Ex-Laker Young Guys Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Ex-Laker Young Guys Discussion

This isn't meant to be a thread where we mourn the loss of our guys. I just wanted to make a thread where we can have a healthy discussion of our baby boys.

Ingram is absolutely killing it!! Im so happy for him. Had a massive game vs Nuggets. His playmaking has taken a step up, his 3 pointer looks to be improved a lot. This is all without an off-season.

Last night Nuggets made a run, BI came in and made 3 straight plays (assists for 3's) and a drive.

Go Young Drip King!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

December 2018:

They all suck. Garbage trade proposal from delusional Laker fans.

Sincerely,
Pels fans

November 2019:

“Wow! Brandon Ingram is so good! Lonzo directing the team! Josh Hart 3&D baby!”
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
December 2018:

They all suck. Garbage trade proposal from delusional Laker fans.

Sincerely,
Pels fans

November 2019:

“Wow! Brandon Ingram is so good! Lonzo directing the team! Josh Hart 3&D baby!”

He's Travis Outlaw!! - Some Laker fans
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

At the end of the day, I believe two teams actually made a deal that greatly benefitted them.

Lakers spent 6 years in the lottery and are frankly terrible at developing young players b/c they lack the institutional patience. So they traded for a top 3 MVP caliber AD in his prime, and the Pels, who have a lot more patience from their small fanbase can develop our YUTES.

I didn't like the pick swaps and future 1sts, but I understand why they did what they did. AD is on a different level as the YUTES but I think the Pels will love our guys as they age too.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
At the end of the day, I believe two teams actually made a deal that greatly benefitted them.

Lakers spent 6 years in the lottery and are frankly terrible at developing young players b/c they lack the institutional patience. So they traded for a top 3 MVP caliber AD in his prime, and the Pels, who have a lot more patience from their small fanbase can develop our YUTES.

I didn't like the pick swaps and future 1sts, but I understand why they did what they did. AD is on a different level as the YUTES but I think the Pels will love our guys as they age too.

Yep great points brother. I love being able to tune into 2 laker teams now
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

^^ and I don’t want to ever hear again from any media outlet that the Lakers are trying to rip off another franchise.

If anything, the Lakers generally pay a premium for petty, insecure dealings with other franchises. Meanwhile, those same franchises make stupid trades with anyone not named Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's just frustrating and laughable to watch Pels bloggers who sat there trashing BI/Lonzo (and mocking us Lakers fans who were saying they were really good prospects) in February 2019 to now see them praise them effusively (and not apologize to us fans for being right about them).
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's just frustrating and laughable to watch Pels bloggers who sat there trashing BI/Lonzo (and mocking us Lakers fans who were saying they were really good prospects) in February 2019 to now see them praise them effusively (and not apologize to us fans for being right about them).

There's also this weird subgroup of LeBron fans who still trash our young guys.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There's also this weird subgroup of LeBron fans who still trash our young guys.

Let's not go there.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

I wish nothing but the best for our former young players. In the short time they were here, they still made it exciting.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

I hope we somehow get BI back on this team when hes around 26-27 hes gonna be all nba by that time
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
I hope we somehow get BI back on this team when hes around 26-27 hes gonna be all nba by that time

During the game they were reporting that BI said there were too many distractions outside of basketball in L.A. We don't know if he was just talking about the whole AD-saga or other things too.

I just think BI is a blue-collared, quiet kid and not used to all the noise and drama that comes with being a Laker. Some guys have no problem with it and even embrace it. He's just wired differently and that's ok. Just wasn't a good fit. A small market like NO, where basketball takes a back seat to football, is the perfect environment for him.

Lonzo is a guy that I could see wanting to come back though. He has socal roots.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

This
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

During the game they were reporting that BI said there were too many distractions outside of basketball in L.A. We don't know if he was just talking about the whole AD-saga or other things too.

I just think BI is a blue-collared, quiet kid and not used to all the noise and drama that comes with being a Laker. Some guys have no problem with it and even embrace it. He's just wired differently and that's ok. Just wasn't a good fit. A small market like NO, where basketball takes a back seat to football, is the perfect environment for him.

Lonzo is a guy that I could see wanting to come back though. He has socal roots.

The full quote made it seem like BI handled it pretty well and didnt affect him like the others.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

i miss Josh Hart

https://twitter.com/RyanJatho/status/1188261968018378752

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1190120230980345856

he's the GOAT.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This

Dang, I didn't notice I still said "our guys."
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

^They still feel like our guys, started as Lakers -- once a Laker, always a Laker. It doesn't hurt to have Joel Meyers calling their non-nationally televised games either. Sigh, nostalgia.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

I don’t buy the whole BI wasn’t a good fit nonsense. He was a good fit, he was just young that’s all. Last year he played his role well and avg 18ppg next to Lebron and Kuzma. His 3 point shooting was improving, his percentages have always been good just not the volume, I anticipated that the volume will increase as he got more comfortable and as soon as he’s away from Luke’s system. That’s exactly what has happened, he’s attempting 7 3s per game making 50% of those, that’s insane efficiency, we could use that type of efficiency now on this team.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This

Dang, I didn't notice I still said "our guys."

Still our guys at heart
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

I don’t buy the whole BI wasn’t a good fit nonsense. He was a good fit, he was just young that’s all. Last year he played his role well and avg 18ppg next to Lebron and Kuzma. His 3 point shooting was improving, his percentages have always been good just not the volume, I anticipated that the volume will increase as he got more comfortable and as soon as he’s away from Luke’s system. That’s exactly what has happened, he’s attempting 7 3s per game making 50% of those, that’s insane efficiency, we could use that type of efficiency now on this team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The dangerous thing would be if is only a one year window.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Pels bloggers are literally like 3 people.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

I wasn't talking about basketball.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

I wasn't talking about basketball.

Out of all the youngins he wqs the one that was strictly 100% basketball. Zo/Kuz/dlo all love hollywood more than bball. Thats why change of scenario was good for dlo. BI never wavered just kept improving anf thats why out of all the young players he was never shook about the trade talks like Kuz/Zo cuz he only cares about bball while others loved the lakers lifestlye. Now hes showing with his improvement and competent coaching what hes capable of
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

Lonzo is still garbage in my opinion.

He's not a PG for a championship team. Doesn't have the killer instinct. Can't trust him to make shots or free throws.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: