Screw the Clips, Bucks Roster is the real threat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
I dont even think bucks played a great game

Giannis played 32 minutes
Middleton played 29 minutes
Bledsoe didnt play

Bucks are scary. the team is only really 1.5 years old and dominating. imagine how theyd gel with a few more games this season and more playoff experience

they're additions of Matthews, Robin Lopez, Korver is better than 1 of Brogdon

Giannis had a career night from 3 for starters. He's never shot more than 4 in a game and every team lays off him

isnt that how greatness starts? you improve weaknesses in your game. Lebron points to San Antonio finals loss to what catapulted his outside shooting improvements. Gianni's mechanics are not as great as Lebron's though, so I dont think he has the potential to be more than a mediocre outside shooter, but his three point and free throw shooting this year is vast improvement to years past.

It's how greatness starts if you end up doing it consistently. Doing it one night against the Lakers is generally called a 'one off'.

He has improved his 3 point shooting but it's still low 30's, well below league average. The evidence points to Giannis fluking in a career night from 3, which helped because the Lakers kept Giannis out of the paint fairly easily.

The gameplan for Giannis is the gameplan for early Lebron - make him beat you over the top. More often than not he won't

We’ll see. He looks like the next all time Great to me

Doncic and Ingram

And that wasn't the argument. His 3 point shooting this year coming into this game was 31%. Him shooting 63% from 3 tonight isn't greatness when it's such an outlier. It's luck

Disagree. It’s not luck. It’s process. He will only get better, IMO

If he doesn't shoot consistently well then it's not process. It's luck

Once again, we disagree.
Pretty sure he’s practicing improving that aspect of his game. He’s said as much. Takes time.

And if he's consistent in the future we can say the process paid off for him. That he isn't right now means this performance is more luck

I don’t see it that way.
The process pays off each day if you’re focused and working at it. He appears to be the type of player that is committed to being great at everything.
I wouldn’t bet against the guy

If it was the process that led to him shooting 63% from 3 then we should see it more often. Because the process is reliable and can be called upon regularly. That he doesn't do this regularly means it is unreliable, and therefore not the process. It was luck.

Nope
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

Bledsoe didnt play

Bucks are scary. the team is only really 1.5 years old and dominating. imagine how theyd gel with a few more games this season and more playoff experience

Giannis had a career night from 3 for starters. He's never shot more than 4 in a game and every team lays off him

isnt that how greatness starts? you improve weaknesses in your game. Lebron points to San Antonio finals loss to what catapulted his outside shooting improvements. Gianni's mechanics are not as great as Lebron's though, so I dont think he has the potential to be more than a mediocre outside shooter, but his three point and free throw shooting this year is vast improvement to years past.

It's how greatness starts if you end up doing it consistently. Doing it one night against the Lakers is generally called a 'one off'.

He has improved his 3 point shooting but it's still low 30's, well below league average. The evidence points to Giannis fluking in a career night from 3, which helped because the Lakers kept Giannis out of the paint fairly easily.

The gameplan for Giannis is the gameplan for early Lebron - make him beat you over the top. More often than not he won't

Doncic and Ingram

And that wasn't the argument. His 3 point shooting this year coming into this game was 31%. Him shooting 63% from 3 tonight isn't greatness when it's such an outlier. It's luck

Once again, we disagree.
Pretty sure he’s practicing improving that aspect of his game. He’s said as much. Takes time.

And if he's consistent in the future we can say the process paid off for him. That he isn't right now means this performance is more luck

I don’t see it that way.
The process pays off each day if you’re focused and working at it. He appears to be the type of player that is committed to being great at everything.

If it was the process that led to him shooting 63% from 3 then we should see it more often. Because the process is reliable and can be called upon regularly. That he doesn't do this regularly means it is unreliable, and therefore not the process. It was luck.

Nope

Yep
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

Bledsoe didnt play

Doncic and Ingram

Once again, we disagree.

I don’t see it that way.

Nope

Yep

Agree to disagree
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject:

stop the quoting
there's 3 responses filling up one page..lol
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Bucks needed Giannis to have 5 3PM and good FT shooting
just to beat the Lakers imagine if he missed 3 of those 3pt shots? The Lakers might have win this game. Though the Lakers lost, I think they have a good job keeping Giannis away from the shaded lane and forcing him to be in foul trouble. But unfortunately for the Lakers, Giannis hit his 3 pts. I dont think he can do that 4 games against the Lakers.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Giannis

"I wasn't the #1 pick. AD was. Lebron was. I wasn't supposed to be here. I'm just happy that I'm here, going through the process and I always want to be better."
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
just to beat the Lakers imagine if he missed 3 of those 3pt shots? The Lakers might have win this game. Though the Lakers lost, I think they have a good job keeping Giannis away from the shaded lane and forcing him to be in foul trouble. But unfortunately for the Lakers, Giannis hit his 3 pts. I dont think he can do that 4 games against the Lakers.

Middleton and Lopez had mediocre games, and they were missing Bledsoe
Lebron and AD had they're usual games, minus a few points from lebron
Green, KCP had unusually great games

so with all that whats more likely to normalize (especially in playoffs) and if it does, who has the advantage?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject:

This Bucks roster is made for regular season. Type of team that you can take into deep water and drown them. But if they can get someone like a healthy CP3 and Gallo and trade Bledsoe and Middleton and fillers than it could go either way.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
leking006 wrote:

so with all that whats more likely to normalize (especially in playoffs) and if it does, who has the advantage?

I think it's a blessing in disguise for the Bucks that Bledsoe is not there. The Lakers had a hard time putting a wall on Giannis because they can't sag on George Hill. Mddleton and Lopez had a mediocre game mainly because of Lakers defense and I think it will stay that way.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject:

currently eating crow regarding the bucks

damn
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject:

The Bucks are a very good team and yesterday they deserved the win but let's see, they need to win first against two of Heat, 76ers, Celtics and Raptors. Last year everybody assumed that the Bucks would go to the final and then they lost against Toronto.

We need to consider first Dallas, Clippers and Houston.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

Lakers got spanked. It happens over a long season. Team just needs to regroup and move on to the next game and stop the losing streak.

Give the Bucks credit. Their defense was fantastic. They worked hard as a team all game, rotated to contest and have the length and coaching to interrupt the lob attempts the Lakers thrive on.

Bucks are an experienced playoff tested team led by the MVP. Lakers are a revamped team trying to get to that level this season. That chemistry and trust in your teammates is earned and special. Lakers are just not there yet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

Not coincidental (except the Pacers loss) that we cannot beat the really well coached/good teams.

Clips/Raps/Bucks all had our number and stopped LBJ pretty much. You stop him and our juggernaut's engine comes to a halt. We need to figure out better rotations and get some bodies via trade/buyouts. We have time b/f the playoffs but it's a bit concerning that we can't beat the contender teams.

I think we will be great against 95% of the NBA and be a favorite to beat them on a nightly basis. Against contenders, that's more dubious.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The biggest question coming out of tonight’s game:

1. How the Lakers matchup vs LAC/MIL
2. How the Lakers matchup up vs 27 teams

The Lakers will have their roster flaws exposed on such rare occasions, do they dismiss them as “fixable” or do they look to address them via trade

https://twitter.com/bj_metta/status/1207953836255563776?s=21

Pretty much. I’m in the “need to address” camp.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
leking006 wrote:

I would think it is still hard to say. Niether team has hit their full product perhaps. The Lakers didn't have Kuzma...but we are not exactly sure if that matters. Vogel believes Kuzma can be big for the Lakers if he is healthy. We will see.

Truth is, the Lakers have really played their entire healthy lineup all season...someone has always been out..Rondo, Kuzma, Bradley.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
This Bucks roster is made for regular season. Type of team that you can take into deep water and drown them. But if they can get someone like a healthy CP3 and Gallo and trade Bledsoe and Middleton and fillers than it could go either way.

Why would they trade Bledsoe and Middleton? That makes no sense.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1207898530934751232?s=21

It’s funny Lou gets the calls, especially after he (bleep) out the officials and gets ejected.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

I honestly think the Bucks will be the #1 seeded team in the East and may even get out of the East. But they won't win the title so long as they don't have a second elite player.

People will say Raps. Kawhi didn't play the teams the Bucks would this year. The type of 2 star teams the Bucks have to face will be an issue for them. They don't even have an elite ballhandler or all-star level point like Kawhi did to get him the ball. Kawhi even had a great trio of bigs in Gasol, Ibaka, Pascal.

Their offense is fantastic - built around Giannis' greatness. The team reminds me a lot of the prime Dwight Howard magic, A lot of great spacing around a dominant paint player, a fantastic defender. No elite or all-star level second player. Like with Dwight, I think eventually you will see Giannis recognize this. Remember Coach Bud's Hawks teams also won the East RS and then failed in the playoffs. His teams usually lack the 1-2 punch of ring teams, and this is no different.

I'll take our team any day over the Bucks roster, even if the Bucks end up doing better than us this year. To me the teams that could win a title this year all have legit 2 elite options. Only Miwaukee does not. It will catch up to them in the playoffs. We're built (and unfortunately so are the Clips) to win a title. The Bucks are built for a great RS and good playoff runs, no title. Not saying we will win the title, but if I had to pick rosters for the next 2 years I easily choose ours. If I were picking players for the next 5-7 years, of course I'd probably take Giannis by a little over AD, and by a lot (due to age) over Lebron.

All that said, I love the way Milwaukee plays, and I respect coach Bud and Giannis. If Lakers fail to win a ring, I'd definitely smile to see them beat down the Clippers (even though I think the Clippers would win that match up). If I'm Milwaukee I do everything in my power to trade Middleton and picks for a more dominant scoring guard/wing. If there's one available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Ok, now we seen the preview vs the Bucks and in couple days we’ll see one with the Clips on Xmas (1st game really didn’t count), Bucks prob staying put but Clips I expect will tinker and bring some size to match up with us/Bucks.

This roster has a chance to win against either team in a 7 game series but I’m not so sure we’ll be the favorite. We always stall and got ran on when LeBron sits, what do we need? Who’s expendable?

By the way, playoff time, I think teams can double Giannis and get the ball out of his hands like they do Harden but Clips got 2 of those (3 with Lou) that can score without help

Last edited by governator on Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

Bud is quietly the MDA of the East. Great regular season teams, gets MVPs for his guys. But come playoffs, yeah.

But Giannis, this dude is insane. Wish we could have him but don't seem like things will align for that to happen.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Lebron was pretty terrible at the end, 21 points from lebron in playoff games wont help us win a lot of games against top teams.
DG has a great night, but our bench has unusually bad games, . They should cancel out.

Vogel needs to find a rotation, I saw some of our players turning down wide open 3s because they don’t have confidence in them anymore

ADs shot has been off especially from the 3, hopefully he finds his stroke soon
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bud is quietly the MDA of the East. Great regular season teams, gets MVPs for his guys. But come playoffs, yeah.

But Giannis, this dude is insane. Wish we could have him but don't seem like things will align for that to happen.

At some point Giannis is going to see this Bucks team for what it is. A team that has no second superstar or even a consistent second all-star. Middleton is a sometimes all-star, more along the lines of all-star calibder. If by end of next season the Bucks don't get him a second star, I think he will be advised to leave. He may just be a loyal guy and stay with them, but at some point, a trade demand is coming. IMO he either leaves as a FA in 2021 or asks for a trade within 2-3 years. He is an exceptional talent, who worked on his weakness in his game. He deserves to be paired with a second all-star to give him a legit shot at a ring or rings. IMO,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

At some point Giannis is going to see this Bucks team for what it is. A team that has no second superstar or even a consistent second all-star. Middleton is a sometimes all-star, more along the lines of all-star calibder. If by end of next season the Bucks don't get him a second star, I think he will be advised to leave. He may just be a loyal guy and stay with them, but at some point, a trade demand is coming. IMO he either leaves as a FA in 2021 or asks for a trade within 2-3 years. He is an exceptional talent, who worked on his weakness in his game. He deserves to be paired with a second all-star to give him a legit shot at a ring or rings. IMO,

Where will he go to get a 2nd bona fide star?

ON the one hand, he'd leave a team tailor made for him.

If he joins a team with enough cap space for 2 max, then he won't have the depth and tailor made team around him.

My dream of all dreams, even more than when LBJ joined us in 2018, is a Giannis/AD duo.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

LeBron-Giannis-AD-Boogie-D39/JaVale LoL length length length
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

Teams are going to get up to play us. I feel like we approach these marquee games very lackadaisically while the Clips/Bucks approach it like it's Game 7 of the Finals.

I get that it's a regular season, but we do not have the luxury of falling behind against the elite teams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17
Jump to: