LeBron.

But do you know his agent? How do you know this?

Lebron agreed to sign with the Lakers before KCP agreed to resign. Do you really think Lebron wouldn't have signed with the Lakers if the Lakers decided to go after Ariza instead of KCP?

Lakers had $15m to go after Ariza instead of KCP if they wanted to.

Isn’t it coincidence that both KCP and LeBron basically signed at the same time, I gotta think both parties had a wink-wink deal... if KCP gets traded to get more PT that is another favor for Rich Paul, this is all apart of making a agent happy.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I can see why KCP's agent would agree to a trade where he can get more minutes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Now IDEALLY, I would love it if a deal was sending just Lance, Beasley, Zu and a filler like Caruso to acquire Ariza. We would get rid of a lot of fat for a big impactful player while also leaving us room to bring up other more useful players like Travis Wear again, etc.

You should expect then to get 4 players in return
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Major fail by the FO if they have to give up draft picks to get Ariza when we could have just signed him as a FA this last offseason and used the draft picks to dump Deng (similar to the deal the Bucks just did for George Hill).

How do you know we could have signed him as a FA? Do you know his agent? Also Lakers had no cap room left to sign Ariza last summer, they also weren’t gonna pay him 15M especially since KCP was a must to make room for LeBron.

Because when you make a agent happy he does you a favor, Ariza’s agent is Aaron Mintz, both KCP and LeBron are Klutch Clients, getting KCP last summer at the least increased our chances at retaining LeBron.

I'd like to think that though Lebron was likely coming to LA no matter what, our young core made him pick the Lakers over the Clippers, and Magic made him willing to sign a 4 year deal

Sure that can be true, but Rich Paul was probably more enticed to do the Lakers a favor when they bought back his client, no one knew KCP’s role would be diminished this year, that is why they are trying to move him to a team that can help him get his decent contract next year, the Lakers know how to operate when it comes to making business moves.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrantGoldberg/status/1071945730598723585

Lakers jersey looks good on Ariza
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
awntawn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I'd like to think that though Lebron was likely coming to LA no matter what, our young core made him pick the Lakers over the Clippers, and Magic made him willing to sign a 4 year deal

Sure that can be true, but Rich Paul was probably more enticed to do the Lakers a favor when they bought back his client, no one knew KCP’s role would be diminished this year, that is why they are trying to move him to a team that can help him get his decent contract next year, the Lakers know how to operate when it comes to making business moves.

i thought they were diminishing kcp so that they showcase hart and kuz etc, to use for a trade later. but thats just me. i also dont think kcp for ariza is a big deal, its a wash. and i wouldnt do it because we already have kcp our only good ft shooter and 3pt shooter.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible that Lakers can get AD and Ariza if the third team is the Pelicans?
AD, Ariza to Lakers
Ball to Suns
BI, KCP, 1st round pick and another player from Suns to Pelicans
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
awntawn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

i thought they were diminishing kcp so that they showcase hart and kuz etc, to use for a trade later. but thats just me. i also dont think kcp for ariza is a big deal, its a wash. and i wouldnt do it because we already have kcp our only good ft shooter and 3pt shooter.

But Hart is a better 3pt shooter
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
awntawn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I agree, if anything KCP is playing much better lately then Ariza has all season. The games I have watched so far this season of Ariza, he hasn't looked like his old self at all and his stats mirror that. Ariza is a bit of an upgrade defensively but even that isn't huge.

Obviously, if it's part of a bigger trade to make things work then it's pretty much a wash and not a big deal either way imo even though it would be cool to see Ariza in a Lakers jersey again I guess.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuBQ74QUcAA88Ra?format=jpg&name=medium

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

It has to be KCP. Not sure if this has been addressed, but why would it need to be a 3 team trade? Why not just trade directly with The Suns? Because KCP has a no trade provision in his contract (due to one-year contract players losing bird rights in a trade) and won't sign off on a trade to the tanking Suns. They are trying to find a third team that KCP will agree to not to veto.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Yummy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I read an idea on twitter where possibly to send kcp. Indiana or Minnesota?
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
It has to be KCP. Not sure if this has been addressed, but why would it need to be a 3 team trade? Why not just trade directly with The Suns? Because KCP has a no trade provision in his contract (due to one-year contract players losing bird rights in a trade) and won't sign off on a trade to the tanking Suns. They are trying to find a third team that KCP will agree to not to veto.

The Suns want a playmaking guard and draft picks in a three-way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Ariza can be traded until January 15. Apologies if already discussed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Arizona media confirming the trade talks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/2261051002
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure how this makes us better since KCP is no slouch defensively. Ariza can guard bigger dudes, but has he been guarding this year? Ariza shooting 36% overall and 34% from three. KCP 38% overall, 34% from three. So I guess, we'll be getting more of the same clanks and occasional buckets. KCP is starting to turn the corner and % seems to be on the upward trend.

I won't cry though since both are expiring and not part of the future.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

The Suns want a playmaking guard and draft picks in a three-way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Ariza can be traded until January 15, not December 15. Sorry, if already discussed.

He is eligible on Dec 15th. Still, if I am KCP I am vetoing a Suns trade.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I'm not sure how this makes us better since KCP is no slouch defensively. Ariza can guard bigger dudes, but has he been guarding this year? Ariza shooting 36% overall and 34% from three. KCP 38% overall, 34% from three. So I guess, we'll be betting more of the same clanks and occasional buckets.

I won't cry though since both are expiring and not part of the future.

I believe Ariza has more to offer to a competitive team than the Phoenix Suns , but thats just me
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

No they’re not.

They are regurgitating the Woj/ESPN mention.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

I feel like Ariza is more active than KCP. Moves more without the ball, cuts, runs the floor. Puts the opposing defense a bit more on their heels than KCP does.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Is it possible that Lakers can get AD and Ariza if the third team is the Pelicans?
AD, Ariza to Lakers
Ball to Suns

Man the Suns make out like bandits in this trade. They unload a bad contract and in return they get Lonzo Ball - (Lonzo Ball, a player some on here wouldn't even trade for De'Aaron Fox at this point).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No they’re not.

They are regurgitating the Woj/ESPN mention.

Thanks.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
AD, Ariza to Lakers
Ball to Suns

Then the headline would not be about Ariza.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 6 of 86
Jump to: