Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject:

Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Bol wrote:
NMLaker wrote:
Gina is also a crazy Trump anti-masker.

Yeah, Disney can't be happy about that. Makes me wonder if her days on the show are numbered.

Maybe LINK

Why does her political stance matter?

Same reason you used 9% of your total posts to reply.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Bol wrote:
NMLaker wrote:

Yeah, Disney can't be happy about that. Makes me wonder if her days on the show are numbered.

Maybe LINK

It doesn't relating to the Mandalorian. The outcry is about the position she’s taken on something that’s killing thousands of Americans, wearing masks and her support of a racist.

Also, this show is for children and they are impressionable. Costumed characters are their heroes. They may take their life positions to heart. I’m guessing many who’re calling for her dismissal are parents who don’t want their children exposed to what they deem a bad influence.

Others, like me, think her stances are harmful to democracy by her support of a narcissistic, misogynistic, homophobic, racist. She maintains positions proven to be without merit. Voter fraud and such. She's like Trump throws $hit against the wall and see what sticks.

I like the character, I'm not calling for her dismissal. I don't like her political or mask positions. Also they may be harmful to Disney's image. That may be what management is considering.

Read the link in my post above.

TIME LEFT UNTIL TRUMP LEAVES OFFICE

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wukong8
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Bol wrote:
NMLaker wrote:

Maybe LINK

It doesn't relating to the Mandalorian. The outcry is about the position she’s taken on something that’s killing thousands of Americans, wearing masks and her support of a racist.

Also, this show is for children and they are impressionable. Costumed characters are their heroes. They may take their life positions to heart. I’m guessing many who’re calling for her dismissal are parents who don’t want their children exposed to what they deem a bad influence.

Others, like me, think her stances are harmful to democracy by her support of a narcissistic, misogynistic, homophobic, racist. She maintains positions proven to be without merit. Voter fraud and such. She's like Trump throws $hit against the wall and see what sticks.

I like the character, I'm not calling for her dismissal. I don't like her political or mask positions. Also they may be harmful to Disney's image. That may be what management is considering.

That link doesn't show any signs of racism. Why are people trying to force her to say things she doesn't want to?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Bol wrote:
NMLaker wrote:

Maybe LINK

That link doesn't show any signs of racism. Why are people trying to force her to say things she doesn't want to?

No one's trying to force her to say anything. Trump's a racist? IMO supporting him means you support his racist views. e.g. Central Park 5, Muslim ban, calling countries led by Blacks $hithole countries, sued for his renting policies to Blacks. I could list more but it would take too much page space.

Trump rhetoric.

Quote:
We need to clean up the election process so we are not left feeling the way we do today.
Put laws in place that protect us against voter fraud.
Investigate every state.
Film the counting.
Flush out the fake votes.
Require ID.
Make Voter Fraud end in 2020.
Fix the system. 🇺🇸

Quote:
While President Donald Trump wasn't actually mentioned by name, the mere association was too much for some fans of the Star Wars spinoff, who found her post akin to turning to the dark side! Some fans even suggested Disney should fire Gina Carano.

The Mandalorian is unusually long for a season, 13 chapters. We're only on chapter 5. I hope Gina's not written out.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wukong8
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Bol wrote:
NMLaker wrote:

Maybe LINK

No one's trying to force her to say anything. Trump's a racist? IMO supporting him means you support his racist views. e.g. Central Park 5, Muslim ban, calling countries led by Blacks $hithole countries, sued for his renting policies to Blacks. I could list more but it would take too much page space.

Trump rhetoric.

Quote:
We need to clean up the election process so we are not left feeling the way we do today.
Investigate every state.
Film the counting.
Require ID.
Fix the system. 🇺🇸

Quote:
While President Donald Trump wasn't actually mentioned by name, the mere association was too much for some fans of the Star Wars spinoff, who found her post akin to turning to the dark side! Some fans even suggested Disney should fire Gina Carano.

The Mandalorian is unusually long for a season, 13 chapters. We're only on chapter 5. I hope Gina's not written out.

The link mentioned people said she should edit her profile to show transgender support. Why does she have to do that?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Oh look, it’s the troll formerly known as Jhin/wvc/ etc., come back to be concerned once more for unfair anti trump sentiment...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Oh look, it’s the troll formerly known as Jhin/wvc/ etc., come back to be concerned once more for unfair anti trump sentiment...

OL to the rescue! Thanks OL. Goodbye Wukong8. Your 13th post wasn't a jinx, it was a discovery. Have a nice day. LINK

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

The last episode was incredible. So awesome seeing not just *a* Jedi but Ahsoka. And the Thrawn mention. I wonder if she’s going to get a spin-off show or if this show will split into 2 plots now, a la Better Call Saul.

Rosario was great but part of me does wish they’d cast an unknown so I only saw the character and not Rosario in makeup. But I’m sure I’ll get over that eventually.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The last episode was incredible. So awesome seeing not just *a* Jedi but Ahsoka. And the Thrawn mention. I wonder if she’s going to get a spin-off show or if this show will split into 2 plots now, a la Better Call Saul.

Rosario was great but part of me does wish they’d cast an unknown so I only saw the character and not Rosario in makeup. But I’m sure I’ll get over that eventually.

THAT'S Rosario? If you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have known!

LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Bol wrote:
NMLaker wrote:

Maybe LINK

Trump rhetoric.

Quote:
Investigate every state.
Film the counting.
Require ID.
Fix the system. 🇺🇸

Quote:

The link mentioned people said she should edit her profile to show transgender support. Why does she have to do that?

If you don't support the views of leftist you can't work. That's the world we live in. Can't wait to see what they end of doing with Thrawn
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Bol wrote:
NMLaker wrote:

Maybe LINK

Trump rhetoric.

Quote:
Investigate every state.
Film the counting.
Require ID.
Fix the system. 🇺🇸

Quote:

If you don't support the views of leftist you can't work. That's the world we live in. Can't wait to see what they end of doing with Thrawn

Funny how leftism these days is just not being racist, not being obtusely endangering to yourself and others, and accepting reality.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:

If you don't support the views of leftist you can't work.

It's fun to learn about the Qanon subspecies of Trump supporter! Tell me: what part of your organism evolved, or didn't, to make you think it'd be cool to push certifiable moron stuff like pizzagate on a forum, cementing your place as a running joke, only to come back and do the victimhood thing?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

>use Michael Biehn; kill Michael Biehn
>Ahsoka Tano in live action

Yep that's a 10

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Wukong8 wrote:
Why are people trying to force her to say things she doesn't want to?

It's not about what Gina is not saying and all about what she is saying . . . but you already know that. You just have to resort to intellectual dishonesty because that's all you've got.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

I really liked Rosario as Ahsoka. Wasn't sure if it would work in live action but they pulled it off. The costume and make-up people deserve awards, she looked perfect.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
C M B wrote:
That was the best episode of the series.

You gonna get into Marvel now too?

I digress, I love that you like it.

Cheers!

I love Marvel comics. I love most of the X-Men movies and a couple of M studios ones. It's ok to be picky.

Good to see you're alive, J

I remembered that you dislike the Marvel movies so I suppose I assumed it covered the whole genre. Then again, it's been a crazy year and my brain has turned to mush so I'm probably completely wrong, lol.

Anyhow, yeah wow this show's got me back into Star Wars big time. I'd gone luke warm on it after the last trilogy but this series is fantastic!

And yup, still alive! Good to see ya' ol buddy!

Last edited by lakerjoshua on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
I really liked Rosario as Ahsoka. Wasn't sure if it would work in live action but they pulled it off. The costume and make-up people deserve awards, she looked perfect.

I completely geeked out when she lit up her lightsabers, was spot on! At times during the episode, I couldn't tell if she was CGI or real. Soooo good.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Bol wrote:

I completely geeked out when she lit up her lightsabers, was spot on! At times during the episode, I couldn't tell if she was CGI or real. Soooo good.

Neither could I. Hell, I couldn't even tell it was Rosario. The visuals are outstanding. Who gets credit for that, the production manager?

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Tonight's episode felt like original canon Star Wars.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Tonight's episode felt like original canon Star Wars.

Pretty good.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

Wish they'd made each episode 1 hour or at least 45 minutes. 30 minutes isn't enough for me.

I watched the movie Fresh. Giancarlo Esposito, Moff Gideon, played a drug dealer. The movie came out in 1994. Esposito was ripped. He had a real 6 pack.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

This season has gotten so good. After that frog lady episode I really wasn’t sure how the rest of the season would go but man the last 2 episodes might be the best 2 of the series. I can’t wait for the next one.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wish they'd made each episode 1 hour or at least 45 minutes. 30 minutes isn't enough for me.

I watched the movie Fresh. Giancarlo Esposito, Moff Gideon, played a drug dealer. The movie came out in 1994. Esposito was ripped. He had a real 6 pack.

Esposito was in some Spike Lee movies back in the day, but I came to like him on Homicide: Life In The Streets. He played an FBI agent who was the son of Lt. Al Giordello (Yaphet Kotto, who was cheated out of the role of Jean-Luc Picard, but I digress and Stewart was good).

Yes, 45 minutes minimum should be the episode length. It's not like they're shooting 39 per season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

What's going to happen to Mayfield. He saw The Mandalorian's face. No living being has ever seen his face. No one is supposed to see his face "That Is The Way." It's The Mandalorian code.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
What's going to happen to Mayfield. He saw The Mandalorian's face. No living being has ever seen his face. No one is supposed to see his face "That Is The Way." It's The Mandalorian code.

I think their conversation in the “truck” kinda of covered that (and will probably foreshadow Mando crossing/blurring lines in the future).
Remember Mayfield talking about mandalorian code and it’s easy to stick to a code until it gets in your way, ie. Mando wouldn’t take his helmet off, then he took it off to put the stormtrooper gear on, then he shows his face. He’s realizing (and showing) that “The Way” might not be right all the time. It’s really cool to see his development.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: