Dwight Howard interested in re-joining Lakers (DWIGHT BACK TO LAKERS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers sign Dwight Howard?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 65 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 202 ]
Total Votes : 267

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Nobody is rushing to sign Noah because he sucks and he can barely stay on the court for half a season. An older Dwight is still 10x the player Noah would ever be for us, it's not even close. People may not like Dwight personally but signing a very limited and equally risky Noah because of bad feelings about Dwight is a very shortsighted, low gain decision.

Have you seen his game? He can barely get above the rim!

11/02/18

11/09/18

11/16/18

like Noah doesn't look like a cripple out there? The problem is and has always been Dwight could do everything - except shoot free throws - better. Noah, expectations are low so apparently, anything he does is wonderful and amazing. Dwight does something and... he didn't jump high enough, he didn't do this, he didn't do that. If Lebron can convince Dwight to play some hard D, get some lobs from time to time, that's all we really need from him. Maybe he has a game here or there where he puts up 30 pts, whatever. Most games we just need him to play decent D, catch a couple of lobs, maybe set an actual pick a couple of times - that's it. That is Noah's ceiling if he's playing at 100% max effort, Dwight can do that at 75% or less.

What Howard didn’t do was play last season. Cousins part II.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

The Comeback is soon 👀

@DwightHoward working on his hops before he possibly returns to the @Lakers

Still got the superman hops 💯

Not sure if the video posted but the guy can still get up and looks like he’s in great shape!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Noah can't stay healthy. That's a no.

But he played in most of the games once he signed with the Grizz. And Dwight missed most of last year post surger(ies). I do think Noah is a better stylistic fit with his passing.

I wouldn't want Dwight neither. I understand we are limited in options, but both these signings are desperation signings. I will say that if Joakim did remain healthy, I would want him over Dwight.... That's a big if though. Dwight has a healthier track record.

I mean, yeah, either one would obviously be a signing made out of pure desperation. That's how it works when you're in a desperate situation, no? They need a C.

Too bad that they can’t turn one of those worthless guards into a center. We really need someone who has a clue about building a balanced team.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The Comeback is soon 👀

Not sure if the video posted but the guy can still get up and looks like he’s in great shape!

Donde esta la videotecha
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
The Comeback is soon 👀

Donde esta la videotecha

Sorry bro it didn't post. Go to The Laker Files on twitter.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:
The Comeback is soon 👀

Donde esta la videotecha

Sorry bro it didn't post. Go to The Laker Files on twitter.

That works too, thanks
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

So . . .

elephant in the room . . .

Could Dwight's alleged transgender lover be a cause of his inability to fit in the locker room at his last 5 stops?

(Not the transgender person herself, but the hypocrisy of Mr. Bible-thumper - who wanted the NBA to add a cross to its logo - having at least 8 children by 8 different women PLUS plus trans lovers, too).
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
So . . .

Could Dwight's alleged transgender lover be a cause of his inability to fit in the locker room at his last 5 stops?

(Not the transgender person herself, but the hypocrisy of Mr. Bible-thumper - who wanted the NBA to add a cross to its logo - having at least 8 children by 8 different women PLUS plus trans lovers, too).

Really? You're going there....Unreal.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

If you can play, someone will sign you.

The issue with Dwight has always been that he is not 100% all in, can’t have that on a championship aspiring team.

It’s as simple as players don’t trust Dwight when it comes to basketball. He is not dependable.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
So . . .

Seriously. I'm old enough to remember Shawn Kemp's career spiraling out of control because of his personal life. He basically forced his way out of Seattle because he needed a $100 million contract to deal with his financial obligations (child support, mostly), and Seattle couldn't give it to him.

Players throughout sports history have been moved or blackballed because of their sex lives. Jason Collins came out of the closet 6 years ago . . . and no one else in the NBA has done so since then.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
So . . .

Seriously. I'm old enough to remember Shawn Kemp's career spiraling out of control because of his personal life. He basically forced his way out of Seattle because he needed a $100 million contract to deal with his financial obligations (child support, mostly), and Seattle couldn't give it to him.

Players throughout sports history have been moved or blackballed because of their sex lives. Jason Collins came out of the closet 6 years ago . . . and no one else in the NBA has done so since then.

Ok...Dwight will take a minimum contract to prove he's been humbled and wants to contribute in any way. Why knock him for that? Melo is different, he expects to start somewhere. Not the case with Dwight. Wasn't Boogie a malcontent? I didn't wee any one say anything bad about him at GS. In fact, he was praised for working hard to come back.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
So . . .

"Unreal" or not it raises a valid issue no? Depending on what else is out there this transgender thing could potentially blow up BIG TIME - especially with Howard being in the TMZ-central city that is LA. That's on top of whatever other distractions Howard might create (and Howard has certainly developed a reputation for being a distractive presence throughout his career). I mean given that we're running out of options I think taking a chance on him wouldn't be the worst thing in the world - and it could even work out if he's willing to accept his role - but I think signing Howard is more likely to blow up in our face in a big way...
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
So . . .

Ok...Dwight will take a minimum contract to prove he's been humbled and wants to contribute in any way. Why knock him for that? Melo is different, he expects to start somewhere. Not the case with Dwight. Wasn't Boogie a malcontent? I didn't wee any one say anything bad about him at GS. In fact, he was praised for working hard to come back.

My biggest objection to taking a flyer on Dwight is his health. He's been dealing with back issues for half of his career and just missed a season.

My second biggest objection is that there is some reason he's looking at joining his 7th team in 9 seasons. At his talent level, that means he's either a cancer or a psychopath.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Woj:

Sources: Lakers planning individual workouts to evaluate centers Joakim Noah, Dwight Howard and Mo Speights this week in Los Angeles. Another consideration currently overseas: Marcin Gortat. Lakers want a window into physical condition and mindset of a potential addition.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
So . . .

Dwight doesn’t expect to start?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
My second biggest objection is that there is some reason he's looking at joining his 7th team in 9 seasons. At his talent level, that means he's either a cancer or a psychopath.

Never a question about his talent for me.

It has always been about the problems he's caused for teams in the locker room. That can absolutely crush a team.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Woj:

Sources: Lakers planning individual workouts to evaluate centers Joakim Noah, Dwight Howard and Mo Speights this week in Los Angeles. Another consideration currently overseas: Marcin Gortat. Lakers want a window into physical condition and mindset of a potential addition.

I was surprised to see Gortat in there with that bunch. I had no idea he regressed so much last year.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

Howard - documented track record
Noah/Gortat - close to being washed or washed
Speights - ?

Best option is to see if someone will make a trade (Noel, Baynes, etc.)

Maybe you sign one of the aforementioned available players in the short-term but I don’t see any of those guys working out for more than 20-25 games tbh.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Speights - ?

Maybe you sign one of the aforementioned available players in the short-term but I don’t see any of those guys working out for more than 20-25 games tbh.

Speights is the funny one to me...he's been out of the league in China. I'm surprised Amir Johnson isn't brought in for a work out.
My choice in order:

Dwight
Noah
Gortat.

All though I would consider both Amir and Faried (even though hes under sized).
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Speights - ?

Baynes is making more than the minimum, so trading for him will be more complicated.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Woj:

I wonder who that means...
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Such horrible options the Lakers are forced to consider!

Absolute hindsight issue but it pisses me off that the Lakers could have very easily had nice center depth by signing Cauley-Stein and kept Wagner for end of the bench potential.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Absolute hindsight issue but it pisses me off that the Lakers could have very easily had nice center depth by signing Cauley-Stein and kept Wagner for end of the bench potential.

WCS wasn't signing here to split minutes with Boog and Javele. One of WCS or Javele wouldn't be here.. to be 3rd string..
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

WCS wasn't signing here to split minutes with Boog and Javele. One of WCS or Javele wouldn't be here.. to be 3rd string..

I thought he meant signing WCS instead of Boogie. The possibility that Boogie's body would break down again probably was considered, but being the Lakers they rolled the dice, of course.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Noah might be as good as WCS.. I'm not a WCS fan.. and Noah brings the energy, and left a good impression on Grizz fans w his play
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15
Jump to: