Is Harden's performance this season comparable to any of Kobe's seasons?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Harden's performance this season comparable to any of Kobe's seasons?
It's better than any of Kobe's seasons
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Equivalent to a top three Kobe season (05-06, 06-07, 02-03)
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Equivalent to an average Kobe season (07-08, 08-09, 12-13)
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Equivalent to a below average (pre-achilles) Kobe season (04-05, 99-00, 03-04, 10-11, 11-12)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It's not as good as any of Kobe's seasons from 99-00 to 13-14
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Is Harden's performance this season comparable to any of Kobe's seasons?

Harden averaged 36.1 points, 7.5 assists, 6.6 rebounds, and 2.0 steals on 44.2% from the field (36.8%) from three. 05-06 Kobe averaged 35.4 points, 4.5 assists, 5.3 rebounds, and 1.8 steals on 45.0% from the field (34.7% from three).

Kobe is better when you factor in defense, but IMO Harden's impact on offense is pretty similar.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's years were better.

Check out the league average difference between 05-06 and 18-19
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html

14 more PPG this year ... pace difference of 90.5 vs 100, etc.

Game hasn't been this fast or high-scoring since the 80's.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

There is one big reason why Harden falls short of Kobe as an offensive player:

Kobe was a great post player. I don't even know if Harden has a post game, let alone a good one.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Kobe was a great post player. I don't even know if Harden has a post game, let alone a good one.

But the post up is basically dead in today’s nba anyway.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
slavavov wrote:

That's only because it's a lost art.

Joel Embiid is a great post player. Besides that it's been declining for decades because players think it isn't cool to play with your back to the basket.

When guys can and want to post up, their teammates can still get them the ball these days. Clearly Harden has little or no post game.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Harden doesn't come close to the defensive ability that Kobe had. On top of it, he plays in a era where you aren't allowed to touch him at all. If Kobe played today, in his prime, he could average 50 ppg. And if he played today, in his prime and was allowed to take steps to get his shot off, he would make Wilt look like an underachiever.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Maybe 96-97
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

You seriously asking this question on a Kobe board? Where threads like this exist: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=187440
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

Well, last night's 3 for 19 performance was reminiscent of '15-'16 Kobe.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
You seriously asking this question on a Kobe board? Where threads like this exist: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=187440

Well, the majority of voters so far say it's equivalent to a top Kobe season...

The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
slavavov wrote:

That's only because it's a lost art.

It's not a lost art, it's a victim of the rule changes. If you post-up, defenders are allowed to hold, grab, foul, beat the crap out of you, etc. (think Raja Bell defending Kobe in the post or more recently Beverly vs. Durant) When you face-up, defenders can't touch you. That's why people don't post-up. That and mobile bigs that can shoot are in, generally thinner guys who can run and can'r post effectively.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

harden is all gimmicks. he gets the numbers, but outside of that it is way different than what kobe was doing. harden has like 2-3 moves, that's about it. kobe had like a gazillion moves. does anyone watch how harden runs? like a fool. on his tiptoes like an idiot. this is all just to bait people into fouling him and it would NEVER work without the moron officiating going on.

he's very talented, so its frustrating to watch. the ends justify the means today, i suppose. but if you are going to compare, this is like dumb stuff compared to kobe's beautiful game.

i'm so happy dame made that shot because he used hardens BS move that sort of became "legal" this year. Harden will never do that move better than what lillard just did. so F him and go away, i hope he loses and fails miserably.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
harden is all gimmicks. he gets the numbers, but outside of that it is way different than what kobe was doing. harden has like 2-3 moves, that's about it. kobe had like a gazillion moves. does anyone watch how harden runs? like a fool. on his tiptoes like an idiot. this is all just to bait people into fouling him and it would NEVER work without the moron officiating going on.

he's very talented, so its frustrating to watch. the ends justify the means today, i suppose. but if you are going to compare, this is like dumb stuff compared to kobe's beautiful game.

i'm so happy dame made that shot because he used hardens BS move that sort of became "legal" this year. Harden will never do that move better than what lillard just did. so F him and go away, i hope he loses and fails miserably.

You literally have 0 crediibility in any kind of discussion comparing Kobe to another player.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

You literally have 0 crediibility in any kind of discussion comparing Kobe to another player.

oh really. gee. if only i were as important as you.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
nickuku wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

oh really. gee. if only i were as important as you.

Did I say something about me?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: