Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
The ONLY TV I would buy and the ONLY TV I would recommend to friends and family is an LG OLED, period end of story. It is absolutely the VERY BEST picture you can buy.

Yeah, without checking, I think there are two basic sizes 65" & 55".

I don't know the OP, and you can certainly buy whatever you want, but (again) my advice would be to save up until you can afford an OLED, you will thank me....!

Why OLED?

Hello LBP,

As you probably learned the OLED (O = Organic) LED's, is a completely different and more expensive technology to recreate video signals. Each (O)LED will turn off when producing black instead of bombarding the LED with all colors (which typically produces a dark gray).

Like what was said above, if someone takes the time to look at an OLD picture and compare the colors, depth, clarity, detail, shadows and overall quality, you will want one...!

PS: My next TV will be the 77" OLED (currently own a 65" OLED)...

cheers...
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
The ONLY TV I would buy and the ONLY TV I would recommend to friends and family is an LG OLED, period end of story. It is absolutely the VERY BEST picture you can buy.

I don't know the OP, and you can certainly buy whatever you want, but (again) my advice would be to save up until you can afford an OLED, you will thank me....!

Why OLED?

Hello LBP,

As you probably learned the OLED (O = Organic) LED's, is a completely different and more expensive technology to recreate video signals. Each (O)LED will turn off when producing black instead of bombarding the LED with all colors (which typically produces a dark gray).

Like what was said above, if someone takes the time to look at an OLD picture and compare the colors, depth, clarity, detail, shadows and overall quality, you will want one...!

PS: My next TV will be the 77" OLED (currently own a 65" OLED)...

cheers...

Thanks bro
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Why OLED?

Go into a store and compare the picture quality against a non-OLED TV and you won't be asking that question.
They also have the 77" version as well, but I'm guessing not a lot of people have 5k to spend on a TV.

Ok.

Seems to be some miscommunication.

I was hoping to understand why OLED is so much better. You took that as my challenging your advice/expertise.

Anyways, it’s cool. I found a youtube video explaining why.

Nope, just saying you have to see it with your own eyes to understand why its so much better. You can read about why its better but you have to see it in person, then you will full comprehend why OLED TV's are much more expensive.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Why OLED?

Go into a store and compare the picture quality against a non-OLED TV and you won't be asking that question.
They also have the 77" version as well, but I'm guessing not a lot of people have 5k to spend on a TV.

Ok.

Seems to be some miscommunication.

I was hoping to understand why OLED is so much better. You took that as my challenging your advice/expertise.

Anyways, it’s cool. I found a youtube video explaining why.

Nope, just saying you have to see it with your own eyes to understand why its so much better. You can read about why its better but you have to see it in person, then you will full comprehend why OLED TV's are much more expensive.

It’s alright. I was really just curious about what made one technology superior to the other.

I did get my answer from a youtube video and someone else did help explain it to me.

Sorry for the miscommunication.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Another thing, (or two) LG owns a OLED manufacturing plant and it cost them a bundle to make it, but it ensured they will have the best screens.

Samsung has their QLED and it looks really good, but not as good as OLED.

Lastly BOTH Sony and Panasonic buy OLED screens from LG, and put them own electronics (drivers) in them, they did this because they understand that the OLED's are the best out there!

I've also read that the Sony OLED TVs are even better than the LGs, but at an even higher price point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: