Dwight's Presence Will Be Reminder of What's at Stake for Lakers, Anthony Davis

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Dwight's Presence Will Be Reminder of What's at Stake for Lakers, Anthony Davis

Hey All,

Latest at @BleacherReport Dwight's Presence Will Be Reminder of What's at Stake for Lakers, Anthony Davis
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2856375-dwights-presence-will-be-reminder-of-whats-at-stake-for-lakers-anthony-davis

Cheers,

EP
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Great article Eric...

I agree that the overall situation is the same for the Lakers, they traded a ton both times for an established big man.

But as you said, the two main differences are:
1. The incoming persons' attitude.
2. The NBA great who was already with the Lakers.

Howard though he was God's gift to the NBA and nobody could tell him he had to take things seriously, give up candy and needed to be shown how to be a winner! I think Kobe has to share the blame for pushing him away, rather than welcoming him into the fold!, it was as if Kobe did not respect him!

While LeBron did some major rear-kissing to AD, putting him in a movie, telling him how great he is and publicly stating the Offense should run through AD because he is that good!

I'm thinking AD will stay and the MAJOR reason he would want to leave is if the Coach does not honor his request to NOT play the 5...!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Blame Kobe for telling Dwight his best path?

Imagine if Dwight grasper the Tyson Chandler role?
echobats
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Please help me understand. I have read that the only preferred destination for Anthony Davis if he were to decide to leave after this season is the Knicks. From what their salary cap looks like, they couldn't possibly find space to sign him. Is this correct?
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

echobats wrote:
Please help me understand. I have read that the only preferred destination for Anthony Davis if he were to decide to leave after this season is the Knicks. From what their salary cap looks like, they couldn't possibly find space to sign him. Is this correct?

Most of New York's players have non-guaranteed contracts (or team options) next season.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/new-york-knicks-team-salary/

The Knicks should have plenty of cap space in 2020.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: