Lonzo vs. Luka -- So Glad Lakers Dumped 'Zo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
Can you imagine in NOLA called us and said we'll give you Zo, BI, Hart and few picks in a trade for AD?

Rob would laugh for a good hour in their face before hanging up. We fleeced those Cajuns bad.

Just a few? We basically mortgaged our future for AD.

No we basically didn't, we owe them 2 picks from this point on, and swaps that are never gonna materialize.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
Can you imagine in NOLA called us and said we'll give you Zo, BI, Hart and few picks in a trade for AD?

Rob would laugh for a good hour in their face before hanging up. We fleeced those Cajuns bad.

Just a few? We basically mortgaged our future for AD.

No we basically didn't, we owe them 2 picks from this point on, and swaps that are never gonna materialize.

One swap. Not swaps. Mortgaging future is just being ignorant.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm not.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:

The Cajuns live south and west of NO.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if NO will pick up Zo's 2021/2022 contract option, which is at $14.36?

Especially when it would put him at just under $4m MORE than Zion will be making that season...
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What makes it even funnier is that we had the option of trading them Kuzma instead of Ingram.

Ainge met with Griffin just before we made our trade. Tatum wasn't on the table, but Baynes/Smart/Brown plus several 2019 1st rounders and Memphis' 2020 or 2021 pick would've been a far better offer than Kuzma/Hart/Ball + picks. Not to mention they'd be sending him out of the Western Conference.

The picks we traded would likely be mediocre at best had the Pels offered to let us keep Ingram, making the Celtics' offer even stronger relative to ours.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
What makes it even funnier is that we had the option of trading them Kuzma instead of Ingram.

Ainge met with Griffin just before we made our trade. Tatum wasn't on the table, but Baynes/Smart/Brown plus several 2019 1st rounders and Memphis' 2020 or 2021 pick would've been a far better offer than Kuzma/Hart/Ball + picks. Not to mention they'd be sending him out of the Western Conference.

The picks we traded would likely be mediocre at best had the Pels offered to let us keep Ingram, making the Celtics' offer even stronger relative to ours.

So you don't think that we ever really had the option of keeping Ingram? What about the story that said we did?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

So you don't think that we ever really had the option of keeping Ingram? What about the story that said we did?

I'm saying that if we tried to play hardball with Griffin, he had another option. I do not believe the trade happens without Ingram. One story won't change that, every source I've read says Ingram was the centerpiece of the deal.

After respected journalists such as Woj exposed themselves as having an axe to grind against our FO, not sure if one story is good enough, it could be one person's misinterpretation. It's possible that our FO thought Kuzma was a player who could be pulled from the deal without nixing it.

I'll look for the story...lemme guess, Bleacher Report? Fansided?

EDIT: Please tell me it was Jason Reed! He's (bleep) clueless! Oh God, let it be Reed!

Last edited by Laker_Dynasty_01 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Nope. They were chasing Kawhi and needed to get off of BI/Zo/4th pick’s salary. And that Deng stretch injected 5m plus into the cap deficit too. So if you keep BI you’d be missing a chance for a max FA. And Pels wanted BI and not Kuz it seems. I would have insisted the same.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I'm saying that if we tried to play hardball with Griffin, he had another option. I do not believe the trade happens without Ingram. One story won't change that, every source I've read says Ingram was the centerpiece of the deal.

After respected journalists such as Woj exposed themselves as having an axe to grind against our FO, not sure if one story is good enough, it could be one person's misinterpretation. It's possible that our FO thought Kuzma was a player who could be pulled from the deal without nixing it.

EDIT: Please tell me it was Jason Reed! He's (bleep) clueless! Oh God, let it be Reed!

Here's the story where this claim seems to be coming from. (I didn't see the article originally-- I heard this claim from posters on LG.)

https://lasportshub.com/2019/09/09/los-angeles-lakers-wrong-kyle-kuzma/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Nope. They were chasing Kawhi and needed to get off of BI/Zo/4th pick’s salary. And that Deng stretch injected 5m plus into the cap deficit too. So if you keep BI you’d be missing a chance for a max FA. And Pels wanted BI and not Kuz it seems. I would have insisted the same.

I am sure that Ingram was a Pelican requirement to conclude the trade. Losing him because they didn’t know how to read Kawhi would have been a fireable offense.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I'm not.

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I'm not.

why not? Lakers are in win now mode and Ball is clearly not ready for that.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
Nice one game sample-size. Lonzo is a great defender and has exceptional court-vision. I mean, no (bleep) is he worse than Doncic. Everybody is worse than Doncic. But don't tell me Lonzo is worthless. He can do a job on a team and he will have a full career in the NBA. More than some No.1-picks achieved. Yeah, he was drafted a couple of spots too early from what we know now, but compared to Doncic everybody looks like a total bust. Dude is a generational talent. Oh, and Lonzo is still recovering from injury by the way. I'm not a fan of Lonzo, but your line of reasoning sucks.

Great objective analysis. Most top 5 picks are more like Zo than Doncic. The draft is a crapshoot. Zo has some elite NBA skills and is not a bust.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Carushow wrote:
Nice one game sample-size. Lonzo is a great defender and has exceptional court-vision. I mean, no (bleep) is he worse than Doncic. Everybody is worse than Doncic. But don't tell me Lonzo is worthless. He can do a job on a team and he will have a full career in the NBA. More than some No.1-picks achieved. Yeah, he was drafted a couple of spots too early from what we know now, but compared to Doncic everybody looks like a total bust. Dude is a generational talent. Oh, and Lonzo is still recovering from injury by the way. I'm not a fan of Lonzo, but your line of reasoning sucks.

Great objective analysis. Most top 5 picks are more like Zo than Doncic. The draft is a crapshoot. Zo has some elite NBA skills and is not a bust.

Honestly I never saw anything in Lonzo that was truly elite at the NBA level, including his court vision and passing that have been too much hyped to me.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

The Cajuns live south and west of NO.

So NO is your answer? Rob would say NO
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Who’d you rather have with this squad, same salaries, Zo or KCP? After 24 games... I’d say KCP
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Here's the story where this claim seems to be coming from. (I didn't see the article originally-- I heard this claim from posters on LG.)

Lasportsthub.com eh? There's really just a handful of posters that keep repeating it with no hard evidence to be found.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I'm not.

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I like how we are un-ironically comparing Doncic to Lonzo and using that as evidence that Ball is a bust. If not being as good as Doncic is the barometer then everyone is a bust from that draft.

I think the jury is out on Ball, and I think he could have contributed to this team with his elite offense.

I read a post from somewhere, maybe the pelicans subreddit, that detailed how Lonzo is effectively working without a big man. When you consider Brandon Ingram is getting the bulk of the minutes at the 4, and Jaxson Hayes and Jahlil Okafor are splitting time at Center, it seems pretty clear that this is the case.

Comparing Doncic to Ball in this one game sample size is bad enough, but consider the big men on Dallas. Prozingis and freaking Boban off the bench. Hayes and Okafor don't have a chance inside against those two, and the pick and roll game is going to be atrocious, as well as any sort of post up attempts, or lobs. Boban had 15 and 16.

Hayes is a nice player, but he is still very raw. They are going to have growing pains. Without Zion they don't have a strong inside presence. Or will they? Who knows, the guy is still injured and figured to be a big part of their offense. Then they lose him for a month or two, and you have to figure the offense is going to look like crap for a while, right?

We all seem to agree that Ball is an elite defender. Why the hell is he a bust if he is an elite defender at the pg position? Is there a plethora of elite defensive 22 year old pgs, or is it somehow unnecessary?

His assist numbers will go up with Zion coming back, and that will open up his scoring game. The defense will be there. The thing I am most worried about is his injury history. Guy can't stay healthy.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Jury is in on Ball, the guy is a bust #2 pick. He's brittle, can't shoot, can't hit FTs, can't finish at the rim, is not aggressive, has divided focus, and has a headcase for a dad.

Alex Caruso is better than him, and it's not particularly even close.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yep, that's the same guy who just knows that the Pelicans will be willing to trade JJ Redick for KCP. If KCP isn't enough, he wants to violate the Stepien Rule by turning one of our swaps into an outright pick.

https://lasportshub.com/2019/11/14/los-angeles-lakers-rumors-trading-jj-redick/
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I am sure that Ingram was a Pelican requirement to conclude the trade. Losing him because they didn’t know how to read Kawhi would have been a fireable offense.

Why? We are 21-3 and have LBJ/AD. Rob turned it around quickly and got Danny Green, and filled out the roster and even took a gamble and won with Dwight.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Why? We are 21-3 and have LBJ/AD. Rob turned it around quickly and got Danny Green, and filled out the roster and even took a gamble and won with Dwight.

Yeah can't really argue anything so far Lakers are a title contender with the best record start in several decades. Pelinka has done his job excellently.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yep, that's the same guy who just knows that the Pelicans will be willing to trade JJ Redick for KCP. If KCP isn't enough, he wants to violate the Stepien Rule by turning one of our swaps into an outright pick.

https://lasportshub.com/2019/11/14/los-angeles-lakers-rumors-trading-jj-redick/

What I've been hearing from Pelicans fans is that they hear/think Reddick is to be moved for a draft pick
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: