LAKERS -at- THUNDER – 1-17-19 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Amazing game, amazing win!!!
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the recap. Ingram's good work was obscured to me by his shooting, appreciate your identification of what he'd done well.

Funny what can happen when the guys make 85+% of their FTs. In it, to win it.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

Is it me or did the players last night catching the ball on the move, making it harder for the def to defend.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

Great game. I thought Lonzo, Hart and Kuz were all very impressive. I hope that when Lebron comes back, Luke sees that he needs to do a better job of staggering Lebron and Zos minutes. When Lebron is resting, zo needs to run the point and have the ball in his hands making decisions. Having lance or BI fill that role is such a bad idea, one of our strengths is that between rondo, Lebron and Zo we have 3 of the smartest passers in the game. Having any lineup on the floor that doesn’t have one of those three as the primary ball handler is dumb.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Zubac is growing up and his interview provided a glimpse of his growing understanding of what he needs to do on the court. Banging against Chandler and McGhee has greatly helped him play against physical players like Adams (who is a physical force in the paint).

Zo, Kuz, BI and Hart played focus to put on full display if they were motivated to play beyond giving effort to bringing the required attention at the needed time to details to win games against quality opponents. Hopefully the lesson is learning what it takes to WIN

Sir Charles stayed that it was more of a bad loss for OKC at home then it was a great win for the Lakers. It might be so, but the refs were giving calls for the home team and their players (Russ and PG) had all the chances in the world but were denied against a lineup that has usually folded during crunch time - Great Win for the Lakers

If Randle was still here, Zubac wouldn’t have the space or PT to develop. Randle is a version of “Early Lebron” that would clog the paint even more. Glad that Randle is doing well in NO, hope that Nance will recovers quick from his injury, happy DLO is playing well as a second fiddle and wish the best to Clarkson - who probably will be traded soon
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Great game by the kids. Zo, Zu, Kuz, BI, Hart were a real fab five and showed us that, if they can maintain focus, they can be a dynamic group.

Ok, the Beasley No Shorts thing was embarrassing, but did you notice that that was the turning point of the game? Lakers were down 15 when he put his game shorts on and got in the game. I'm not saying that Beas was the key (he was actually pretty bad), but the No Shorts event was the wake up call! It was the exclamation point to Luke's 'get focused and compete' message! A Phil Jackson-esque Jedi mind trick! **hype over**
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! It was nice to see the entire young core play well last night.

The Lakers are really good when their young guys come to play for the same game.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Thanks DB the write up must have been a labor of love tonight.

Yeah, it was odd, even when they were down big early, I just didn't think OKC could keep that up so I wasn't irked. OKC did keep it up pretty well...but there were some stretches of lockdown D in there, too, during the Lakers first half run.

Quote:

Luke is starting to get a quick hook and with these young bucks that has what you need.

Yeah, I agree. His comments afterward definitely showed he was aware it was a change. I like that he dialed in guys who played with energy and intensity to accomplish what he wanted. If you weren't playing the right way, you sat. Even if you were scoring well, like Kuz early on.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Plus minus for Jan only.

JaVale McGee -69

Killing me.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:

1. Lineup for a major part of the comeback in the second quarter. Lance, Hart, Svi, Mo, and Zu. Would have NEVER expected that against OKC. Two rookies, a second year player, a third string center and Lance killed OKC. Zu comes in down 17 and helps close it down down 10. Mo comes in down 10 and helps close it to down 3.

You got a lot of hungry scrappers in that mix. That benching of Lance in the previous one probably helped here.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
Something that was clear with the eye test was confirmed by the NBA:

"NBA crew chief Tom Washington acknowledged that Westbrook should never have been awarded free throws.

''Upon being able to see the review of the play, we realized that the illegal contact happened prior to his upward motion, so it should have been a side-out,'' Washington said." https://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20190117_LAL@OKC/

Awesome write up DB and great win for the team last night!

We got hosed on that, but we were playing with fire in my opinion by the location on the floor. Very near the three line where he was likely to rise up. If that was at half court or about 40 feet out, I bet they don't call it.

Didn't really like it myself, anyway. Even if we take the foul, they are without timeouts. Now we give them a brief dead ball to organize something. Just challenge the shot. Westbrook was making only wide open ones. Challenged, he was bricking. No way he drains that if Lonzo just challenges. I'd rather see that shot than something set up for George or one of the other hot shooters.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: