Luke Walton Hired By Sacraments Queens
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Kings fans learning about Luke's random rotations...lol

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/luke-waltons-buddy-hield-benching-054048407.html
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

They're 7 and 3 in their last 10, battling for the 8th spot and a lot of that changed for the better when they moved Buddy to the bench from his starting role for Bogdan. Not sure what fans expect out of that team but this is better than I think many would've placed them at this point in the season. I'd give Luke some credit for that.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
They're 7 and 3 in their last 10, battling for the 8th spot and a lot of that changed for the better when they moved Buddy to the bench from his starting role for Bogdan. Not sure what fans expect out of that team but this is better than I think many would've placed them at this point in the season. I'd give Luke some credit for that.

He's a putz. They are worse as a team this season, he clearly hasn't gotten the best out of Buddy Hield, Dedmon hated him and asked out practically immediately, and it's very, very clear that LeBron didn't like him (despite anything he would say publicly).

Take the last game, for example, where their own fans and just basketball fans in general were stunned that Hield wasn't out there for a possession out of a timeout where they were down 3 with something like 13 seconds left. Like, if you don't think he's having a good game and if the lineup you had on the floor had done a good job down the stretch, I get that. I really do. However, you are now down to a specific task. You need a 3-pointer. Like, put the guy on the court, even if it's just to draw attention. Remember how Phil had Sasha on the court late in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals? You know why he did that? Because it was an obvious foul situation and Sasha was one of the best foul shooters on the team. He wasn't scared that he hadn't been playing. The specific situation called for him to be out there.

He's just a bad coach. I loved it when we hired him but it didn't take me long to see that he's just not a good in-game coach, and, just as bad, he doesn't appear to be very good at people skills, either.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: