What happened to Kuz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

He reminds me of Dion Waiters especially after LeBron returned to Cleveland in 2014. Kuzma has the same mindset. He wants to make a name for himself, but he doesn’t know how to play within the flow of the team offense and be a winning player. He’s a one-dimensional player. He has zero impact in other areas besides scoring. Unfortunately, Lakers are stuck with him for the time being, but LeBron and AD need a legit third scoring option and Kuzma isn’t it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

If you’re still expecting Kuzma to be just an average defender. You haven’t been paying attention. His defense (of lack thereof) has been like this since jump. Same goes for rebounding. Heck even if he was playing exclusively the 3, he’d still be a negative defensively and rebounding wise.

Just hope he gets hot when we need him in the postseason. Especially from deep.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
If you’re still expecting Kuzma to be just an average defender. You haven’t been paying attention. His defense (of lack thereof) has been like this since jump. Same goes for rebounding. Heck even if he was playing exclusively the 3, he’d still be a negative defensively and rebounding wise.

Kinda low key hope he struggles in the postseason.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma would probably be better suited for the 3 position. But LeBron isn't going to do that and Davis won't play the 5 nor does he have to.

But this is who Kuzma has always been.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Kuz

Fourplay wrote:
I am not talking about the ankle. kuz played with poise and swagger. Before he hit a couple of threes the game before last, I was questioning why he is in the rotation. He seems out of sorts—getting stripped of his dribble, being passive, rushing and missing shots. He also looks thin—as if recovering from the flu thin. He needs to figure it out because this is the first I have ever seen him play without any edge.

Popovich tried to teach him how to read the floor and make decision-making easier, and that kind of learning takes a lot of reps to evolve into something natural.

So now, he's being hidden offense where his only decision is to become a shooter.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Kinda low key hope he struggles in the postseason.

Why? We need him to step it up
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is similar to Jordan Clarkson. Just looking for that $20mm pay day and the Hollywood life
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Kuz is similar to Jordan Clarkson. Just looking for that $20mm pay day and the Hollywood life

I hope you’re wrong Lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Wasn't JC still a 6MOY candidate last year?

If he can be a 6'9 version of Clarkson, or even Lou Williams, then we're golden.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Wasn't JC still a 6MOY candidate last year?

He was not. 14 players received at least one vote for sixth man of the year. Clarkson wasn't one of the 14.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
AD23 wrote:

I hope you’re wrong Lol

He’s not though.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to Kuz

Mike@LG wrote:
Fourplay wrote:
I am not talking about the ankle. kuz played with poise and swagger. Before he hit a couple of threes the game before last, I was questioning why he is in the rotation. He seems out of sorts—getting stripped of his dribble, being passive, rushing and missing shots. He also looks thin—as if recovering from the flu thin. He needs to figure it out because this is the first I have ever seen him play without any edge.

Popovich tried to teach him how to read the floor and make decision-making easier, and that kind of learning takes a lot of reps to evolve into something natural.

So now, he's being hidden offense where his only decision is to become a shooter.

We need a 3nD big athletic forward, and that is not his natural talent. He can do it, but is he elite at it? Easy for Pop to use him that way since he did not have superstars like Lebron and AD on his squad. International ball is also different.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

Kuzma seems to spend more time fussing with his hair than he does his game.

It's tough for him right now, he's still a young player and he's struggling to fit in with this team. He should be working overtime with LeBron, AD and the coaching staff to shape his best role for the team. Frankly he should be the third best player on this team.

He needs to focus more on his game and follow the leadership on the team.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

The guy is so comfortable putting up numbers for bad teams, he's having a tough time adjusting to playing for a winner: https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/11/30/20989475/lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-bench-role-sixth-man-veteran-leadership
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

I brought up this thread not to trash him. I really like him. But I need him to play like the kid trying to make it out of Flint and not the face of Puma. He is really good on offense. He's getting wide open shots and missing. The ball is flying out of his hands without anyone touching him. He was never good on defense, but now, it is shaqtin' material. He is better than this. Injuries or not, he needs to lift weights because he looks weak, and he needs to forget about offense and focus on relentless defense. Right now, he is the weak link.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
The guy is so comfortable putting up numbers for bad teams, he's having a tough time adjusting to playing for a winner: https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/11/30/20989475/lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-bench-role-sixth-man-veteran-leadership

Tru dat!
At times he looks mentally lost or unsure on both ends of the floor.
Kuz has many holes in his game and it's going to take a lot of work for him to become a more solid player.
Now that he's playing with the big boys, he has to earn/find a way to fit in to best augment this team. To do that he needs to be healthy.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Fourplay wrote:
I brought up this thread not to trash him. I really like him. But I need him to play like the kid trying to make it out of Flint and not the face of Puma. He is really good on offense. He's getting wide open shots and missing. The ball is flying out of his hands without anyone touching him. He was never good on defense, but now, it is shaqtin' material. He is better than this. Injuries or not, he needs to lift weights because he looks weak, and he needs to forget about offense and focus on relentless defense. Right now, he is the weak link.

There have always been two Kuzmas: the real world Kuzma and the Kuzma of people's hopes. The real world Kuzma has actually exceeded my expectations, but he has never come close to other people's hopes. He is capable of burst scoring, which will make him a fan favorite. I just don't see him as ever being more than that. I hope to be proven wrong.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

The great Michael Jordon once said the reason why he cut his hair and went bald was that he was in the gym sweating so much, it was easier for him to shower afterwards and not worry about combing his hair.

Kuzma comes out with his feminine hairdos every other game, which certainly requires quite a bit of time and effort to look nice and sparkling. This makes me question his dedication to the work ethic and gym time required to being great, versus spending hours in the beauty salon.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
The great Michael Jordon once said the reason why he cut his hair and went bald was that he was in the gym sweating so much, it was easier for him to shower afterwards and not worry about combing his hair.

Kuzma comes out with his feminine hairdos every other game, which certainly requires quite a bit of time and effort to look nice and sparkling. This makes me question his dedication to the work ethic and gym time required to being great, versus spending hours in the beauty salon.

lol jordan went with the baldie cuz his hairline was receding rapidly!!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
troy wrote:

lol jordan went with the baldie cuz his hairline was receding rapidly!!

that too
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Then you would be drawing the wrong conclusion regarding his work ethic.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
There is a reason NOLA didn't want him.

but they did

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840786-lakers-trade-rumors-pelicans-want-kyle-kuzma-included-in-anthony-davis-package

Tania Ganguli‏ and Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times reported the Pelicans want Kyle Kuzma as part of any Davis package, while the Lakers are hesitant to move him.

Report: Pelicans want Kyle Kuzma most among all Lakers prospects"The Pelicans are interested in three of the Lakers’ young players — whether that’s Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram or Josh Hart — and the No. 4 draft pick in order to acquire Davis, according to people familiar with the trade discussions who were not authorized to speak publicly. It’s possible New Orleans could use the No. 4 pick to acquire a player from a third team.

Among the young Lakers, New Orleans covets Kuzma the most."

They got lucky that the Lakers picked Kuzma to keep cause he was cheaper than Ingram... cause they got Ingram right before he took off, and the Lakers kept Kuzma after he'd already landed.

Of course they wanted him. If the Lakers offered to throw him in, they would have taken it.

There was never an Ingram/Kuz choice is the point no matter how hard we stomp our feet.

There’s also the source to consider.

My only concern was if they were too transparent in preferring Kuz. If that's who you prefer, you keep that a secret and you negotiate as if that's not your top choice to keep. Then maybe you don't have to give an extra future pick or swap. If Griffin read the Lakers like an open booked, he too, can pretend he preferred Kuzma, so now the Lakers have to throw in sweeteners to keep Kuz.

My gut just tells me we got schooled. We spilled all our intentions and tells during the trade deadline of 2019.

This makes no sense. How did we get schooled?

What’s the piece you would NOT have given up for AD?

Simply theorizing if a better negotiator could have saved us a pick, a swap, etc. Or even keep Zo instead of Kuz, but that's moot if the Lakers wanted Kuz.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

The problem was going after Kawhi, they got bamboozled there. Otherwise we could have negotiated differently.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
There is a reason NOLA didn't want him.

but they did

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840786-lakers-trade-rumors-pelicans-want-kyle-kuzma-included-in-anthony-davis-package

Tania Ganguli‏ and Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times reported the Pelicans want Kyle Kuzma as part of any Davis package, while the Lakers are hesitant to move him.

Report: Pelicans want Kyle Kuzma most among all Lakers prospects"The Pelicans are interested in three of the Lakers’ young players — whether that’s Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram or Josh Hart — and the No. 4 draft pick in order to acquire Davis, according to people familiar with the trade discussions who were not authorized to speak publicly. It’s possible New Orleans could use the No. 4 pick to acquire a player from a third team.

Among the young Lakers, New Orleans covets Kuzma the most."

They got lucky that the Lakers picked Kuzma to keep cause he was cheaper than Ingram... cause they got Ingram right before he took off, and the Lakers kept Kuzma after he'd already landed.

Of course they wanted him. If the Lakers offered to throw him in, they would have taken it.

There was never an Ingram/Kuz choice is the point no matter how hard we stomp our feet.

There’s also the source to consider.

My only concern was if they were too transparent in preferring Kuz. If that's who you prefer, you keep that a secret and you negotiate as if that's not your top choice to keep. Then maybe you don't have to give an extra future pick or swap. If Griffin read the Lakers like an open booked, he too, can pretend he preferred Kuzma, so now the Lakers have to throw in sweeteners to keep Kuz.

My gut just tells me we got schooled. We spilled all our intentions and tells during the trade deadline of 2019.

This makes no sense. How did we get schooled?

What’s the piece you would NOT have given up for AD?

Simply theorizing if a better negotiator could have saved us a pick, a swap, etc. Or even keep Zo instead of Kuz, but that's moot if the Lakers wanted Kuz.

Him basically kissing jeanies ass saved him last year, but t wont save him this year
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

This is the kind of abject stupidity that fans live for. So easy to play this game when you don't have others reading that much into your every decision and drawing absurd conclusions like that about your own life. You must be SUPER confident in your ability to read people if you really think you can determine how dedicated Kuz is to the game based on his hair. Phil Handy raved about Kuz's work ethic. I think his opinion is a lot more valuable for obvious reasons.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: