empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Somehow, amazingly, Jussie Smollett has been nominated for an NAACP award.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-up-naacp-award-host-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/

So was Donald Sterling.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-up-naacp-award-host-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/

So was Donald Sterling.

After his recording came out though?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

So was Donald Sterling.

I'm not sure. Donald was considered racist before the recording.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

With all these lawyers coming out publicly and pointing out the improper handling of this case I don't know how the FBI and DOJ can come in and find nothing now.

Improper isn't necessarily illegal.

Improper was my description. I'll let the lawyers decide the legality.

Of course. My point is that despite how wildly improper this appears, there may be little that the FBI/DOJ can do.

Yep.. they have a lot of discretion and as stated if it was a nod. wink.. etc.. no evidence of foul play

Just like how they can find reasons not to indict police officers
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

So was Donald Sterling.

I'm not sure. Donald was considered racist before the recording.

Yup. Donald won it in 2009 -- he was a well-known racist (bleep) by that point, although technically the litigation was still on-going. We do not want to "prejudge" was the NAACP's statement, i believe. Interestingly, the organization planned to give him another lifetime achievement award -- imagine a world where donald sterling has TWO lifetime achievement awards from the NAACP - but the story broke and scuttled the organizations plans.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

award for best stuntman - jussie smollett

best special fx - jussie smollett

best makeup - jussie smollett

best new video game - jussie smollet for "Super Nigerian Bros."
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

He didn't win.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/jussie-smollett-skips-naacp-image-awards-chicago-prosecutor/story?id=62053753
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He didn't win.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/jussie-smollett-skips-naacp-image-awards-chicago-prosecutor/story?id=62053753

Well, there's always the Nobel peace prize.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He didn't win.

Well, there's always the Nobel peace prize.

This is Hollywood. They'll never run out of ways to congratulate themselves. I remember when if you didn't win an Oscar, Emmy, Tony or Grammy you had to live without a trophy.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Schmuckets fails to pay city $130,000 by deadline.

Civil Complaint Filing
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Civil Complaint Filing

This behavior is why

He needed incarcerated
Or
Mandatory Psychological Evaluation and Court Supervised Therapy

Not 100% his fault but Chicago's Cops are alll driving around (bleep) pissed off at this racist douche

Their anger leads to minorities being abused.

Smollet needs incarcerated
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Hopefully, we get to hear the evidence now at his civil suit. He should have just paid it. Many already perceive he's guilty anyway but he could have moved on afterwards and started rebuilding his career. Now he'll just continue to be in the news cycle and if all that evidence goes public and the plaintiffs prove their case, it will just confirm what many already suspected.

He better get himself better legal representation. His lawyer who suggested Jussie mistook the two brothers as white men because they may have been wearing whiteface makeup was absurd.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Looks like Jussie will be in the seasons last episodes. His lover came back from London and he's doing the Empire free tour. I think this is the end of Empire.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

This story feels like bad writing. Everyone in it is a villain, and there's really no one to root for.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Dude should have counted his blessings and PAID the city, hell, that $130k is probably LESS than he would be paying a lawyer had it gone to trial.

The best way to put this behind him is to end ALL mention of it in the media.

He is either the biggest idiot in show-biz or taking some incredibly bad advise, well wait a minute, the fact that he pulled this stunt in the first place, pretty much proves he is a moron!

Stupid do stupid things, smart people do smart things...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

have to say....I am not paying that money either. If the police/police union have issues with what took place, then their arrows need to be pointed at Kim Foxx and Judge Watkins. Unless Smollett bribed one of these parties, he is not responsible for their actions.

I get people are mad at how this all unraveled, but Smollett just took an opportunity that anyone in his shoes would have taken in the situation....especially a guilty person. Nothing illegal on his part at that point in my opinion.

An investigation needs to take place regarding Foxx and Watkins.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
have to say....I am not paying that money either. If the police/police union have issues with what took place, then their arrows need to be pointed at Kim Foxx and Judge Watkins. Unless Smollett bribed one of these parties, he is not responsible for their actions.

I get people are mad at how this all unraveled, but Smollett just took an opportunity that anyone in his shoes would have taken in the situation....especially a guilty person. Nothing illegal on his part at that point in my opinion.

An investigation needs to take place regarding Foxx and Watkins.

Uh huh not like Chicago has a reputation for shady deals or any thing. 😜
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

When reporting a false crime harms someone else:

LINK

Quote:
It all started last Monday, when police in Barboursville, West Virginia, US, wrote on Facebook that a woman had called the US emergency number 911 and told dispatchers that a strange man had tried to grab her 5-year-old daughter while she was shopping at a local mall. The woman, later identified in court records as Adams, told them that she had scared the stranger away by pulling out her gun. When officers showed up on the scene a short time later, they spotted a man by the food court who matched the description she had given them, police wrote. He was promptly arrested.

According to court records obtained by the Herald-Dispatch, Adams initially told police that a man who appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent had tried to drag her daughter out of the store by her hair. In a written statement, she claimed that she had pulled out her 9mm Smith & Wesson Shield from its leather holster and pointed it at him, ready to open fire. Zayan had rushed out of the store, she said. She hurried out, too, only to later spot him coming toward her again as she walked through the mall.

But security cameras captured no evidence that Zayan had interacted with Adams or her children at all, and officials said that none of the seven Old Navy employees who were inside the store at the time witnessed the alarming scenario that she had described to police. According to the criminal complaint, surveillance footage showed that Adams calmly exited the store about 15 minutes after she first arrived. Zayan left about 35 seconds later, walking in the opposite direction and never looking in her direction.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
When reporting a false crime harms someone else:

LINK

Quote:
It all started last Monday, when police in Barboursville, West Virginia, US, wrote on Facebook that a woman had called the US emergency number 911 and told dispatchers that a strange man had tried to grab her 5-year-old daughter while she was shopping at a local mall. The woman, later identified in court records as Adams, told them that she had scared the stranger away by pulling out her gun. When officers showed up on the scene a short time later, they spotted a man by the food court who matched the description she had given them, police wrote. He was promptly arrested.

According to court records obtained by the Herald-Dispatch, Adams initially told police that a man who appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent had tried to drag her daughter out of the store by her hair. In a written statement, she claimed that she had pulled out her 9mm Smith & Wesson Shield from its leather holster and pointed it at him, ready to open fire. Zayan had rushed out of the store, she said. She hurried out, too, only to later spot him coming toward her again as she walked through the mall.

But security cameras captured no evidence that Zayan had interacted with Adams or her children at all, and officials said that none of the seven Old Navy employees who were inside the store at the time witnessed the alarming scenario that she had described to police. According to the criminal complaint, surveillance footage showed that Adams calmly exited the store about 15 minutes after she first arrived. Zayan left about 35 seconds later, walking in the opposite direction and never looking in her direction.

She should not be free.. is she? Maximum 6 month penalty? I'd definitely take her children away. She is a (bleep) lunatic (bleep) who needs psychological help but is unwilling to go get it.

Her charge needs upgraded to a Federal Hate Crime so people get the (bleep) point.

look here at the damage and the dumbage at the end

Quote:
The fact that Zayan was visiting from Egypt was viewed as particularly suspicious by some residents. "Really fishy that this man from Egypt was at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville WV," one commenter wrote on the police department's Facebook page on Tuesday morning, after his name was released to the public but before Adams recanted her accusations. "Has to be more to the story. People get trained with your firearm. Get your CCW and always carry!!" Another woman, deeming the incident to be "so very scary," asked, "Why is he here?"

Quote:
She did not respond to questions from reporters gathered outside the courthouse, but appeared to defend herself in a statement sent to WCHS-TV on Thursday.

"I'm thankful I was prepared to protect my daughter regarding a situation that could have gone worse," she told the station.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
why is he here
why is the Middle Easterner here in our mall

Thanks Trump
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

^ If it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that a false crime was intentionally filed/reported, the penalty should be equal or close to what a person would have actually received for actual crime.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Since no one was irreparably harmed, I'm not inclined to think the woman needs to go to jail so much as she needs a psych eval and at the very least some community service and education.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Quote:
why is he here
why is the Middle Easterner here in our mall

Thanks Trump
Though I can't directly attribute the phase to the mother it does give reason to think she may feel that way.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Since no one was irreparably harmed, I'm not inclined to think the woman needs to go to jail so much as she needs a psych eval and at the very least some community service and education.

What about the poor children growing up with this woman

Future Hitler voters?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/14/smollett-attacker-wins-chicago-boxing-competition/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 30 of 35
Jump to: