Irving to Lakers? (SAS: Kyrie forcing his way to Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Kyrie to the Lakers is a simple math equation that equates to Championships with an "S".

He solidifies the future of the franchise along with AD. Kemba provides the same type of scenario, maybe a little more hungry, but a few years older as well.

Kyrie and AD are pretty much the same age and could end their careers together.

It'll be great while Lebron is around since Lebron is the true alpha and AD and Kyrie are betas.

It gets dicey when Lebron is gone and Beta Kyrie starts thinking he's an alpha again. Woo wee. Hopefully, by that time, we can get another alpha in here.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Still wondering if GSW is going to dump 2 maxes onto KD and Klay and open their shiny new stadium with 2 guys on the bench as their payroll goes towards 300M.

If we take on one more "superstar" i hope it's klay.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
Kyrie to the Lakers is a simple math equation that equates to Championships with an "S".

He solidifies the future of the franchise along with AD. Kemba provides the same type of scenario, maybe a little more hungry, but a few years older as well.

It'll be great while Lebron is around since Lebron is the true alpha and AD and Kyrie are betas.

It gets dicey when Lebron is gone and Beta Kyrie starts thinking he's an alpha again. Woo wee. Hopefully, by that time, we can get another alpha in here.

Yes, Kyrie's career without LeBron around has been...not encouraging. I wouldn't be thrilled about going forward with him after Bron's gone.
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Day wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Irving isn't coming. He's going to Brooklyn. Brooklyn's FO isn't going to get rid of draft picks and free up space for no reason; I think Irving or Irving's camp has given indication to Brooklyn that he's signing there...

Which doesn't mean anything until he's actually there.

Well, unless Sean Marks is a total idiot, I'll place my bet on Kyrie signing in Brooklyn.

Didn't the Knicks open two max slots by trading Porzingis, didn't we trade D-Lo to open up a max slot for Paul George and LeBron, things change....
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

This was among the rumors on B/R today.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841266-nba-draft-rumors-tracker-analysis-predictions-for-top-prospects-trade-targets#slide5

Quote:
Not so fast.

The Kyrie Irving-to-the-Brooklyn-Nets union seemed like a foregone conclusion for the last few days, but rumblings emerged Wednesday suggesting the Nets might pass.

"The Post has confirmed Brooklyn might have qualms about signing the enigmatic Irving if he isn't bringing the injured [Kevin] Durant with him," Brian Lewis of the New York Post wrote.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841266-nba-draft-rumors-tracker-analysis-predictions-for-top-prospects-trade-targets#slide5

Quote:
Not so fast.

The Kyrie Irving-to-the-Brooklyn-Nets union seemed like a foregone conclusion for the last few days, but rumblings emerged Wednesday suggesting the Nets might pass.

"The Post has confirmed Brooklyn might have qualms about signing the enigmatic Irving if he isn't bringing the injured [Kevin] Durant with him," Brian Lewis of the New York Post wrote.

Hopefully KD joins the nets then?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Quote:
Not so fast.

I'd prefer Kyrie comes here but if KD leaves the Warriors to join him in NY that would be a nice consolation.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Quote:
Not so fast.

Wouldn’t mind Kyrie one bit. Him and Davis to take over the reigns once lebron gone sets us up for the present and future
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
epak wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Quote:
Not so fast.

Wouldn’t mind Kyrie one bit. Him and Davis to take over the reigns once lebron gone sets us up for the present and future

With what money? I would love Kirie hopefully they can make it happen without giving up kuz
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

I don't want KI. He is injury prone, sucks on defense, and is a ball hog, not to mention he is a mediocre passer. He has done nothing without Lebron and is overrated. He is overrated. Boston has had a better record without him than with him in his time there.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
epak wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Quote:
Not so fast.

With what money? I would love Kirie hopefully they can make it happen without giving up kuz

When we talked about the Lakers in the last few years, we said beggars can’t be choosers. Nets definitely are trying to be the chooser now.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
realking24 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
epak wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Quote:
Not so fast.

When we talked about the Lakers in the last few years, we said beggars can’t be choosers. Nets definitely are trying to be the chooser now.

Yep. Good on them. C'mon Brooklyn, I'm rooting for you to get KD.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Logic tells me that maxing out Kyrie isn't a good idea, but then on the other hand, what a middle finger that would be to the Celtics.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Logic tells me that maxing out Kyrie isn't a good idea, but then on the other hand, what a middle finger that would be to the Celtics.

and it's the Nets doing it, karma
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Giving the finger to the Celtics is one of the Laker sacraments...
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Please explain why Anthony Davis is a beta....this should be good
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
epak wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Please explain why Anthony Davis is a beta....this should be good

Hey, maybe you're right. Maybe he's grown over there last 3 years where he was trying to change his attitude. From 2016...

Quote:
"I was always a guy who was quiet on the basketball floor," Davis says, noting how Kendrick Perkins and Quincy Pondexter were more equipped with experience to be team leaders last season. "Even in high school, at Kentucky, here, I was always a quiet guy. Outside the locker room, we can talk and kid all day. But I've always just been a guy who is real laid-back.

"I know in order for us to win, in order for us to have success, I've got to get out of my comfort zone. That's what I'm determined to do this year."

"These are my guys," Davis says, adhering to the true alpha-male lingo. "These are the guys who are out here with me battling every night. So I can't have one guy out here slippin' or one guy joking around when we're all putting in the work."

The voice that other players might develop from being The Man on teams all their lives or by being four-year college guys appears to have arrived for Davis.

"He's made unbelievable advancements in the year that I've been here," Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry says. "We talk all the time. He has taken on more of a verbal leadership role already. The guys respect him, and I think the great thing about him is that he respects his teammates. He wants to be one of the guys, but I think he has realized that: 'I'm one of the guys, but I'm the leader. So there are certain things I've got to step up and do.'"
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

His personality sounds a lot like BI's.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Windhorst says if Durant chooses NY, Kyrie might join Lakers instead of Nets.

https://twitter.com/LakeShowWorld/status/1143310352832069632?s=20
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Seen this a few times past month, but it makes no sense imo.

If he’s going to team up with KD, why does it matter if it’s Nets or Knicks.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Afraid of playing for the Knicks most likely.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Afraid of playing for the Knicks most likely.

I guess I could by that.

Essentially KD is going strictly to build NYC empire, while Kyrie doesn’t trust Dolan to field a championship contender? Could be, but it’s kind of bizarre.
st8ktacos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:

That's not how you run a legendary basketball franchise. Both are bad ideas.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

So he only wants to team up with KD for the Nets? I find that hard to believe

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

lol at anyone saying they dont want kyrie. geezus.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 36 of 55
Jump to: