imagine owning the Lakers. How would you fix this s*** show?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Not giving up Ingram, Zo, and Kuz for PG or Kawhi doesn't speak loudly to you? l

Oh sure, if you go back a couple of years Magic was calling Ingram "untradeable" and Ball "the face of the franchise." But that was back when they were shiny new toys. I'm talking about how things are now, not how they used to be.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
-Let Magic, Pelinka, & Luke go.

-Open those jobs up to the rest of the basketball world, paying top dollar to attract the best and brightest.

-Invest more in the infrastructural components of the organization. Analytics, training staff, player development, etc. Again, paying top dollar.

-Rely heavily on Jesse Buss.

-Barring some jaw-dropping run by him at the end of the season, I'd ask LeBron for a couple of preferred destinations and trade him to one of them. He's still great, but I don't think he's "alter the entire trajectory of the franchise" great anymore.

-Talk to Lonzo, Ingram, & Kuzma and let them know they're not being traded this summer.

-Do not punt cap space again. If you can't sign max guys, sign guys to reasonable long term deals.

-Adjust the expectations of the fans to let them know the intention is to build slow and build strong, which means there are no quick fixes and incremental progress from year to year. If max guys want to sign, great, but the Lakers world doesn't revolve around that anymore.

big words

I agree with most of it

I would still trade any of our young guys for the right price though

Since he wrote

-Invest more in the infrastructural components of the organization. Analytics, training staff, player development, etc. Again, paying top dollar.

I took it to mean that several if not all of the young players would be better if the organization was stronger in the analytics, training and player development areas. It won't be easy to get a top return in a trade when the perception is the player is somewhat behind where he should be.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

This summer I get some preferred spots for Lebron and I dump him, even if I sell low ala Shaq 2004 and Lebron coattails his way to a 4th ring somewhere else.

Rob and Magic need an advisor. And it doesn’t have to be West. That’s not happening. But they need someone that’s done the job before

I 100% KEEP the lotto pick and actually DEVELOP the kid.

I look into ncaa coaching circles for my next coach. I steer clear of the Mark Jackson’s , the Kidd’s of the world.

I’m Jeanie i 100% STOP posting crap on social media after LOSSES. gets me so annoyed when she’s doing selfies with Rambis wife after another home loss. Imagine dr Buss doing that crap?

I look at the market for Ingram and Hart. Lonzo to me is a keeper. Kuzma is a nice bench player cuz of how he can catch 🔥.

I LOWER ticket prices as a gesture of good faith to the fan base that’s had to put up with the filth we’ve seen these past 5 years.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Actions speak louder than words. Randle, Russell, Nance, and Zu -- who were once part of the "young core" -- are now gone. The rest of them have been offered up in trades. I see no reason to think the Lakers are especially committed to building around Ball, Ingram, Kuz and Hart

None of those guys we've gotten rid of are guys that you build a franchise around, and I include D'Angelo Russell in that. So, them being gone doesn't mean that the team isn't still committed to the youth movement. Most players a team drafts are usually gone after their rookie contracts, even for teams that are undergoing youth movements. Look at Philly, of all the players that were part of "The Process", who's left? Simmons, Embiid, and McConnell? Does the fact that they have gotten rid of MCW, Jah, Saric, Convington, etc. mean that they didn't build that team out of their drafted talent?

I mean, are we seriously crying over not paying Nance or Randle $10 million/year? We have Kuzma making $1.5 million, instead. And if we want Randle back, I doubt he's going to opt in to his current contract. We can sign him this offseason, since it looks like the 3-max plan will probably be a pipe dream.

I mean, if we weren't committed to building around Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and Hart, why didn't we just ship a couple of them for Jimmy Butler? Why didn't we trade Ingram for PG?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Actions speak louder than words. Randle, Russell, Nance, and Zu -- who were once part of the "young core" -- are now gone. The rest of them have been offered up in trades. I see no reason to think the Lakers are especially committed to building around Ball, Ingram, Kuz and Hart

None of those guys we've gotten rid of are guys that you build a franchise around, and I include D'Angelo Russell in that. So, them being gone doesn't mean that the team isn't still committed to the youth movement. Most players a team drafts are usually gone after their rookie contracts, even for teams that are undergoing youth movements. Look at Philly, of all the players that were part of "The Process", who's left? Simmons, Embiid, and McConnell? Does the fact that they have gotten rid of MCW, Jah, Saric, Convington, etc. mean that they didn't build that team out of their drafted talent?

Simmons and Embiid were both all-stars by their second season. Our guys, who are in their second and third seasons, don't compare to them as foundational players. So trying to compare us to the 76ers doesn't hold up for me.

I don't see that right now Ball, Ingram, Kuz and Hart are anymore "franchise players" than Russell and Randle were when we let them go, so I don't see why you think their futures are more secured here than Randle and Russell were.

Threatt_Level wrote:

I mean, if we weren't committed to building around Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and Hart, why didn't we just ship a couple of them for Jimmy Butler? Why didn't we trade Ingram for PG?

As I said before, you're talking about the past, I am talking about the present. If the Lakers had a chance to trade a couple of them for George right now, I don't think they'd hesitate for one second.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Bring back randle, fire magic/pelinka

And beg Jerry to come back as consultant and promote Ryan West to GM. And issue a public apology to Mitch.

Then find a way to send bron to NY for their 1st rounder
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
-Let Magic, Pelinka, & Luke go.

-Open those jobs up to the rest of the basketball world, paying top dollar to attract the best and brightest.

-Rely heavily on Jesse Buss.

-Barring some jaw-dropping run by him at the end of the season, I'd ask LeBron for a couple of preferred destinations and trade him to one of them. He's still great, but I don't think he's "alter the entire trajectory of the franchise" great anymore.

-Talk to Lonzo, Ingram, & Kuzma and let them know they're not being traded this summer.

-Do not punt cap space again. If you can't sign max guys, sign guys to reasonable long term deals.

-Adjust the expectations of the fans to let them know the intention is to build slow and build strong, which means there are no quick fixes and incremental progress from year to year. If max guys want to sign, great, but the Lakers world doesn't revolve around that anymore.

Oh so u want to be the nets?

I agree tough
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
Bring back randle, fire magic/pelinka

And beg Jerry to come back as consultant and promote Ryan West to GM. And issue a public apology to Mitch.

Then find a way to send bron to NY for their 1st rounder

No to bringing randle or west back.

Ok to trading Bron tough
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Horrible ideas.

Its called panic.

Our front office is fine. We are going as planned. We need to sign one or more superstars this summer. Magic is a smart business man. Your are all talking like he is Kupchank.

Puke needs to go. He is just not a good coach. Why he was hired in the first place was because he had 10 superstars that went 18 and 0. I said it here first that was horrible idea.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

chains wrote:
Horrible ideas.

Its called panic.

Our front office is fine. We are going as planned. We need to sign one or more superstars this summer. Magic is a smart business man. Your are all talking like he is Kupchank.

Puke needs to go. He is just not a good coach. Why he was hired in the first place was because he had 10 superstars that went 18 and 0. I said it here first that was horrible idea.

Magic is smart businessman but a dummy at talking
You have to agree tough
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

chains wrote:
Horrible ideas.

Its called panic.

I agree, but Magic is that you
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
1. Give Luke a job as special assistant to whatever and get him off that bench.
2. Bring back Phil Jackson. Let him co-coach with Michael Cooper.
3. Trade Lebron James for Anthony Davis
4. Sign KL.
5. Tell our young core you are here to stay, but you must play your hardest night in and night out

I'd do something really similar, except I won't do 1 and 2. I'd add sign Jimmy Butler to this. Too bad AD is with Klutch Sports. I really want to get rid of them.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Take it easy my young chap. Rome was not built in a year. Greatness takes time. U are too young to understand. U all are talking about trading the best player in the world. Relax. Puke is one of our issues. Magic got us one of the big fishes. All of u had a hard on at the time. We have had injuring and we have a sorry ass coach.

VocabuLaker wrote:
chains wrote:
Horrible ideas.

Its called panic.

Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Luke and the FO definitely need to go. None of them are actually good at their jobs and Luke has already been given 3 years to show personal improvement.

I would like to see a coach from the Pop coaching tree rather than random ex-Laker/Phil protege we always get. The same problem exists in the FO because Jeanie is like Luke in that she only hires her friends/Lakers, which we most recently saw with Rambis.

The lack of analytics and development from the team is embarrassing and why the team construction is so bad.

Trading the young players would doom us and they need to stay.

With the way things are going the Lakers are pretty screwed until LeBron leaves unless like two of our young players turn into stars. Mitch and Jim actually had the team in a good position despite the Mozgov and Deng contracts, but Jeanie and Magic are turning the team into the laughingstock of the league because of stupid decisions formed by stupid beliefs.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

chains wrote:
Take it easy my young chap. Rome was not built in a year. Greatness takes time. U are too young to understand. U all are talking about trading the best player in the world. Relax. Puke is one of our issues. Magic got us one of the big fishes. All of u had a hard on at the time. We have had injuring and we have a sorry ass coach.

VocabuLaker wrote:
chains wrote:
Horrible ideas.

Its called panic.

This is ignoring the questionable team Magic put together and how he''s actively destroying the locker room.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You say Kobe/Shaq wanted to come to LA (and discount all the moves that West had to make to clear the space for Shaq and the brass ball it took to take a lanky kid over a proven Vlade Divac) but you don't think LBJ wanted to come to LA too?

My goodness, please at least WIKI Jerry West before spewing that nonsene.

1. Stop avoiding my question about Jerry West great player moves and draft picks during Magic’s era.

2. I said Lebron, Kobe and Shaq all WANTED to come to LA. Magic no credit and Jerry West gets credit.

3. To clear extra space for Shaq. West traded players who were former 1st
round picks for future 2nd round picks. How quickly the trades were completed was awesome.

4. Don’t get me wrong I’m a big fan of Jerry West. I’ve also noticed people love talking trash about Magic, so I decided to let people know Magic the player made West job very easy.

"Once West was officially named GM in 1982, he spent much of the next decade putting a championship-caliber team around his Hall of Famers -- drafting James Worthy in 1982 (and resisting Buss’ desire to trade Worthy to Dallas for Roy Tarpley and Mark Aguirre in 1987); taking Byron Scott out of Arizona State with the fourth pick overall in 1984; drafting A.C. Green near the end of the first round the following year; trading for Mychal Thompson in 1987. Just about every move wasn’t just good, it was great, laying the foundation for the Showtime Lakers."

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/10/16/morning-tip-ranking-best-gms-nba-history-jerry-west-red-auerbach-gregg-popovich
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Sign the second max this summer, like the plan was all along.

Anything short of that is failure.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
troy wrote:
1. Give Luke a job as special assistant to whatever and get him off that bench.
2. Bring back Phil Jackson. Let him co-coach with Michael Cooper.
3. Trade Lebron James for Anthony Davis
4. Sign KL.
5. Tell our young core you are here to stay, but you must play your hardest night in and night out

I'd do something really similar, except I won't do 1 and 2. I'd add sign Jimmy Butler to this. Too bad AD is with Klutch Sports. I really want to get rid of them.

#3 would be fun. First, would NO do the deal? Second, if they did would Lebron report or hold out and cause NO to cancel it? Tons of fun drama in point #3.

#4 would also be fun. Love to see a new owner, who just made it clear that he had no problem screwing a max free agent the team had signed only a year before, try to sign another max free agent. Would KL even meet with him?

#5. And of course, it would be fun to see the young core, who a year ago were told they were untradeable, and then were offered up in a trade, be told they were untradeable again. And told that by the new owner no one trusted because of point #3.

This could bring the palace intrigues and dysfunction the Lakers have long been known for to a whole new level.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject:

Get a second star this offseason. We were #4 in the West until Lebron and rondo got hurt.

Likely Luke is replaced in the offseason.

See if AD trade is possible in the offseason, or wait out until 2020. If KCP gets offered another deal, that might be a sign of a trade in the works, or just place-holding his salary until AD can come in 2020.

As for the rest, the young bucks just need to shoot more consistently and become better free throw shooters. A healthy LeBron next year, and we are set.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

I’d hire Pete as my video coordinator, pay him 3 million a year with a lifetime contract. Only condition is that he’d have to shut LG down, since it’s just a cesspool of bad ideas and unhappy people complaining about a friggin game and trying to internet flex over other people using bad arguments fueled by self loathing. That’s just me tho.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

QFTOS - This topic and several topics on this board.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

Hire a FREE THROW Coach and fire him if he can't get their FT% up, they lost 3 or 4 games this year by not making their FT's...
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I’d hire Pete as my video coordinator, pay him 3 million a year with a lifetime contract. Only condition is that he’d have to shut LG down, since it’s just a cesspool of bad ideas and unhappy people complaining about a friggin game and trying to internet flex over other people using bad arguments fueled by self loathing. That’s just me tho.

Or you could just stay off the internet. It'd essentially do the same thing for you. That's just me tho.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

chains wrote:

VocabuLaker wrote:
chains wrote:
Horrible ideas.

Its called panic.

These are both bad takes.

1. Not everyone was happy when we signed Lebron. I was one of those not happy. Even if they were happy, they are now seeing the true colors. How they felt before is irrelevant. Lebron doesn't fit the Lakers and he has done more damage than good. It was quite obvious that would be the case but not everyone saw it.
2. You claiming greatness takes time is hilarious. If it takes time why try to trade every young asset and why sign a guy THAT HAS NO TIME??? Lakers are doing the exact opposite of taking time. They're rushing things
3. We don't have a sorry ass coach. Just like I believe Blatt wasn't a sorry ass coach. We have a coach that Lebron won't listen to. He wants a puppet at coach and he will pout and act like a 5 year old until he gets his way.
4. One big fish doesn't mean anything. That big fish basically came in and killed all the little fish.
5. Our front office is not fine. It's been god awful and arguably one of the worst in the league. Mistake after mistake.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

It doesnt look good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: