Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 754, 755, 756 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Of course Magic would want some credit for the AD trade

https://sports.yahoo.com/magic-johnson-looks-crystal-ball-053528370.html

Quote:
Magic Johnson cited maintaining a strong relationship with Lakers owner Jeanie Buss as a major factor in his decision.

In fact, even after he left the Lakers franchise he still had a hand in bringing Davis to Los Angeles.

In a separate interview with the Los Angeles Times, Johnson said he urged Buss and other top executives to finish the deal which sent multiple first-round draft picks and youngsters Ball, Ingram, and Hart away.

"I'm still going to be right there and I'm still going to be calling and giving them notes," Johnson said earlier in the month. "I told them that this trade could be great for the next 10 years for the Lakers. That's what I sent in the note."

Comical! Magic proposes a sell the farm trade that NO turned down. They cover Jeanie’s ass by releasing that she knew nothing about the offer and didn’t want to dump the young players. Only to turn around and dump the young players.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/c4rs1m/ad_with_eye_lasik_ad_without_eye_lasik/

Nice. No more contacts!
That should bump his 3 pt% by 0.02%
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:
Magic Johnson cited maintaining a strong relationship with Lakers owner Jeanie Buss as a major factor in his decision.

In fact, even after he left the Lakers franchise he still had a hand in bringing Davis to Los Angeles.

In a separate interview with the Los Angeles Times, Johnson said he urged Buss and other top executives to finish the deal which sent multiple first-round draft picks and youngsters Ball, Ingram, and Hart away.

"I'm still going to be right there and I'm still going to be calling and giving them notes," Johnson said earlier in the month. "I told them that this trade could be great for the next 10 years for the Lakers. That's what I sent in the note."

Comical! Magic proposes a sell the farm trade that NO turned down. They cover Jeanie’s ass by releasing that she knew nothing about the offer and didn’t want to dump the young players. Only to turn around and dump the young players.

Except the Lakers are better off trading for AD now as opposed to the trade deadline.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Do people not understand that Ainge has been plotting on AD for years. We just swooped in an took him away. It feels so good to make the Celtics eat it! BUCK FOSTON!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Do people not understand that Ainge has been plotting on AD for years. We just swooped in an took him away. It feels so good to make the Celtics eat it! BUCK FOSTON!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:

Except the Lakers are better off trading for AD now as opposed to the trade deadline.

Why is that? We could have included more salary which would of given us more cap space, no?

I’m a stranger to the cba
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:

Why is that? We could have included more salary which would of given us more cap space, no?

I’m a stranger to the cba

If we did the trade then, we probably dont keep Kuz?
Also, would AD have waived this trade kicker? We still dont know if he will or not, so thats ~$4M in limbo when comparing. If he would have waived the kicker then we might be right around the limit for a 7-9 YOS max player in cap space.

If we do the trade now, we have that off chance of getting $38M in cap space. There's still the chance at $33M in cap space. There is still the chance at only $24M in cap space. But we have Kuz in these 3 scenarios.

Imagine if we traded the 2019 pick then, and then we find out it became the #4 pick. Haha. I can image the hate that would have come out after the lotto.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thebirdwrites/status/1128491586105630720?s=21

Happy 9 day anniversary! The comments are amazing.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

AD will be able to see those passes from LeBron a little more clearer now.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Revenge for KG

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

BUCK FOSTON
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

^ Thanks GT!
BVH might not like the guard skills
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

BUCK FOSTON!!

Danny Ainge (bleeps)

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject:

I find it funny how many Non-Laker fans & media people are even hinting that the Lakers gave up too much...!

Lets look FACTUALLY at what the Lakers gave up:
1) Zo Ball: the #2 pick, a guy whose FT% DROPPED from 45% to 41%, whose Scoring DROPPED from 10.2ppg to 9.9ppg, whose Assists DROPPED from 7.2apg to 5.4apg, whose HORRIBLE 3pt% rose from 30.5% to 32.9%, but (thankfully) took nearly 70 LESS 3pt shots and lastly MISSED 30 games his 1st year and 35 games his 2nd year!

2) Brandon Ingram: another #2 pick, who increased his Scoring to 18.1ppg, but declined in FT%, 3pt%, Apg, and Rpg, all this while missing 23 games in year #2, increasing to 30 games last year with a strange blood clot issue that may or may not return!

3) Josh Hart: a gritty fan fav, whose Ppg, FT% and 3pt% ALL went down last year while his Turnovers went up, and missing a total of 15 games with Season-ending Knee surgery!

So the Lakers game up three guys who (mostly) took a step back last season compared to their previous season, that were also injured at the end of the year, NOT A HUGE LOSS AT ALL.

Ok, then there were the draft picks, there was no clear pick @ #4 that was going to come in and make an impact next year, but it WAS something that had a huge perceived value, in fact the Pelicans were able to flip if for two lower first round picks and a salary dump, so this worked out well for them.

The next 2 first round picks are going to be very high picks and the Lakers will not miss them, the second one was probably thrown to replace Kuz being added to the trade.

And the swaps will ONLY happen if the Lakers finish with a WORSE record than the Pelicans, which seems unlikely at this point..

Keeping Kuz: was HUGE, of the three outgoing players: he played MORE games the last 2 years than any of them, scored more Ppg than any of them, and INCREASED his FG%, FT% & Apg over the previous year! HE ALSO IS CONSISTENTLY MORE FEARLESS AND AGGRESSIVE THAN either of the three!

All this for AD =, who while he has had some injuries issues over the years, is TOP 5-10 NBA talent, when healthy and playing with LeBron and not having to carry a team, his stats should INCREASE!

So while the Pelicans may have a path forward with the guys they received (mostly because they received Zion), the Lakers have a Championship path forward!
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I find it funny how many Non-Laker fans & media people are even hinting that the Lakers gave up too much...!

1) Zo Ball: the #2 pick, a guy whose FT% DROPPED from 45% to 41%, whose Scoring DROPPED from 10.2ppg to 9.9ppg, whose Assists DROPPED from 7.2apg to 5.4apg, whose HORRIBLE 3pt% rose from 30.5% to 32.9%, but (thankfully) took nearly 70 LESS 3pt shots and lastly MISSED 30 games his 1st year and 35 games his 2nd year!

2) Brandon Ingram: another #2 pick, who increased his Scoring to 18.1ppg, but declined in FT%, 3pt%, Apg, and Rpg, all this while missing 23 games in year #2, increasing to 30 games last year with a strange blood clot issue that may or may not return!

3) Josh Hart: a gritty fan fav, whose Ppg, FT% and 3pt% ALL went down last year while his Turnovers went up, and missing a total of 15 games with Season-ending Knee surgery!

So the Lakers game up three guys who (mostly) took a step back last season compared to their previous season, that were also injured at the end of the year, NOT A HUGE LOSS AT ALL.

Ok, then there were the draft picks, there was no clear pick @ #4 that was going to come in and make an impact next year, but it WAS something that had a huge perceived value, in fact the Pelicans were able to flip if for two lower first round picks and a salary dump, so this worked out well for them.

The next 2 first round picks are going to be very high picks and the Lakers will not miss them, the second one was probably thrown to replace Kuz being added to the trade.

And the swaps will ONLY happen if the Lakers finish with a WORSE record than the Pelicans, which seems unlikely at this point..

Keeping Kuz: was HUGE, of the three outgoing players: he played MORE games the last 2 years than any of them, scored more Ppg than any of them, and INCREASED his FG%, FT% & Apg over the previous year! HE ALSO IS CONSISTENTLY MORE FEARLESS AND AGGRESSIVE THAN either of the three!

All this for AD =, who while he has had some injuries issues over the years, is TOP 5-10 NBA talent, when healthy and playing with LeBron and not having to carry a team, his stats should INCREASE!

So while the Pelicans may have a path forward with the guys they received (mostly because they received Zion), the Lakers have a Championship path forward!

There are many points I can argue against but I only want to focus on one thing . AD has an expiring contract. It is a win for the Pelicans already if they can get any value in return this year via trade. If AD leaves next year, not only we have wasted the talents we have accumulated in the last few years, we still have to give them talented players via draft picks over the next few years. And stop dreaming about we can use the cap space to sign top free agent afterwards if we can’t even land one with AD and LBJ this summer.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject:

AD = DPOY
Lebron = MVP

AD = Finals MVP

A rejuvenated AD is going to be a monster!
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject:

We need to get Russell or Irving to make me feel better about giving up so much for AD and lebron. I feel like if AD had a young guard to pair him with He will be more likely to stay long term.

If we only have lebron he had a very small window to win and then he’s basically back on the Pelicans with no talent around him.

I really hope we go all in on DLo it would be huge for our future and present

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:
AD = DPOY
Lebron = MVP

Kawhi = Finals MVP

A rejuvenated AD is going to be a monster!

fify
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

Let's not trade our assets for Paul George, he'll come in the off-season. Paul George re-signs with Oklahoma.

Let's not trade our assets for Kawhi Leonard, he'll come in the off-season. Looking more and more likely every day that he's not going to be a Laker.

Lakers finally trade assets for a top-5 player not yet in his prime. MJST: wE ShOuLd'vE SiGnEd aNtHoNy dAvIs iN ThE OfF-SeAsOn!

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
JuliusRandall
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Let's not trade our assets for Paul George, he'll come in the off-season. Paul George re-signs with Oklahoma.

Let's not trade our assets for Kawhi Leonard, he'll come in the off-season. Looking more and more likely every day that he's not going to be a Laker.

Lakers finally trade assets for a top-5 player not yet in his prime. MJST: wE ShOuLd'vE SiGnEd aNtHoNy dAvIs iN ThE OfF-SeAsOn!

We finally did the right thing.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

There are many points I can argue against but I only want to focus on one thing . AD has an expiring contract. It is a win for the Pelicans already if they can get any value in return this year via trade. If AD leaves next year, not only we have wasted the talents we have accumulated in the last few years, we still have to give them talented players via draft picks over the next few years. And stop dreaming about we can use the cap space to sign top free agent afterwards if we can’t even land one with AD and LBJ this summer.

So if AD resigns as expected then you're good.

And let's ignore that the Pels have to decide on extending/resigning Brandon who is in the final year of his contract.

And let's ignore the very real injury concerns with Zo and BI.

And let's ignore their inconsistency.

And let's play up the doomsday scenario of AD firing his representation to go with Klutch, then moving heaven and earth to get here all so he can have a cup of coffee like Dwight and bolt for less money, less pressure, and career obscurity after only one season in P&G. Yeah we wouldn't even be able to S&T him to get back assets in your version would we?

Do you know why literally no one is concerned about AD leaving?

Because he's now the face of the franchise...he is the Lakers for the next 6 years at least and likely 8+. It's what he wanted...something Dwight never did.

#BannersOverBillboards
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Amazing video as usual. How anyone can call AD boring boggles my mind. Dude is ridiculously talented
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 754, 755, 756 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 755 of 1430
Jump to: