2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

defense wrote:

Curry gets his 3's in a multitude of ways mostly without flopping, although I'm sure even he does it from time to time.

Curry gets his threes off quick pull-ups and being freed from a myriad of moving screens.

Imagine being a Harden fan and trying to play the ref card to diminish STEPH CURRY'S three point skills.

Holy (bleep). That's really some next level stuff right there.

I didn’t diminish his skills. I accurately described the shots he takes. Threes he creates and ones he gets from screens, most of which are moving ones. Great shooter in a great system, on a great team with plenty of other shooters that you can’t leave.

But please explain what part of an iso step-back 3 is relying on gaming officials? That’s where the majority of his shots and points come from now. Simple question....

Besides the traveling? The flopping on 95% of them and tricking referees into calling BS fouls. His entire game is based on creating contact and flopping, and defenders being afraid to guard him because they know he's going to flop and refs are going to fall for it.

No man, you don't get it. His entire game is iso step back 3s. All those free throws aren't driving his dominance at all. It's really just a sidenote. Barely worth mentioning. All the game's greats got free throws to the level Harden does. It's that damn iso step back 3, which is totally not a travel, that is the real reason he dominates.

To pile on, he's shot 27.8% and 29.9% the previous two post-seasons from 3.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Amazing iso step back out of bounds - Link to dominance
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

#AnybodyButGS
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

He's an abomination to watch. There are so many other things I'd rather be doing than watch Harden play. Funny thing is he has enough skill and talent not to resort to that (bleep).
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
#AnybodyButGS

and Celts, not them either
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Zubac Benched? Does that mean he sucks or are the clips just Pelinka Apologists?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

He's an abomination to watch. There are so many other things I'd rather be doing than watch Harden play. Funny thing is he has enough skill and talent not to resort to that (bleep).

I wanted to chime in here only because you said all that I always think about. Harden is such a tremendous talent that he doent need to resort to the antics of pretending he was shot anytime he is touched (legally). Anyone arguing that harden doesnt game the ref is, in my opinion, a delusional fan. It's known across the league he does that and at this point its more of an objective fact than a subjective opinion. Thats fine if you like that style and enjoy his game, but dont pretend that is not exactly his game. Come on, now. you wont fool anyone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

No contact, hand is a part of the ball.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Nothing kills a fast break more than some guy chucking a 3....especially if you are a team that doesn't excel in shooting 3's.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Durant is a beast
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
#AnybodyButGS

#GoGSW #AlwaysBeatTheClippers (and the Rockets) (and the Celtics) (I’d rather beat OKC too) (Everyone else is OK)
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Zubac Benched? Does that mean he sucks or are the clips just Pelinka Apologists?

Clips need to go small
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Need a Bucks/76ers ECF so that Kawhi doesn't think he had any realistic chance of making it to the finals and (bleep) boston
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

defense wrote:

Curry gets his 3's in a multitude of ways mostly without flopping, although I'm sure even he does it from time to time.

Curry gets his threes off quick pull-ups and being freed from a myriad of moving screens.

Imagine being a Harden fan and trying to play the ref card to diminish STEPH CURRY'S three point skills.

Holy (bleep). That's really some next level stuff right there.

I didn’t diminish his skills. I accurately described the shots he takes. Threes he creates and ones he gets from screens, most of which are moving ones. Great shooter in a great system, on a great team with plenty of other shooters that you can’t leave.

But please explain what part of an iso step-back 3 is relying on gaming officials? That’s where the majority of his shots and points come from now. Simple question....

Besides the traveling? The flopping on 95% of them and tricking referees into calling BS fouls. His entire game is based on creating contact and flopping, and defenders being afraid to guard him because they know he's going to flop and refs are going to fall for it.

No man, you don't get it. His entire game is iso step back 3s. All those free throws aren't driving his dominance at all. It's really just a sidenote. Barely worth mentioning. All the game's greats got free throws to the level Harden does. It's that damn iso step back 3, which is totally not a travel, that is the real reason he dominates.

Are you kidding? Without the manufactured star NBA ref treatment he looks like a scrub. Dude gets eaten alive even in Pro-Am summertime action. Dude can't play smh
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:

Yawn. I'll never respect a superstar who relies on gaming officials and getting to the line as a big part of his game.

Good luck finding a superstar to respect. They're star calls for a reason, the best NBA players are really really good at gaming the officials and getting to the line.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:

Yawn. I'll never respect a superstar who relies on gaming officials and getting to the line as a big part of his game.

Good luck finding a superstar to respect. They're star calls for a reason, the best NBA players are really really good at gaming the officials and getting to the line.

That's not what I said. Read it again.

I've consistently said when it's as big of a part of their game as Harden's. Period.

Obviously superstars get calls and are good at gaming the refs. A big no duh there. Not one superstar has done it to the absurd extent Harden has. That's it, that's all. If you wanna take the easy way out and group it all together, that's on you, but don't pass that off as something I said. I did not have a hard time respecting Jordan, Kobe, KD, TMac, etc. Because they didn't game it like Harden. Not even close.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

I wanted to chime in here only because you said all that I always think about. Harden is such a tremendous talent that he doent need to resort to the antics of pretending he was shot anytime he is touched (legally). Anyone arguing that harden doesnt game the ref is, in my opinion, a delusional fan. It's known across the league he does that and at this point its more of an objective fact than a subjective opinion. Thats fine if you like that style and enjoy his game, but dont pretend that is not exactly his game. Come on, now. you wont fool anyone.

Well said.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

That was NOIIIIICEEE
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

The Clips are giving the Dubs all they want and more.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Nothing you have said has refuted that point.

I’m not trying to refute points from past seasons. I’m saying that logic NOW needs to die. That’s what you appear to be missing. TODAY, the majority of Harden’s shots and points come from a shot designed to step AWAY from a defender. Not to draw contact...to step away into free space. TODAY, ten other players take FTs at a higher rate than him. His attempts are tied to his insane usage. Nothing factually about what we see today, from a player that has rebuilt his offensive game, agrees with your position. That’s why if you eliminated FT totals TODAY he’d still lead the league in scoring. If he relied on FTs to dominate then how could he still lead the league in scoring if you eliminated them??

Simple facts:

“You said it's a silly myth he relies on free throws to dominate.”

Yes, it’s silly to say a player who scores most of his points on a step-back 3 and is not even in the top 10 in FT rate is relying on FTs to dominate, when he would still be dominating (leading the league in scoring) if you eliminated FTs. Pretty basic. Harden did not develop the shot that he now relies on to score most of his points in the prior seasons you keep referring to that I clearly am not referring to. Same goes for his secondary shot (the floater).

And now you appear to be moving the goal posts to “FTs make up a large part of his scoring”, and you probably don’t wanna do that based on the players you mentioned. 27% of Harden’s points this year come from FTs. Trust me, you don’t wanna go down that rabbit hole.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I’m not pulling for the dippers to win the series, but I’d like to see them win this one and take the Dubs to 6, maybe 7. Golden State not looking so invincible this year and their X factor they got this year is done. I think Milwaukee has a legit shot against them, if GS even makes it to the Finals.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Clips are giving the Dubs all they want and more.

Taking this series to 6 will be a good audition for FA’s.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
I’m not pulling for the dippers to win the series, but I’d like to see them win this one and take the Dubs to 6, maybe 7. Golden State not looking so invincible this year and their X factor they got this year is done. I think Milwaukee has a legit shot against them, if GS even makes it to the Finals.

The Rockets are beating the Warriors this year!
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:

That's not what I said. Read it again.

I've consistently said when it's as big of a part of their game as Harden's. Period.

Obviously superstars get calls and are good at gaming the refs. A big no duh there. Not one superstar has done it to the absurd extent Harden has. That's it, that's all. If you wanna take the easy way out and group it all together, that's on you, but don't pass that off as something I said. I did not have a hard time respecting Jordan, Kobe, KD, TMac, etc. Because they didn't game it like Harden. Not even close.

It actually wasn't what you said but you clarified it better now.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
27 wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Well said.

The grosses part of all this? I recall in 2015 when they played the Clippers. Clutchforums was filled with threads dreading having to play that known flopper Chris Paul. The level of cognitive dissonance it takes...the utter, (bleep) temerity was laughable. Guy has played his entire career like a ho. Just accept it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 37 of 447
Jump to: