I hate Steve Ballmer and the Clippers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: I hate Steve Ballmer and the Clippers

I don't give a (bleep) if it says Los Angeles on there jersey. To me they will never be Los Angeles. that franchise has been reconstructed by the League to try to overtake the Lakers and its not even funny. they blatantly tamper and they don't get fined, they benefited from a trade veto, they held Deandre Jordan hostage when he committed to another team and screwed that team for him to resign with the clippers, they went to every Toronto home game to watch and support Kawhi leonard. they even forced out an incompetent owner who had no desire to sell the Clippers and forced him to sell it based on a recorded racist phone call which he didn't even know he was being recorded.

Steve Ballmer does whatever he can to try to emulate the Lakers and downplays us like we don't even exist. I wouldn't mind that so much if he wasn't so smug and dickish about it. the dude is a self absorbed immature child who will not hesitate to kick you when you are down. the way he hops up and down courtside and claims they are king of LA??? (bleep) him he is a douchebag.

let me put it this way. Im rooting for the Celtics if they ever face the clippers in the finals... thats how much I hate this current clipper orgnization
(im sorry Logo but you are with the enemy now)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

No need to get upset over what the Clippers do, they know they have to move out of L.A. at some point in the future because they don’t really have fans...

Here is my prediction: Lakers will beat them this year and they will re-locate to Seattle or Fresno at some point in the next couple of years.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
they will re-locate to Seattle or Fresno at some point in the next couple of years.

One of these things is not like the other....but yeah, I wish they would go to Fresno.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject:

I understand he is well respected businessman, that he is trying to motivate people and this is his personality - an energetic guy that wants to motivate his employees.

However he's acting like a bufoon with those voices and all. Thank god Lakers don't have an owner like that - taking all the attention at a PC. Just say a few nice words and give PG13 and Kawhi the mic.

He talks about all this new Clipper heights. Dude, CP3/DeAndre/Blake - they changed the Clipper culture. Not you, ass wipe. The Clippers have been respectable for a while now. For sure he's a better owner than Sterling, and he's good for them. However the Clippers were a really good team when CP3/Blake teamed up. They changed things, and it was long before his ass was owner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

i don't want to come off as a hater, but i really don't think KL and PG pairing is what media is building up to. both of them play similar positions (SG/SF), and both of them are NOT known for their passing and setting up offense. both of them are great perimeter defenders, but this is not the 90's, putting up points win titles nowadays. if the Clips can land a good passing center (Marc Gasol) then that team will be more dynamic. as it constructed now, KL and PG will just be in each other's way. both gonna take turn attacking on offense, not a great ideal pairing if you ask me.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
they will re-locate to Seattle or Fresno at some point in the next couple of years.

One of these things is not like the other....but yeah, I wish they would go to Fresno.

The wheels are set in motion for them to get the new arena in Inglewood, the only reason they are playing at Staples until 2023 is they have a contract.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Funny how at the news conference most of the references to the Clippers is to "Los Angeles" without the "Clipper" reference...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The wheels are set in motion for them to get the new arena in Inglewood, the only reason they are playing at Staples until 2023 is they have a contract.

The Clippers have been in Los Angeles for 35 years. But I could see them moving from the #2 metropolitan market to the #60 market because of the cache, glamor, and economic advantage that comes with being in Fresno.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Look Balmer ain't Sterling. He actually wants to win and put a good product on the floor, he does not run the team like a slumlord.

He is a little over the top, but he paid $2 billion for the Clippers and he should be able to act anyway he wants.

Hopefully the Lakers will beat the Clippers during the year and in the playoffs and that will at least shut him up short term...

On a different note, with the Inglewood project falling thru, would it be poetic justice for him to move the team back to Seattle? I would love to see the looks on Kawhi and George when the "hometown boys" get moved far from their hometown... !
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Look Balmer ain't Sterling. He actually wants to win and put a good product on the floor, he does not run the team like a slumlord.

He is a little over the top, but he paid $2 billion for the Clippers and he should be able to act anyway he wants.

Hopefully the Lakers will beat the Clippers during the year and in the playoffs and that will at least shut him up short term...

On a different note, with the Inglewood project falling thru, would it be poetic justice for him to move the team back to Seattle? I would love to see the looks on Kawhi and George when the "hometown boys" get moved far from their hometown... !

I haven't heard of anything of that sort.
https://la.curbed.com/2019/5/29/18644799/clippers-arena-inglewood-brown-act-violation

The arena is proceeding forward, I think the biggest obstacle is the MSG lawsuit, but I can't see any way they can stop the arena from being built.
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

All I can say is no matter what those idiot Clippers do, it is apparent that the Lakers will still have the most fans and are still the big ticket in our city. Sure, there are bandwagons but I know that those fans will be our fans once we win the 17th. And yea we will have 20 before those jokers even get 1 Western Conference Finals appearance. (bleep) the Clippers, forever and for always.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate Steve Ballmer and the Clippers

999 wrote:
I hate Steve Ballmer and the Clippers

Agreed
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Clippers unveil renderings of proposed arena

Quote:
One day after introducing Kawhi Leonard and Paul George as the franchise's two newest superstars, Steve Ballmer excitedly shuffled through five oversized cardboard renderings as he unveiled designs for the LA Clippers' proposed "billion-dollar-plus" state-of-the-art arena.

LINK

Is Ballmer doing enough to overtake the Lakers in the LA market? No, probably not even close. Is Ballmer doing enough to be in position to take more of the LA market than the Clippers currently have? Clearly he is.

Last edited by adkindo on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Ballmer makes himself look like a clown. He really should tone it down.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

When you are filthy rich you can act like a fool....see Mark Cuban for an example.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
One day after introducing Kawhi Leonard and Paul George as the franchise's two newest superstars, Steve Ballmer excitedly shuffled through five oversized cardboard renderings as he unveiled designs for the LA Clippers' proposed "billion-dollar-plus" state-of-the-art arena.

LINK

Is Ballmer doing enough to overtake the Lakers in the LA market? No, probably not even close. Is Ballmer doing enough to be in position to take more of the LA market than the Clippers currently have? Clearly he is.

Unfortunately, Ballmer makes the current Lakers ownership look broke in comparison. I'm sure his deep pockets will attract free agents as well as those people who aren't diehard basketball fans.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Ballmer has been acting like this for decades. It's who he is. You could even say it's his brand. He's not going to change
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

Unfortunately, Ballmer makes the current Lakers ownership look broke in comparison. I'm sure his deep pockets will attract free agents as well as those people who aren't diehard basketball fans.

look at the investment Ballmer has made to renovate/build public basketball courts iwth Clippers logo all over the LA area. The next generation of fans will be much more split. You can't really ever change allegiance of grown men, Ballmer is making a play for decades down the line.

in the business world, people respect money. Ballmer has so much more of it than our owners, which gives him much more clout when dealing with other owners, league officials, and even media people. Guys like Woj probably care a lot more about being on the good side of a billionaire like Ballmer than the Buss family, this gives Clippers a lot of advantages over the Lakers right now.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Also, Microsoft Outlook sucks! That's the best you could do, Ballz?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

When you are filthy rich you can act like a fool....see Mark Cuban for an example.

True, his act is looney tunes. Underneath that cartoonish display, he does seem to be making some progress in building for the long-term. It took the whiny, grimacing billionaire Mark Cuban a while to finally win one in 2011 (Miami-Dallas 2006 Finals controversy aside).

Ballmer’s got 10-11 times Cuban’s net worth and doesn’t send extensive reports/complaints to the mob boss about the officiating. There’s also a sense that Cuban was too hands on when he should’ve let his basketball people do their jobs like Dr. Buss. Ballmer’s got solid folks in place in the FO+coaching staff and gives them room to operate with an abundance of resources.

Back in the day, it seemed the salary cap only worked to hinder the Lakers, but in an era of billionaires with the likes of Lacob, Kroenke, Arison, Dolan, Prokhorov, and Ballmer, glad that it is in place. The Buss family comes across as that last indepedent bookstore with a rich tradition that’s now up against Amazon.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Mark Cuban isn’t as smug and arrogant like this prick. Cuban can be likeable. And he built a winning team on his own. No league to help him.

What has these clippers have done? They shouldn’t earn any respect and neither should ballmer. Unfortunately ballmer is on a mission to be In Southern California to try to steal laker branding and entice a younger generation into clipper basketball. I (bleep) hate them
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Mark Cuban isn’t as smug and arrogant like this prick. Cuban can be likeable. And he built a winning team on his own. No league to help him.

What has these clippers have done? They shouldn’t earn any respect and neither should ballmer. Unfortunately ballmer is on a mission to be In Southern California to try to steal laker branding and entice a younger generation into clipper basketball. I (bleep) hate them

with all that been said, i'd swap ownership with the Clippers any day of the week, twice on each freaking day. the Buss kids are just milking the cash cow their daddy left behind, no innovation in any area of the game, still bathing in the glorious past.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Ballmer is doing. He's building his team's brand.

Children will be playing on new Clippers courts throughout the city. Adolescents and college age kids will be watching Kawhi and Paul attempt to make the team ultra competitive and a winner. Adults will see his new building and investments of the team and be impressed (or just reminded that finally the Clippers have a real owner). And the city now has 2 great basketball teams. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Is he over the top and annoying in his marketing? Sure, but he's always been that way. He made his career being the marketing voice for Microsoft. He stumbled when he had to actually drive the whole company. He has probably also learned a few lessons and knows to let the team executives do their thing, and he'll do his, which is focus on hyping the team and opening his paycheck for smart investments.

This is all marketing 101, and I expect he'll continue doing this until the Clippers and Lakers are respected equally, or until he gets driven out through failure (which in my mind is unlikely to occur).
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

I think Ballmer’s a great owner. He’s smart, passionate, sticks to what he knows, and hires good people.

Since Dr. Buss’ death, the Lakers have been run by trust fund babies who have accomplishing nothing and held no job other than what their father gave them. So they go back and forth between being control freaks to prove themselves and saying “Someone else did it!”

The Lakers owners cling nervously to the past. Ballmer strides boldly into the future.

Other than our legacy, I don't see any advantage we have over the Clippers anymore.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
I think Ballmer’s a great owner. He’s smart, passionate, sticks to what he knows, and hires good people.

Since Dr. Buss’ death, the Lakers have been run by trust fund babies who have accomplishing nothing and held no job other than what their father gave them. So they go back and forth between being control freaks to prove themselves and saying “Someone else did it!”

The Lakers owners cling nervously to the past. Ballmer strides boldly into the future.

Other than our legacy, I don't see any advantage we have over the Clippers anymore.

exactly correct, the Buss kids are a bunch of in-fighting, soap opera machine which media loves to cover.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: