Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Up to E4 on Snowfall. So far it's been aight. It's starting to pick up. Looks like Franklin's fittina go straight gansta.

It must have promise. It has 3 seasons in the books.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Just watched the finale episode 10. It was the same weird. Damn you kik🤬 If it's picked up I'll watch. Have to see what happens to Tic.

Ya man. I keep waiting for some normalcy to return. But I think the show just is what it is. I only expect the strange to become stranger season 2.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Up to E4 on Snowfall. So far it's been aight. It's starting to pick up. Looks like Franklin's fittina go straight gansta.

Oh, you have no idea. Don't want to spoil anything though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Man! What's happening? Melody kills Franklin and in the next episode he shows up getting jobbed for his scholarship. I'm watching with Eminence X. Am I in the right sequence?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Man! What's happening? Melody kills Franklin and in the next episode he shows up getting jobbed for his scholarship. I'm watching with Eminence X. Am I in the right sequence?

Um... maybe not. What season are you on? What the hell is eminence X?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Um... maybe not. What season are you on? What the hell is eminence X?

Season 1 E7- Cracking. E8 Leon got shot.

It's a streaming service. I get all series, NBA League Pass, Sunday Ticket, all PPV, most movies, some still in theaters. It cost $25.00 a month. This is the url https://www.buynitrotv.com/. Check it out. I watched PPV fights. Watched the Charlo brothers fights the other day, no cost.

I may have checked into Season 2 by accident. I have all 3 seasons queued.

What season and E did Franklin go to college?

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

It's a streaming service. I get all series, NBA League Pass, Sunday Ticket, all PPV, most movies, some still in theaters. It cost $25.00 a month. This is the url https://www.buynitrotv.com/. Check it out. I watched PPV fights. Watched the Charlo brothers fights the other day, no cost.

WOW! That is awesome. The channel list is huge! I might sign up.

Maybe you skipped around. Maybe not. It's one of those shows though that answers any questions you have sooner rather than later.

To be honest it's been over a year since I binged multiple seasons of it. But I promise you it keeps getting better. And since I know what other shows you like. I'm sure you'll like it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

WOW! That is awesome. The channel list is huge! I might sign up.

Maybe you skipped around. Maybe not. It's one of those shows though that answers any questions you have sooner rather than later.

To be honest it's been over a year since I binged multiple seasons of it. But I promise you it keeps getting better. And since I know what other shows you like. I'm sure you'll like it.

Sometimes you get some buffering. When you do email Ronan, he'll get it straight. Keep your cashe and data clean, that helps. It's a great service once you learn to use and navigate it.

You can hook a friend up, no cost. I have my best friend on my account. He wants to pay half, I don't let him. He does so much (bleep) for me I'd feel bad charging him.

Caught it. I'd accidentally plugged into E9. I'm watching it now. It's episode about his getting jobbed out of his college scholarship. I'm watching seasons finale E10. Things have been awfully convoluted. Difficult to sequence.
I'll start season II sometime today.

We aight. It beats the hell out of that damn Lovecraft Country $hit. Let me know if you try Eminence X. If you do and have problems PM me and we'll work through them. If you get the hook up store your codes, screen name and passwords. If you have to uninstall, reinstall, you'll need them.

ELECTION COUNTDOWN

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject:

You were right, things are beginning to come together. I'm up to E9 S2. Thanks for the series. It ain't no damn Lovecraft Country.

The reason I had things screwed up, when I started I plugged into E2 S3 by mistake. I'm on track now.

Finished Snowfall. Nice series. I think there's going to be a season 4.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

OK, so this does not have monsters or zombies or aliens or blood and gore or super heroes or super villains or magic or dragons or gangsters (though I'm not averse to these, per se), this new show is very entertaining nonetheless.

What's it about? Chess, but much more.

I've only seen two episodes of the Queen's Gambit, but the story has me hooked so far. All I needed was to catch the trailer and I was enticed.

I think we may just have a star in the making with Anna Taylor-Joy.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

Lovecraft country, ok, this is different, soulful sci-fi, I like it
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I made myself watch that. I blame kikanga.

I couldn't get ready for the "magic." Black women turning into White, a woman springing 8 tails to kill their sex partners when they reach climaxes, going through portals to the past, little too far out for me.

If you know anything about Aunjanue Ellis, Hypolyta, NCIS Los Angeles, Undercover Brother, notice how much she gained.

I forgive kik, he made up for turning me on to that BS by suggesting another series, Snowfall. It's pretty good. It's about how the CIA sold crack cocaine in South Central Los Angeles in the 1980s to finance the Nicaraguan civil war. It's going to be picked up for season 4.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

I made myself watch that. I blame kikanga.

I couldn't get ready for the "magic." Black women turning into White, a woman springing 8 tails to kill their sex partners when they reach climaxes, going through portals to the past, little too far out for me.

If you know anything about Aunjanue Ellis, Hypolyta, NCIS Los Angeles, Undercover Brother, notice how much she gained.

I forgive kik, he made up for turning me on to that BS by suggesting another series, Snowfall. It's pretty good. It's about how the CIA sold crack cocaine in South Central Los Angeles in the 1980s to finance the Nicaraguan civil war. It's going to be picked up for season 4.

I thought it was good but the very last part I didn’t get, Diana ripping the throat with her monster
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if it’s been pointed out, but Gangs of London can now be watched on AMC+ through Apple TV channels. Not the AMC app, in the Apple TV app, and AMC+ channel. I searched the App Store for far too long trying to find the plus app.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject:

Began watching The Right Stuff on Disney+. It is solid and has Patrick J. Adams (Suits) playing John Glenn. It is an adaptation of Tom Wolfe's book about the pilots who were recruited to become the first Mercury astronauts.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I thought it was good but the very last part I didn’t get, Diana ripping the throat with her monster

It didn't make sense to me either. Until just this second. Remember Tic's father wasn't actually his biologically father. So Diana was probably his closest (blood) relation. Thus his ownership of his monster went to her.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

It didn't make sense to me either. Until just this second. Remember Tic's father wasn't actually his biologically father. So Diana was probably his closest (blood) relation. Thus his ownership of his monster went to her.

Diana is Tic's half sister I guess but who was that monster that protected Diana, what's the story? the other monsters were white people turned by magic in Adham
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

Diana is Tic's half sister I guess but who was that monster that protected Diana, what's the story? the other monsters were white people turned by magic in Adham

How did you come up with that?

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

Diana is Tic's half sister I guess but who was that monster that protected Diana, what's the story? the other monsters were white people turned by magic on Facebook

Fify
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

Diana is Tic's half sister I guess but who was that monster that protected Diana, what's the story? the other monsters were white people turned by magic on Facebook

Fify

Oops lol, I still browse my FB but hasn’t post much since last election, too toxic
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

How did you come up with that?

Cause they were under Christina’s family control, I’m guessing they turned those people into monsters
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Jo, have you seen FX's Atlanta?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Just finished Lovecraft Country's series/season finale.

The whole serie's been a roller coaster (bleep) goes from 1 to 100 pretty quickly. Some moments were pretty "Indiana Jones treasure hunt", others were pretty (bleep) extreme

The book is a little less "edgy". There's magic, there's the magic potion, but there's no Ji-Ah, there's no time travel, there's no raping a man with a high heel shoe

I don't mind the supernatural and strange stuff, as I'm familiar and a fan of Lovecraft's work, but there was some stuff that didn't add nothing relevant to the story (such as Ji-Ah and Yahima - remember her?).

But it was cool enough for me to watch an eventual 2nd season.

Now I'm gonna watch The Mandalorian (new episode tomorrow!) and the 4th season of Fargo (loved the first 3 seasons).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

No. I'll give it a peek.

ELECTION COUNTDOWN

GET OUT AND VOTE

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

No. I'll give it a peek.

ELECTION COUNTDOWN

GET OUT AND VOTE

It might not be your cup of tea. But if you do watch it. I'd recommend using Closed Caption. Since the dialogue/script is why it's an all-time great show.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 46 of 110
Jump to: