Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1080, 1081, 1082 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
Giannis:

1x MIP
1x AS MVP
1x DPOY
2x MVP

And future Finals MVP, with 26 years old.

Davis must be pissed.

Hopefully he plays great next season.

100%, Giannis is his T-Mac, gotta channel that Mamba mentality, 1 chip each, down 2 MVP, 1 DPOY and 1 FMVP, Let's Go!!!

Giannis playoff this year: 32.3 PPG 13.0 RPG 5.6 APG 1.4 SPG 1.2 BPG 61.2 FG% 17.9 3PTFG% 58% FT

AD playoff last year: 27.7 PPG 9.7 RPG 3.5APG 1.2 SPG 1.4 BPG 57.1 FG% 38.3 3PTFG% 83.2 FT%
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/owenlhjphillips/status/1418186528464031746

That's πŸ”₯.
Efficiency going up in the playoffs.
Emoji eyes at Kawhi and Don too.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
coldzim wrote:
Giannis:

1x MIP
1x AS MVP
1x DPOY
2x MVP

Davis must be pissed.

100%, Giannis is his T-Mac, gotta channel that Mamba mentality, 1 chip each, down 2 MVP, 1 DPOY and 1 FMVP, Let's Go!!!

Giannis playoff this year: 32.3 PPG 13.0 RPG 5.6 APG 1.4 SPG 1.2 BPG 61.2 FG% 17.9 3PTFG% 58% FT

And one of the reasons he is The Freak... Who could have come back after tweaking their leg like he did??? Who??

I saw people talking about Suns could say there were injured.. So could Giannis.. but he kept balling ..

He is a Soldier!!!

https://en.protothema.gr/the-antetokounmpo-brothers-in-the-greek-army-photosvideo/
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

That's πŸ”₯.

Playoff AD
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
governator wrote:
coldzim wrote:
Giannis:

1x MIP
1x AS MVP
1x DPOY
2x MVP

Davis must be pissed.

And one of the reasons he is The Freak... Who could have come back after tweaking their leg like he did??? Who??

I saw people talking about Suns could say there were injured.. So could Giannis.. but he kept balling ..

He is a Soldier!!!

https://en.protothema.gr/the-antetokounmpo-brothers-in-the-greek-army-photosvideo/

Yup

Giannis is the Kobe, especially after this playoffs. Playing through a hyperextended knee to win a championship is Mamba mentality and he has the awards to back it up as well.

AD is the Tmac. Constantly gets injured and resulting in less success when compared to the other.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I had high hopes that AD would be an MVP type player after winning a chip. ESPN even had him ranked number 2 going into last year.

Hope he comes back with a vengeance this year.

Lebron is another year older. Time for AD to become THE MAN.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epic_ wrote:

That's πŸ”₯.

Playoff AD

His playoff ts is on par with Steph's regular season ts. Crazy.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
I had high hopes that AD would be an MVP type player after winning a chip. ESPN even had him ranked number 2 going into last year.

Will obviously be thrilled if this happens, but at this point I'm fairly convinced AD is who he is, a very talented complimentary star. Just stay in shape, be focused.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Will obviously be thrilled if this happens, but at this point I'm fairly convinced AD is who he is, a very talented complimentary star. Just stay in shape, be focused.

If he’s in top 5 mvp voting and we are healthy we will win ring
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Oscar Robertson:

"The only person, I think has the size to give him a decent chance at guarding Giannis, is A.D. from the Lakers. No one else. I don’t see any other player on defense that’s gonna be able to handle Giannis.”

https://lakersdaily.com/oscar-robertson-says-anthony-davis-is-only-player-in-nba-capable-of-shutting-down-giannis-antetokounmpo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I agree.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
Quote:
Oscar Robertson:

"The only person, I think has the size to give him a decent chance at guarding Giannis, is A.D. from the Lakers. No one else. I don’t see any other player on defense that’s gonna be able to handle Giannis.”

https://lakersdaily.com/oscar-robertson-says-anthony-davis-is-only-player-in-nba-capable-of-shutting-down-giannis-antetokounmpo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I agree.

Yup, especially with Bron who is also one of the few players in the NBA that can actually body him up and not look silly. AD is obviously the key to the matchup by a large margin but when we played them the last few years Bron had some pretty incredible defensive sequences against him. We def. have the best defensive potential against him *if* healthy. The only time I can really (without looking up stats) recall Giannis dominating the Lakers recently is when he was having that career night behind the 3 point line which is obviously not going to happen very often if ever again versus us.

Saying all that, Giannis took the leap this season with what he showed in the Playoffs and is clearly the superior player to AD at this point in time. Hopefully that lights a bit of a fire under AD because he absolutely has the potential to regain the throne as the best big in the NBA.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:51 am    Post subject:

AD has to get stronger this offseason and be able to play the majority of his minutes at the 5. Sort of like Pau did later in his career and same with Tim Duncan. When there is a physical match up, we can definitely have a big on the bench that could come in and start for 6 min a half. But aside from that, AD needs to stay at the 5 more this coming year.

Hoping we are moving beyond Trez, and having 3 Centers on the team. AD is a Center, he is just has guard skills and so quick that he can defend multiple positions, But our main 5 is AD, as the bubble play title showed. Got to get AD ready for that, next season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
AD has to get stronger this offseason and be able to play the majority of his minutes at the 5. Sort of like Pau did later in his career and same with Tim Duncan. When there is a physical match up, we can definitely have a big on the bench that could come in and start for 6 min a half. But aside from that, AD needs to stay at the 5 more this coming year.

Hoping we are moving beyond Trez, and having 3 Centers on the team. AD is a Center, he is just has guard skills and so quick that he can defend multiple positions, But our main 5 is AD, as the bubble play title showed. Got to get AD ready for that, next season.

Yes AD needs to get stronger and more resilient. But I disagree with the overall strategy; the season is a slog, these days injuries are determining champions more than skills. It's good for both the Lakers and Davis to find a balance between banging 30 minutes against the big 5's in the early/mid season vs hanging out taking 20 footers all game long on the perimeter. The Lakers are invested in him long-term, they need to view him through a 7-8 year lens, rather than a sprint-every-season-from-the-get-go mentaility.

I think the 2019-2020 formula was excellent, Howard was the physical center to take on the heavy-weights, McGee provided vertical spacing and rim protection, both allowed Davis to stay fresh until the playoffs. Trez/Gasol, while indeed satisfying the arithmetic of the 3-center formulation, brought different dimensions (spacing, offense), but did not bring the physicality and vertical spacing that Howard/McGee brought. The fault is not with the 3-center formulation, the fault lies with the makeup within - it should work again if the physicality/verticality are brought back into the mix. Davis then averages 12-15 minutes at the 5 during the early/mid season (more in key games) and then builds up his minutes at the 5 for the playoffs.
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject:

By playing AD at the 4 through the regular season; as a team we're conceding that we'll play far below our best ball until the playoffs. Even individual players like THT will play far below their ceiling with 2 bigmen on the court -- THT is a slasher, and needs a non-clogged lane. Same with Lebron.

I'm fine with the strategy of waiting til the playoffs for AD to play 50-60% of his minutes at Center... but it kinda hurts my heart that a lot of players on the team won't thrive in the regular season with the antiquated 2 big lineup.

We do still need to build lineup chemistry in the regular season, so the RS minutes AD plays the 5 , need to be harped on execution and intensity wise then
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
One consequence of the Russell Westbrook trade: Anthony Davis is expected to play more minutes at center next season, according to sources.

via The Athletic
https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1421187690469363712
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

his shoulder's gunna break off
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

playing center these days isnt nearly as physical as it was back in the day. Most teams roll with centers that are smaller than AD.
Besides his health AD also needs to regain mojo back. He seemed to be in a season long championship hangover funk.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

Well at least by playing the 5, his window will now match up with LBJ and Russ.

Jk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

I expect AD to be a candidate for MVP and DPOY this year. He will be the key to the Lakers winning the championship.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I expect AD to be a candidate for MVP and DPOY this year. He will be the key to the Lakers winning the championship.

Not with Bron and WB, he ain’t getting no individual trophy but I do expect him to play like MVP/DPOY
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject:

if he is in conversation of DPOY we win ring without losing a postseason game.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

It all comes down to health with him.

He needs to find a way to stay on the floor more consistently.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:

It all comes down to health with him.

He needs to find a way to stay on the floor more consistently.

Agreed.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

24 points per game
10 rebounds
3 assists
2 blocks
1 steal

50+% FG
32% threes
80+% FT's

34-35 minutes per game.

Healthy.

Please AD. Please....
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

AD better be working on his 3-point shot. In the second half of the 2019-20 season and in the playoffs, he shot at least 38% from downtown (this span predates the pandemic).

If he gets back to that kind of efficiency, not only will he play like his best self, but he will provide some of the floor spacing that LeBron and Russ need to attack the rim.

AD is really underrated and underappreciated, even by Lakers fans. Just like how Pau Gasol was underrated and underappreciated a decade ago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1080, 1081, 1082 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 1081 of 1427
Jump to: