black friday 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

I got a 55 inch TV off Target.com (pick up at store) for $219 which includes tax.

Not a name brand (Element) but $219 for a 55 inch TV? I like it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: black friday 2019

CandyCanes wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
what did you buy / what do you want?

I saved a whole bunch of money today by not buying into the Black Friday (bleep).

I think it's been proven that prices the weekend before Christmas are overall a bigger discount than Black Friday.

Black Friday seems like a gimmick. If the deals were so good, then why would these companies *make* money off of it?

Its one of the busiest shopping days of the year, they make it up on foot traffic. Very rarely do you see people camping out in front of stores, and people do it every year for Black Friday. (which for some retailers have turned into Thursday evening openings)

Last edited by lakersken80 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I bought an Oculus Rift S even though I don't game much anymore (Half Life: Alyx prepared though). Maybe I'll do mediation or watch movies on it until.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

FYI....subscribed to the Athletic today with a 66% discount. Total for the year was $20. If interested just go to their website, then go to one of the city specific sites and the discount banner is across the top for today only (Cyber Monday).

https://theathletic.com/losangeles/
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

don't forget to get your retroactive price matches for any recent purchases
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject:

i got 3x5qt castrol full synthetic 5w-30 for $13 each with amazon subscribe & save

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TS9ZYWI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=1b7fd174168111eab2f38e1f5ac956b70INT&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject:

i got 3x5qt castrol full synthetic 5w-30 for $13 each with amazon subscribe & save

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TS9ZYWI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=1b7fd174168111eab2f38e1f5ac956b70INT&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Bam! I got a similar deal about half a year or so. I'm all set for the next 2 years of driving! 5q @ 13 for full synthetic is just stupid low lol.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Home Depot pointsetta $0.99 each, Entrance stairs beautified For $10

what size?

there's only one size for the $0.99 (u gotta go there I guess), bought a bunch of them. I think they still same price
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Oculus Go for $100 (Free due to giftcard) on Amazon. Still deciding if I want to watch movies with it on the train during my commute.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Best small deal I got was 36 triple or double a batteries for 6.97, and the best larger one was a 50 inch Vizio 4k for $161
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I got a 55 inch TV off Target.com (pick up at store) for $219 which includes tax.

TVs are so cheap now I wouldn't watch on an Element TV. How does it look? You can get a Sharp 55 inch right now at Best Buy for $229 (excludes tax)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-55-class-led-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6319560.p?acampID=0&loc=0&ref=8459201&skuId=6319560
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

TVs are so cheap now I wouldn't watch on an Element TV. How does it look? You can get a Sharp 55 inch right now at Best Buy for $229 (excludes tax)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-55-class-led-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6319560.p?acampID=0&loc=0&ref=8459201&skuId=6319560

There's a very good chance that they're the same panel. No chance either Sharp or Element make their own. In any event, entry level TV's are pretty much similar calibers across all brands. You start to see differences when more features like local dimming get introduced.

It's a lot like a "premium audio system" in your car or cheaper earbuds designed to be given free with a phone etc. They're perfectly fine unless you start approaching hobbyists. These TV's are still going to be "good enough" for the overwhelming majority of people. Most either don't care or don't care to tell the difference from moving up and I really can't blame them.

In any event, it's pretty crazy what you can get in terms of value these days. My brother had a company that made certain small parts for LG and Kyocera and he got the chance to go visit over there quite a few times. I remember in the early 2000s he was telling us how it was WAY cheaper to manufacture flat panels over t traditional CRT's. CRT's should have been phased out at least 5 years before they did.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

There's a very good chance that they're the same panel. No chance either Sharp or Element make their own. In any event, entry level TV's are pretty much similar calibers across all brands. You start to see differences when more features like local dimming get introduced.

It's a lot like a "premium audio system" in your car or cheaper earbuds designed to be given free with a phone etc. They're perfectly fine unless you start approaching hobbyists. These TV's are still going to be "good enough" for the overwhelming majority of people. Most either don't care or don't care to tell the difference from moving up and I really can't blame them.

In any event, it's pretty crazy what you can get in terms of value these days. My brother had a company that made certain small parts for LG and Kyocera and he got the chance to go visit over there quite a few times. I remember in the early 2000s he was telling us how it was WAY cheaper to manufacture flat panels over t traditional CRT's. CRT's should have been phased out at least 5 years before they did.

Wow, really? Element and Sharp would be the same? I wouldn't have guessed that.

I've had no name brand TVs before and the quality seemed different to me. But then, maybe it was all in my head.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I've had no name brand TVs before and the quality seemed different to me. But then, maybe it was all in my head.

I will tell you LBP, it seems like a very good picture to me. What my concern is more is durability, but at $219 they are practically disposable.

My last TV cost three times as much (Vizio) and I really liked it, but screen was smaller and it died after four years anyway with some type of power failure issue that is unfixable unless you are deep in the mix.

I will report back if it craps out or the picture goes sour!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I will tell you LBP, it seems like a very good picture to me. What my concern is more is durability, but at $219 they are practically disposable.

My last TV cost three times as much (Vizio) and I really liked it, but screen was smaller and it died after four years anyway with some type of power failure issue that is unfixable unless you are deep in the mix.

I will report back if it craps out or the picture goes sour!

Good luck!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: