RIP payless shoe stores
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Pro Wings was the classic late 80's / early 90's Payless sneaker brand. I think for a time you could also buy the Voit brand there.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/media.sneakerpedia.com/uploads/sneaker_images/images/43054/large/image.jpg?1362093109
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Pro Wings was the classic late 80's / early 90's Payless sneaker brand. I think for a time you could also buy the Voit brand there.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/media.sneakerpedia.com/uploads/sneaker_images/images/43054/large/image.jpg?1362093109

Damn, I forgot about Voit. Those look like Andre Agassi knockoffs.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

Like Kawhi New Balance?
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone remember the low budget brand that had the 5 on the side? I remember buying a pair at Big 5 but I don't think it was a Big 5 brand.

I hated those.

There are certain stores like Payless that still have me scarred. Pick-n-Save (now Big Lots), 99 cent store, a second-hand store of any kind, Sears, Mervyns. They just remind me of being poor.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
Does anyone remember the low budget brand that had the 5 on the side? I remember buying a pair at Big 5 but I don't think it was a Big 5 brand.

I hated those.

There are certain stores like Payless that still have me scarred. Pick-n-Save (now Big Lots), 99 cent store, a second-hand store of any kind, Sears, Mervyns. They just remind me of being poor.

That's it for me too. I remember constantly being ashamed of how poor we were growing up.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Payless got killed on all sides....not only was internet shopping eating their lunch but think of those big box stores....they all sell discount shoes now......Target, Walmart, Costco, etc.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

I hated those.

That's it for me too. I remember constantly being ashamed of how poor we were growing up.

Damn I LOVED pick n save as a kid! Smurf toys, M.U.S.C.L.E toys!

Anyone old enough to remember the little tiny mini food section (similar to Thirfty’s ice cream) near the entrance inside of every KMart in the late 80s? They had these giant sub sandwiches that were dirt cheap but so tasty.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

I hated those.

Anyone old enough to remember the little tiny mini food section (similar to Thirfty’s ice cream) near the entrance inside of every KMart in the late 80s? They had these giant sub sandwiches that were dirt cheap but so tasty.

ICEE machine at the front of K-Mart, fam

red only

blue flavor = go bots, wcw, roseart crayon etc
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

I hated those.

ICEE machine at the front of K-Mart, fam

red only

blue flavor = go bots, wcw, roseart crayon etc

Blue favor, the rocky 5 of ICEE flavors
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

I hated those.

loved M.U.S.C.L.E toys...and they were cheap so it was something I could get from time to time. The front sections of KMart also always had the big pretzels hanging in the glass case. I recall at least 2 KMarts near where I grew up that had a full cafeteria in the back of the store.....that may have been a regional thing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: