*** BOSTON CELTICS VS LOS ANGELES LAKERS - 3/9/19, 6:30PM, pst***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

IMO Jonathan Williams has earned himself a spot on the bench next season (small ball center/PF 10-12th man).

Undersized but he has the heart and hustle of a champion.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Was there any reason to play Bonga for 6 minutes only while giving Rondo and Caruso 30+ minutes? Luke has just gotta go.

Seriously, looking back at the season... depth was supposed to be our biggest strength and Luke has completely failed to use it. His rotations are senseless... he does not have a: 1) Plan for the game 2) Plan to use the depth available to him, and 3) Plan to develop the young guys. He struck out in all these three areas AFAIC... most coaches at least do 1-2 of these things.

Now you are complaining just to do so.

If I’m reading this right, you wanted Luke to give Mo, Bonga and all the other young guys minutes over vets? During a period where we still had a chance to make the playoffs?

Have you watched Lakers game all season? Mo and J Will did get minutes early on this season, they got outplayed and looked lost. I understood this because I’m sensible. They are rookies, they play one of the toughest positions in the league. So you wanted Luke to give minutes to Bonga instead of Rondo? Are you hearing yourself?

You want to surround Lebron with 1st and second year players? You blame Luke for not letting them learn on the fly?

The reason you are seeing them play now is because we have no post season goal and the injuries are just piling up. What you see them doing out there tonight is called hustle. Combine that with youth and its very exciting. I’m excited to see them play hard. But are you seeing them being lost out there on both ends? Did you see McGee, Lebron and Rondo tell these guys where they are supposed to be? What do you want Luke to do? How would Magic and everyone react to Luke playing Bonga, Mo and a called up J Will over Rondo and McGee.

You see, when we signed Lebron, any learning on the job was thrown out the window.

Denver, SacTown and the Bucks had plenty of time to learn on the job, they didn’t have unrealistic goals. They were bad for years, let the young guys learn together, didn’t sign a bunch of one year contracts. Didn’t trade just to make a trade. Lakers don’t have that opportunity because of fans and a FO with unrealistic expectations.

Help me understand why you think it’s Luke’s fault? I’m tired of the rotation bit. The Lakers have been one of the most injured teams in recent memory. Dept? How when we hardly had a fully healthy team. I’m tired of the no offense bit. Don’t surround Lebron with shooters, miss WIDE OPEN shots, miss FTs and yes, your offensive numbers will look bad. Plus Lebron ball. Not developing players? That’s a lie too. How well are the players he had actual time to coach doing? Like Zu? Like Ingram? Like Zo? Like Kuz. See how well the Lakers play when we have them vs when we don’t. There’s clear progression from the SB Lakers. So clear that you want them to get minutes over the vets. So clearly, you see some development there.

I really want to understand, why a lot of people think it’s Luke’s fault for everything. Why the injuries, the poor shooting, the ever changing rotations. Help me understand, because I’m not seeing it. What I do see is a poorly constructed team. One of the most injured teams in recent memory. Heading into the season nick named from unbiased fans across the country as the “Meme Team”. Came into the seeing knowing we had ZERO shooting and no CENTERS. This was well discussed before the season started. Now everyone is surprised the Lakers are next to dead last in post play +/- and shooting. And to think everyone is blaming Luke for it.

From the start of the season, at the trade deadline, and after the ASB. I don’t see Luke as the major problem. Help me understand why you do.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
IMO Jonathan Williams has earned himself a spot on the bench next season (small ball center/PF 10-12th man).

Undersized but he has the heart and hustle of a champion.

I hope we can get him and possibly Caruso a full time partially guaranteed contract for next year.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:
1) Now you are complaining just to do so.

2) Have you watched Lakers game all season?

3) I don’t see Luke as the major problem. Help me understand why you do.

1) I am not complaining for the heck of it... I am trying to find positives even in this crap situation that we're in and seeing none.

2) I've missed watching 8 games of our entire season, and I usually watch from start to finish.

3) I've also said that upper-management has done poorly in other threads... but Luke is also a major contributing factor to how poorly we've played this season AFAIC. We need someone with a better plan in almost every area... whether that is in-game control and/or usage of players, as well as in player development and management. Anyway, I'm not feeling the need to write a long rebuttal to convince you... after all, you're not in charge of decision making at the club... if you were, then I'd attempt to. AFAIC, he needs to be let go off starting the 1st day after the end of this season.

PS: A further point... if our coach is not involved in roster building in any way... or is not involved in setting up specific programs to improve young players in areas they need to improve in (example: Lonzo's shooting, BI's weight)... and if he over-uses certain players to the point of injury (example: such as using Kuzma through injury without using Wagner at all)... then I also hold him jointly responsible for these things... what the heck is he a coach for?

Cheers

Last edited by LAL1947 on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Despite the overall bad news throughout the day, this game was at least entertaining. Absolutely love to see agenda-free, ego-less basketball and once the young unproven guys showed it, the entire team followed right behind.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

Season starts today, 46-36.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Season starts today, 46-36.

BUCK FOSTON...... the end .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15
Jump to: