Steph Curry has had eye issues he’s had his whole career; finally gets contacts

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Steph Curry has had eye issues he’s had his whole career; finally gets contacts

Steph Curry broke out of a recent sub-37% 3PT shooting slump by putting on contact lenses to fix eye issues he’s had his whole career, per @ThompsonScribe
https://twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/1113473762387562496

Um....
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Steph Curry has had eye issues he’s had his whole career; finally gets contacts

MJST wrote:
Steph Curry broke out of a recent sub-37% 3PT shooting slump by putting on contact lenses to fix eye issues he’s had his whole career, per @ThompsonScribe

Um....

is there some reason he doesn't get surgery on his eyes? Seems commonplace nowadays
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

oh so guy was shooting l i g h t s o u t even though he couldn't see, but now he can?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Steph Curry has had eye issues he’s had his whole career; finally gets contacts

VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:

Um....

is there some reason he doesn't get surgery on his eyes? Seems commonplace nowadays

I have keratoconus too and usually when you have that you cant get corrective surgery like lasik because the way your cornea will continue to degenerate is too unpredictable, plus the cornea is already too thin and shaving some of it off prolly wont help anything anyway

I had to just get a transplant, but my vision was waaaay worse than his
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject:

Maybe Lonzo and Markelle also need contacts?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Steph Curry has had eye issues he’s had his whole career; finally gets contacts

anpherknee wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:

Um....

I have keratoconus too and usually when you have that you cant get corrective surgery like lasik because the way your cornea will continue to degenerate is too unpredictable, plus the cornea is already too thin and shaving some of it off prolly wont help anything anyway

I had to just get a transplant, but my vision was waaaay worse than his

thx I did not know. My son had the surgery years ago with no problems
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
oh so guy was shooting l i g h t s o u t even though he couldn't see, but now he can?

The Force is strong in this one.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

The Force is strong in this one.

most likely is that it made him focus more on the task at hand finding the basket
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I mean, the guy has played 610 less games than Allen and 709 less games than Miller, and yet he is only 500 3PT FG made behind Allen and 91 behind Miller?

Hands down the best shooter this league has ever seen.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

this is such a story. all season the curry stories have been dumb.

halfway through the season, all these articles about how curry is ACTUALLy more important than KD lol. so they support it with all their stats and complicated logic. What's so wrong with KD being the most valuable player there? hmmm.....
there aint NO way a little shorty is going to be more valuable than a mobile, lanky 7-foot freak like KD...when they both are practically the same with shooting ability.

NOw... the news of Curry and the contacts. So amazing!! You mean all this time, he was doing it and he couldn't even see???!!! wth! he must be a wizard. He might be able to just shoot spotups from half court now. truly amazing.

Curry is an IDIOT if he needs a prescription and wasn't using it. You guys realize he has like 50 of the best doctors servicing him at all times. Well, most likely, he is not an idiot and this story is a bunch of hogwash. maybe his prescription is very slight or something. who knows.

this is like that video showing curry making like 70 threes in a row. What nobody mentions...like a lot of players, not even pros, can do that also. First, the video doesn't even show the whole thing, but even if it did big whoop. it's not unbelievable or that rare. Arenas just posted a video where he made 96/100 and you can watch every single one. Now that is probably the best anyone will be able to do.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Steph Curry has had eye issues he’s had his whole career; finally gets contacts

VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:

Um....

the reason is this story is dumb.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
this is such a story. all season the curry stories have been dumb.

halfway through the season, all these articles about how curry is ACTUALLy more important than KD lol. so they support it with all their stats and complicated logic. What's so wrong with KD being the most valuable player there? hmmm.....
there aint NO way a little shorty is going to be more valuable than a mobile, lanky 7-foot freak like KD...when they both are practically the same with shooting ability.

NOw... the news of Curry and the contacts. So amazing!! You mean all this time, he was doing it and he couldn't even see???!!! wth! he must be a wizard. He might be able to just shoot spotups from half court now. truly amazing.

Curry is an IDIOT if he needs a prescription and wasn't using it. You guys realize he has like 50 of the best doctors servicing him at all times. Well, most likely, he is not an idiot and this story is a bunch of hogwash. maybe his prescription is very slight or something. who knows.

this is like that video showing curry making like 70 threes in a row. What nobody mentions...like a lot of players, not even pros, can do that also. First, the video doesn't even show the whole thing, but even if it did big whoop. it's not unbelievable or that rare. Arenas just posted a video where he made 96/100 and you can watch every single one. Now that is probably the best anyone will be able to do.

jesus christ enough with you
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

i'm curious what is the problem with what i said. the only problem i see is calling curry an idiot, hypotehtically...which i even dont believe.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
i'm curious what is the problem with what i said. the only problem i see is calling curry an idiot, hypotehtically...which i even dont believe.

The problem is quite obvious.

You discounted Curry. You highlighted the ability to see something on video to believe it. You discounted the importance of stats.

This is all certified Superboy. However, you did not call Lebron an average player or attribute a superstar's success entirely to bad refereeing.

Therefore, we don't believe you actually wrote the post.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

lol. ok. so I think KD is more valuable than Curry. so sue me. what an out of left field opinion, right?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: