THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) me. I am lost for words. For once.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Just why?

Dwight, if you eff up our season, I'm going to stalk and haunt your dumbass until kingdom come. 👺 I'm going to sign up on the darn twitter to do so too.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I saw somewhere Dwight was eating 26 candy bars a day at one point, that's enough to drive anyone nuts

I had forgotten about Jason Kidd as well. Jason Kidd doesn't care who you are or how big you are, he'll punch Dwight in the nuts if he gets out of line. Kidd was one of the ones who vouched for Dwight this week so he won't be pleased if Dwight doesn't follow through on what he promised.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:
Crazy how it's always the same people btching and complaining around here.

A lot of them some of the better basketball minds we have here

And some not so much....the ones that think logically, believe in redemption when there’s a lot to lose, and consider how talented Dwight is with a great supporting cast, will gladly accept Dwight but with caution. Cracks me up when people judge so harshly like they haven’t made any mistakes.

Logical thinking would be looking at things like howard's game/injuries in addition to his history and conclude it's not worth the risk given his role on the team.

Believing in stuff like redemption when there's a paper trail long enough to say otherwise is how you get hoodwinked into thinking Magic was a capable FO executive.

Haha...this is rock bottom. Bro he spoke to AD, Bron and others as well as the staff. This is it for him. Doesn’t work...drop him pick up Noah or someone else. I think this will work....It s not like Melo who still thinks he’s a star and needs to get his points.

Melo is literally saying all the same stuff Dwight is saying. At least his teammates like Melo.

Let’s see what happens. But the way some of you are against this..:I wonder if this works out and he has a productive year and the team wins the title...it feels like some of you wouldn’t even give him credit. Preferring to see Dwight and the team fail to prove a point.

If he plays well I'm happy to admit it but I am still wondering whether or not I wish to root for a team with him on it. He's the only player I'd say that about.

see u next august then, bye

Think your current account will make it to next August?
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Guys maybe you want to check out YouTube video “can Dwight still play in the NBA?”

Around 5 minutes it breaks down his ability to still play defense even when he was in Atlanta last year. Before that it does show offensively he may not be good.

But the Lakers want him to play defense and rebound and this video shows that he can still do that.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Guys maybe you want to check out YouTube video “can Dwight still play in the NBA?”

Around 5 minutes it breaks down his ability to still play defense even when he was in Atlanta last year. Before that it does show offensively he may not be good.

But the Lakers want him to play defense and rebound and this video shows that he can still do that.

We will miss DMC pick and pop and post up game whenever AD is out, D12 is basically Kwame on roids when with the rock.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:
Crazy how it's always the same people btching and complaining around here.

A lot of them some of the better basketball minds we have here

And some not so much....the ones that think logically, believe in redemption when there’s a lot to lose, and consider how talented Dwight is with a great supporting cast, will gladly accept Dwight but with caution. Cracks me up when people judge so harshly like they haven’t made any mistakes.

Logical thinking would be looking at things like howard's game/injuries in addition to his history and conclude it's not worth the risk given his role on the team.

Believing in stuff like redemption when there's a paper trail long enough to say otherwise is how you get hoodwinked into thinking Magic was a capable FO executive.

Haha...this is rock bottom. Bro he spoke to AD, Bron and others as well as the staff. This is it for him. Doesn’t work...drop him pick up Noah or someone else. I think this will work....It s not like Melo who still thinks he’s a star and needs to get his points.

Melo is literally saying all the same stuff Dwight is saying. At least his teammates like Melo.

Let’s see what happens. But the way some of you are against this..:I wonder if this works out and he has a productive year and the team wins the title...it feels like some of you wouldn’t even give him credit. Preferring to see Dwight and the team fail to prove a point.

Historically the lakers have faired terribly when it comes to these high risky individuals.

From Dennis Rodman/Isaiah Rider to Kwame Brown then Nick Young and even Michael Beasley last season, the Lakers just flat out suck at turning these moves into positives that don't involve kicking/trading them off the team.

If they win the title, credit will be given but until then it's hard to have benefit of the doubt when taking history into account.

Fair enough...although Artest worked out pretty well.

Because Artest wasn't in their class at the time. He had lead the rockets to a 7 game series against us after they lost yao/mcgrady. It wasn't really that much of a risk despite his history. His play showed how much he's turned the corner since the indiana brawl.

It's the high risk individuals whom have been given up on/bounced around and try to use another team to resurrect their career is what the lakers struggle on historically. It rarely works out and since current Dwight falls on this list it's hard to be optimistic until proven otherwise.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Think your current account will make it to next August?

u still here? dont let the door hit u
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

This might not be as bad as I imagine. Still, the desperation is mutual; like pick ‘em at last call.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see something besides a Brandon Ingram thread becoming a war zone lmao
Citizen Arcane
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

You can say they haven't fared well signing high risk individuals... but name the last time we signed a journeyman player and they blossomed into a star.

No one wanted Rondo, but he was better than Ennis.

If Dwight looked better than Noah during a workout, I'd go with that.

I'm way more annoyed by overpaying KCP or Green than risking a few million on DMC or risking nothing but some temporary bad vibes on Dwight
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Citizen Arcane wrote:
You can say they haven't fared well signing high risk individuals... but name the last time we signed a journeyman player and they blossomed into a star.

I'm way more annoyed by overpaying KCP or Green than risking a few million on DMC or risking nothing but some temporary bad vibes on Dwight

And yet Caruso was better than Rondo.
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

DH's last chance for a 'chip and for redemption. I see him playing his heart out and being a good boy. If not, ditch him before any trouble becomes a lasting problem.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Its completely justifiable to hate on Dwight. I'm not as down on him as many others are but he's here for now and there's nothing we can do about it. Lets just see how it plays out. I'm hopeful.
RJ_LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

He's a Laker again. I wouldn't bet on him staying, but if he does end up here till the end, that means there's a good chance we've won a chip.
Citizen Arcane
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:

I like Caruso... unfortunately he'll now probably have to wait his turn behind Bradley.

I just can't believe people think going with the likes of Speights, Gortat, or injured Noah is more likely to yield a better result than a reformed Dwight who has literally nowhere else to go.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

There is a great chance he'll be a contributor. If the Lakers cut him, that's it. He'll be out of the NBA. You can't be on your best behavior with Bron and AD? He will have to retire, cuz no one is giving him another job.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:

I like Caruso... unfortunately he'll now probably have to wait his turn behind Bradley.

I just can't believe people think going with the likes of Speights, Gortat, or injured Noah is more likely to yield a better result than a reformed Dwight who has literally nowhere else to go.

You assume Howard is reformed. He's been reformed each of the last four summers. But surely the 5th time is the charm.

Is Noah currently injured?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
There is a great chance he'll be a contributor. If the Lakers cut him, that's it. He'll be out of the NBA. You can't be on your best behavior with Bron and AD? He will have to retire, cuz no one is giving him another job.

He can play overseas.
Citizen Arcane
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:

You assume Howard is reformed. He's been reformed each of the last four summers. But surely the 5th time is the charm.

If they had Cousins and McGee... I could see taking Noah over Dwight but Noah hasn't played a full season in over five years.

It's not like they can't cut Dwight and sign Noah if he acts up.

They cannot win a championship with only McGee at center... you can try to play AD there, but you risk alienating him or injuring him when he's hasn't even signed a long term commitment yet.

Even if the odds are below 25% that Dwight shuts up and plays defense... it's still probably higher odds than Noah can last a full season and play better than Dwight.

I get from the fan's perspective that this isn't a likely a feel good story as the protagonist is perhaps irredeemably flawed, but from a probability perspective if an analytics guy modeled the numbers... my bet is that Dwight would produce a better outcome.

People who just dislike the guy... I understand... but the front office already blew it by getting rid of Zubac and Bryant.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:

If they had Cousins and McGee... I could see taking Noah over Dwight but Noah hasn't played a full season in over five years.

They cannot win a championship with only McGee at center... you can try to play AD there, but you risk alienating him or injuring him when he's hasn't even signed a long term commitment yet.

Even if the odds are below 25% that Dwight shuts up and plays defense... it's still probably higher odds than Noah can last a full season and play better than Dwight.

I get from the fan's perspective that this isn't a likely a feel good story as the protagonist is perhaps irredeemably flawed, but from a probability perspective if an analytics guy modeled the numbers... my bet is that Dwight would produce a better outcome.

People who just dislike the guy... I understand... but the front office already blew it by getting rid of Zubac and Bryant.

Tell me which frontcourt combo you'd rather see play together most often this upcoming season:

A) Davis and Howard

B) Davis and McGee

C) Davis and Kuzma
Citizen Arcane
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:

Tell me which frontcourt combo you'd rather see play together most often this upcoming season:

A) Davis and Howard

B) Davis and McGee

C) Davis and Kuzma

Against a traditional center, Howard... against anyone else I'd take Davis and McGee unless Kuzma has taken a quantum leap forward as a defender or starts shooting the three at closer to 40%
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:

A) Davis and Howard

B) Davis and McGee

C) Davis and Kuzma

Against a traditional center, Howard... against anyone else I'd take Davis and McGee unless Kuzma has taken a quantum leap forward as a defender or starts shooting the three at closer to 40%

So Kuzma is out for you. Gotcha.

So you're cool with Lebron running a fair number of PnRs with Howard and McGee while AD spots up behind the 3pt line as a floor-spacer?
Citizen Arcane
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:

A) Davis and Howard

B) Davis and McGee

C) Davis and Kuzma

So Kuzma is out for you. Gotcha.

So you're cool with Lebron running a fair number of PnRs with Howard and McGee while AD spots up behind the 3pt line as a floor-spacer?

Wouldn't the three be interchangeable with AD getting the majority of minutes? Dwight and JaVale splitting center minutes with Kuzma getting half PF minutes and half SF minutes when LBJ is resting...

Where did I say to put McGee and Howard on at the same time?

Even so, AD's 33% from three was better than Boogie's 27% last season.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Good read here

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2019/8/24/20831066/lakers-dwight-howard-impressed-lebron-james-anthony-davis-kobe-bryant-redemption-shams-charania

Looks like Laker team was on board before Dwight signing even Lebron. So good Lakers got buyin
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 20 of 137
Jump to: